The TV Thread

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Its an odd trailer considering the next season is a prequel?

I didn't hear anything about season 2 being a prequel. That would be news to me. I'm sure the story will still cover past events since Jimmi Simpson is returning for Season 2 (but doesn't appear in this trailer).

21 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I didn't hear anything about season 2 being a prequel. That would be news to me. I'm sure the story will still cover past events since Jimmi Simpson is returning for Season 2 (but doesn't appear in this trailer).

Yeah the first season contained elements of prequel.  I imagine the second season will be much the same.

26 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Anybody here check out Altered Carbon on Netflix? First season was just released on the 2nd, so I binged it yesterday. If you're a sci-fi/cyberpunk fan, I guarantee you'll like it.

I dig it. I'm at episode 5... trying to ration it out rather than binge. Very Shadowrunny. Very cool.

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

:( I knew that move to friday was code for "Final season"

http://tvline.com/2018/02/06/once-upon-a-time-cancelled-ending-season-7/

That show became a travesty in season 7.  It was just rehashing everything from season 1, but with crappier characters and a worse plot.  After season 1 and 2, it just kept going farther and farther downhill.  Not bad, just downhill.  Season 7 was just bad though.

Edited by Logan007

Anyone have Amazon Prime?

Im considering subscribing.  Which would officially make me a streaming guy as I'd have more than just Netflix.  Looks like some good shows.  American Gods.  The Main in the High Castle (anyone watch this?).  Lore.  Plus, I order things probably monthly or so from Amazon so the free shipping would just about pay for it.

Altered Carbon on Netflix.

I'm five episodes in and it's been great. Great, original storyline and impressive visuals for a Netflix show. I can't wait to read the book.

The world they've created is really unique and leaves so many possibilities.

From IMDB:

Set in a future where consciousness is digitized and stored, a prisoner returns to life in a new body and must solve a mind-bending murder to win his freedom.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im considering subscribing.  Which would officially make me a streaming guy as I'd have more than just Netflix.  Looks like some good shows.  American Gods.  The Main in the High Castle (anyone watch this?).  Lore.  Plus, I order things probably monthly or so from Amazon so the free shipping would just about pay for it.

Yes, I do.  Or, rather my workplace does.  But I have the greenlight to use at home :)   I'm sure you know already, but if you buy a lot online and could utilize the shipping part of it, then Prime is a no brainer.  Amazon Music comes with as well, though I haven't tried it too much yet. 

The Man in the High Castle I started then forgot about, oh probably 2 yrs ago already.  The premise sounded too interesting to pass up.  Plus it's a Phillip K **** adaptation, which of course is awesome.   (sidenote:  check out the movie A Scanner Darkly.)   Honestly can't remember enough of the show to give it a good review, from my poor memory, it was very interesting & different just s1 was a little slow. 

American Gods I just started - 4 ep? in I think.  It's like Westworld meets Sin City.  I've watched as little Marvel/DC movies as anyone on earth, to me it feels comic-booky, but in a good way.  It's a trip, that's for sure.  (One minute we're set in today, the next we're in some heaven-like dreamworld talking about the 5 gods)  A series to avoid if you're overly bothered by crude language and nudity. 

The Night Manager is FOR SURE worth a watch.... pretty sure I did a crappy writeup for it a few pages back?  

Those are the 3 big "original" series to Amazon that jump out.  Sneaky Pete has good reviews thus far.  Mr.Robot, House, Preacher, 30 Rock are nice add ons for me personally.  

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

We also have it... barely use it though.  Hasn't been enough original content for our liking yet but that may change.  Even the non-exclusive stuff was underwhelming.

Like Netflix, Prime has a lot of content not available in Canada.  We were recently in Mexico and I threw it on one day to see the difference and it was huge.  I hope that kind of thing changes over time.