One Thing Overlooked On Friday ...

Mike

Not the biggest of issues but in my opinion, it was pretty bush league of Burke (or whoever made the decision) to not put Brett Carter in the game. Once the score got out of hand and the game was out of reach, would it have hurt to put the kid in so that maybe his debut could've been a bit more memorable?

I thought they should have done something to acknowledge him, whether it be announcing him as a starter and letting him run out onto the field with the starting offense or at least giving him a chance to step on the field.

I don't know ... maybe it's just me. Just seemed like it would have been a nice note to an otherwise shitty evening.

I like they treated him like everyone else.  No special treatment.  You have to earn your reps.

As for Volny, he's not a wide receiver.  We already have RB's available.  

Sure Volny isn't a receiver, but they clearly did not have enough confidence to put Carter out there at all, and he wasn't prepared for special teams.  I'd rather have an extra RB who can play special teams than someone I'm not going to put on the field at all.

We can pretend it doesn't matter... but the pressure to make Etienne succeed over Kohlert and Carter is definitely present.  Right now, Kohlert is our best NI receiver and, well, who knows with Carter.  Etienne is good too, make no mistake.

Sure Volny isn't a receiver, but they clearly did not have enough confidence to put Carter out there at all, and he wasn't prepared for special teams.  I'd rather have an extra RB who can play special teams than someone I'm not going to put on the field at all.

Right.  And if Kohlert or Etienne had been hurt and we had to go with a two-back set because we had no receivers to back-up our starters then everyone would say they were dumb for not dressing Carter.  I know the coaching staff has made its share of mistakes, but this seems like just a reason to dump on them so you can dump on them.  Should they have put Carter in?  It's a long season, while they were in "garbage time" in the 4th quarter, we still need all the points we can get against an Eastern rival, especially one who has shown signs they are every bit as crappy as the rest of the Eastern division.

We can pretend it doesn't matter... but the pressure to make Etienne succeed over Kohlert and Carter is definitely present.  Right now, Kohlert is our best NI receiver and, well, who knows with Carter.  Etienne is good too, make no mistake.

Right now, Etienne is our best NI receiver.

Right.  And if Kohlert or Etienne had been hurt and we had to go with a two-back set because we had no receivers to back-up our starters then everyone would say they were dumb for not dressing Carter.  I know the coaching staff has made its share of mistakes, but this seems like just a reason to dump on them so you can dump on them.  Should they have put Carter in?  It's a long season, while they were in "garbage time" in the 4th quarter, we still need all the points we can get against an Eastern rival, especially one who has shown signs they are every bit as crappy as the rest of the Eastern division.

Woodson was the backup receiver anyways.  He took reps as a receiver in 12 on 12 during warmup.  We weren't short, we had the same number of receivers we've dressed every game prior including Woodson.  It was an odd decision given everything that had to be done to make it happen for no gain (other than a cool night for Carter).  Maybe Volny is injured, because that's the only way it makes sense.

We play Toronto 3 times.  The likelihood of our PF-PA against them being consequential at the end of the season is miniscule, like hasn't happened in CFL history miniscule.

Woodson was the backup receiver anyways.  He took reps as a receiver in 12 on 12 during warmup.  We weren't short, we had the same number of receivers we've dressed every game prior including Woodson.  It was an odd decision given everything that had to be done to make it happen for no gain (other than a cool night for Carter).  Maybe Volny is injured, because that's the only way it makes sense.

We play Toronto 3 times.  The likelihood of our PF-PA against them being consequential at the end of the season is miniscule, like hasn't happened in CFL history miniscule.

Woodson at receiver eh?  Oh well, I guess we'll just agree to disagree on this one.  There are a lot of reasons the coaching staff should be under-fire, this one just seemed to be nit-picking to me.