The TV Thread

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't know, it was arguably one of the best shows for it's time. It dealt with real social issues and did it in primetime. They didn't trivialize the issues and kept a huge audience for a very long time. That was remarkable.

There were other shows that dealt with serious social issues of violence and drug/alcohol abuse during the same timeframe  but never kept the audience.

But we should never forget the deep social message of "Not the Mama".  :)

Damn straight, I'll admit even I kind of want to see Dinosaurs get a reboot, or maybe they can go the same route that Roseanne, and Will and Grace is going and reviving it and erasing what happened in the finale

and now just for the hell of it, a cgi remake of I'm The Baby Gotta Love Me.....not done by the Jim Henson company (because let's face it, if it did get rebooted it probably would be CGI)

Edited by iHeart

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont.  When I was ready to try Netflix, I signed up for the free trial.  its worth it so I kept it.  I actually argued with someone over this "sharing".  If people do that, so be it.  But some guy was whining on a different forum about how Star Trek should be on Netflix because it's "free" because he uses a friend's account and he got some blowback about stealing.  His position was Netflix encourages this.  The only thing I found online was Netflix encourages family sharing but their intent is kids move out and get their own.  Dont be cheap.  lol

FWIW, Star Trek Discovery is on Netflix in 188 countries, just not here or the US.  That's one of my pet peeves with Netflix... I understand they why have different deals for different countries but it still irks me.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:32 PM, bigg jay said:

FWIW, Star Trek Discovery is on Netflix in 188 countries, just not here or the US.  That's one of my pet peeves with Netflix... I understand they why have different deals for different countries but it still irks me.

Its a CBS thing though.  Netflix wanted Star Trek on Netflix in North America too.  In fact, it was Netflix's interest in Star Trek that was a major driver of CBS reviving the series.  Originally, CBS announced they were pulling Star Trek off Netflix completely and using it to leverage their own streaming service (like Disney announced they are planning to do).  But the realities of launching world-wide and the deal Netflix offered made CBS think twice.  They kept the US market as an exclusive because the whole point is to build up All Access.  But they let Netflix have the rest of the world, minus Canada where they got too good of a deal from Bell to say no.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:55 AM, JCon said:

I'm five episodes into Godless on Netflix and it's been great.

Western with a bit of Deadwood flair. Not as good, of course, but very enjoyable.

There are only seven episodes so it's not much of a commitment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/godless-why-netflixs-brutal-timely-western-is-a-must-see-w512344

I really quite like Godless.

Just now, Logan007 said:

Yeah, I'm quite surprised.  I'm only 2 shows in, but it's been better then I thought.

graphic and not terribly so.. he is a ****** but still human.. really like the direction it takes and how well the casting was done.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I would say maybe just Daredevil season 2 since it introduces Frank in the universe, but this series really felt disconnected from everything else in the netflix universe. 

I agree, doesn't seem like its very interwoven like all the others tend to have been..  kind of a stand-alone.

Not sure who here watches Vikings on History Channel (a damn good series, IMO), but if you do, Knightfall airs tonight immediately afterward. Based on the history of the Knights Templar during the 14th century, I expect it'll be a gooder.

http://www.history.ca/knightfall/

Edited by blue_gold_84
link added

On 12/6/2017 at 2:07 PM, blue_gold_84 said:

Not sure who here watches Vikings on History Channel (a damn good series, IMO), but if you do, Knightfall airs tonight immediately afterward. Based on the history of the Knights Templar during the 14th century, I expect it'll be a gooder.

http://www.history.ca/knightfall/

watched the first epi last night.. was a little meh imo. 

41 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I enjoyed Big Little Lies, great cast.  The entire first season was based on the only novel about the characters so it was thought it was a one and done.  Nice to see its coming back and season 2 based on a story by the original author.