The TV Thread

On 2018-07-04 at 2:42 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

Can’t wait for this.  The flashback scenes in the Sopranos were always awesome and begged to have a Series made. 

If it’s true this movie will feature Tonys dad, livia and Junior I hope HBO tries to make it into a series. 

New show on....HBO I think?  Sharp Objects staring Amy Adams.  In the vein of Big Little Lies but more of a drama/mystery.  First episode this past Sunday was suitably creepy.  Interesting casting with Danny from Mindy Project as a Detective and the girl from It as well. 

Does anyone watch The Affair?  Its back for another season too.

Some interesting stats about Netflix's GLOW Season 2.  I know Netflix is secretive about their viewership but I guess Nielson is now able to determine viewership

GLOW season two on Netflix has been a huge success. On the first three days the show was put up (6/29 to 7/1), the season averaged 700,000 viewers in the U.S. per episode, and 86 percent were between 18 and 49, the highest concentration of 18-49 viewers of any original streaming content on Netflix that Nielsen has analyzed. It also had viewership where the mean (meaning half above and half below) family income was $80,200 per year, the third highest of any Netflix series behind only “The Crown” and “House of Cards.”

13 hours ago, johnzo said:

Babylon Berlin opening credits.  The show is pretty good, but the credits are astonishing.  They're a little NSFW if you squint at them.

I'm going to give this show a try...  I've had it earmarked since reading it was the most expensive non-English language TV Drama of all-time.  $40M to produce!! 😮 

On 2018-07-12 at 2:31 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

I'm going to give this show a try...  I've had it earmarked since reading it was the most expensive non-English language TV Drama of all-time.  $40M to produce!! 😮 

Caught a few episodes so far pretty interesting, I would also recommend "Yellowstone" with Kevin Costner and "Succession" both currently in season one.

Also rugrats is getting a revival on nick...AND a live action film

https://tvline.com/2018/07/16/rugrats-revival-nickelodeon-series-order-cartoon/

now here's the thing at least four Rugrats voice actors passed away in 2016 (I kind of want to say that Tommy's grandfather and step-grandmother should have a notebook ending or something or other)

Edited by iHeart