The TV Thread

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

End the show with a Netflix film. Got to let stuff go eventually.

Trek, Dr. Who aside.

Before they announced the X-Files revival I always figured it would make for an easy "new cast" revival.  The premise is excellent.  You could easily have new agents take over the X Files just as Fox Mulder did.  I was surprised but happy when they announced everyone was joining the revival.

The biggest issue is that the most popular aspect to the show is also the biggest weight to carry - the mythology. 

I REALLY want to see Robert Patrick guest star as Doggett though.  He's excellent.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:07 PM, iHeart said:

I agree with you 100%, SNL had it's best season in a long time and Handmaid's Tale's wins were so deserved, (still I wonder why the cameras didn't pan to Margaret Atwood whenever a winner thanked her....maybe they were saving her appearance as a surprise or something, also I have a feeling that Air Farce will spoof it when they do their NYE special)

Colbert was pretty entertaining, and I loved the digs that Baldwin and the cast of 9to5 did towards Trump...brilliant

Called it

17 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They;ve already killed off an entire season ala Dallas so can it get any worse?

Yeah. But it was the worst season. It’s unique because the final episode showed us the last season never happened and reality was different. This new season shows is that both the season and the final episode were not true. So it’s a double “Dallas”. 

15 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I think I may have posted that I can't remember, but from the whispers I heard about it, it's that Carell won't be involved

Correct. Or so they say now. Mix of new and old faces and searching for a new manager for the office. I’d suspect many of the background players to be the old faces returning. It’s the leads they’d switch up. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Correct. Or so they say now. Mix of new and old faces and searching for a new manager for the office. I’d suspect many of the background players to be the old faces returning. It’s the leads they’d switch up. 

well I can't exactly see Mindy Kaling returning (even though the Mindy Project has wrapped)

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Hmmmm.  Roseanne knows the character far better than me, but I wonder if its true to the character.  Weren't they sort of hippies?  Barr says its realistic because the working class voted for Trump.  Okay, but if they play realistically she's either batshit crazy, a racist or very sorry she voted that way.  But in the interest of creating drama, it should be fun to watch.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hmmmm.  Roseanne knows the character far better than me, but I wonder if its true to the character.  Weren't they sort of hippies?  Barr says its realistic because the working class voted for Trump.  Okay, but if they play realistically she's either batshit crazy, a racist or very sorry she voted that way.  But in the interest of creating drama, it should be fun to watch.

It's something they could definetly drive a couple eps of the season.

On December 26, 2017 at 5:37 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Also watching season 2 of The Crown on Netflix. Very well done series. Many of us have British roots and it’s a nice touch of “home”. 

I watched Peaky Blinders which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's set in Birmingham  England which is where my some of my roots are from so it was cool to watch from that perspective.