The TV Thread

I think Paul Reiser appeared on Stranger things, oh yeah and I think he had a short lived sitcom a few years ago

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001663/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I can't remember the last time I saw Helen Hunt in ANYTHING I think she's still doing movies, in fact she's in a movie that will be released next year

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000166/?ref_=nv_sr_1

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

I think Paul Reiser appeared on Stranger things, oh yeah and I think he had a short lived sitcom a few years ago

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001663/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I can't remember the last time I saw Helen Hunt in ANYTHING I think she's still doing movies, in fact she's in a movie that will be released next year

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000166/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I've been wanting to introduce the fiancee to Mad About You...wishing it was on Netflix. I'd binge the **** outta that show. I'd be interested in a reboot...always enjoyed them. Had such a crush on HH when I was younger...

The Toys That Made Us

Interesting documentary show on Netflix about the most popular toys. The first episode was on Star Wars. I learned a whole lot about Kenner and how they came to get the Star Wars contract.

It's interesting but something about the way they edit the shows, does not make me love it. I feel like it could be more compelling.

I'm on Episode 2: Barbie.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

The Toys That Made Us

Interesting documentary show on Netflix about the most popular toys. The first episode was on Star Wars. I learned a whole lot about Kenner and how they came to get the Star Wars contract.

It's interesting but something about the way they edit the shows, does not make me love it. I feel like it could be more compelling.

I'm on Episode 2: Barbie.

Sounds interesting.  Im going to check it out.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:15 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t buy it. What is likely a boat load of money for a limited series?  Sounds like posturing to me. 

Unless money does not motivate her?   

I also find it doubtful since it is very hard for aging actresses to find prime roles on major shows and movies. 

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Very excited for this.  I loved both seasons, even though many did not like Season 2.  It had a great cast though.  Sounds like they are going back to their roots with Season 3.

17 hours ago, iHeart said:

Different dynamic.  Mulder was the big star.  And the series was actually really good with Agents Dogget and Reyes.  Anderson works regularly so its not a matter of not wanting a "regular series" especially since X-Files is now of the limited series variety.  But it does create buzz for the season.  They could do a third season with her on a limited appearance.  Plus they do have Agent Einstein now...

The premiere was really good, full Mythology.  Im glad I recently re-watched the entire series but I thought they did a pretty good job of bringing the viewer up to speed. 

24 minutes ago, iHeart said:

so you're saying Anderson is interchangeable? 

Not at all.  But just like they went two or three seasons without Mulder who is arguably more critical to the premise of the show than Scully, they could potentially do okay without Anderson.  And it just so happens that they created two younger versions of Mulder & Scully in the last season (and they show up briefly in the new season debut also).  

DD isnt interchangeable but they replaced him with Doggett and Reyes.