Washington Redskins Urged to Change Team Name

I think it's hilarious that Unknown gets worked up over me poking fun and stirring the pot,    if the name is such a bad thing it will get changed.   What more can be said?  

I mostly single you out as my past experiences with some local wrestlers is that many of them are massively insecure and overly drama queens.  It's all in good fun man! I had a lotta fun at some old Ringmasters shows, not sure if you were a part of them but I thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the wrestlers get upset because the ladies in the crowd made fun of them.  

hmm, just a question here about the wrestling stuff, were the wrestlers in character at the time? cuz, if they were.. then them getting upset is actually just part of the act. Especially if they were portraying heels.

Yes

I think it's hilarious that Unknown gets worked up over me poking fun and stirring the pot,    if the name is such a bad thing it will get changed.   What more can be said?  

I mostly single you out as my past experiences with some local wrestlers is that many of them are massively insecure and overly drama queens.  It's all in good fun man! I had a lotta fun at some old Ringmasters shows, not sure if you were a part of them but I thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the wrestlers get upset because the ladies in the crowd made fun of them.  

I had no involvement in Ringmasters but if guys in the ring got upset, are you sure they weren't working and selling as they should have been?  Also, I'm not a local wrestler.

Also, I dont get worked up at all.  Suspecting you have underlying discrimination to certain segments of the population only disappoints me, it doesnt anger me.

i have to believe it was just part of the act also, i mean, if a drunk lady got in the ring and one of those guys actually did something to her, she could have probably sued that organization. She's lucky she didn't try that at a wwe event, she would have been beat down pretty big time.

Devils is offensive to religious people (catholic folks in particular) which make up a massive amount of the population.

Do you know what a jersey devil is?

The only people who fight "real" jersey devils are Mulder and Scully on the X-Files.

Do Catholic folks also object to tasmanian devils?  Devil's food cakes?  Dust devils?

I had no involvement in Ringmasters but if guys in the ring got upset, are you sure they weren't working and selling as they should have been?  Also, I'm not a local wrestler.

Also, I dont get worked up at all.  Suspecting you have underlying discrimination to certain segments of the population only disappoints me, it doesnt anger me.

i have to believe it was just part of the act also, i mean, if a drunk lady got in the ring and one of those guys actually did something to her, she could have probably sued that organization. She's lucky she didn't try that at a wwe event, she would have been beat down pretty big time.

Exactly.  And the best thing is, if the crowd was having fun and the wrestlers were reacting "selling" for them and Brandon thought it was all real, he's what we like to call a "mark".  (We're all marks really, but it has various meanings.  We can figure out the one that applies to Brandon).

hmm, just a question here about the wrestling stuff, were the wrestlers in character at the time? cuz, if they were.. then them getting upset is actually just part of the act. Especially if they were portraying heels.

Unfortunately no,  for the most part it was guys who were really skinny and unable to pull off most moves (suplexes) because they were 150 lbs and tiny.    I mentioned it before in another thread one of my favorite moments was when a drunk lady jumped in the ring and over powered the wrestler and pinned him resulting in many laughs and the promoter shaking his head in pity.  Lol.  

Unfortunately that never happened.  It just wouldn't.  if it happened, it was part of the show.

RME had their issues.  I've known 150 lb wrestlers that were tremendous.  You obviously dont know how wrestling is worked (which is fine) but saying a guy was 150 lbs so he couldnt execute a suplex is ludicrous, if you know how wrestling is worked.

So has football started yet?

There's a lot of interesting information out there.  Word origins, name origins, languages, history.  That's why this thread remained interesting.  I had forgotten there was a time when people actually thought the New Jersey Devils were referencing the actual devil.  Apparently Brandon knows some people who still do.  Now you can tell them you learned the actual origin, and on a football message board of all places.

Brandon, well, how best to explain this - when my kids are arguing with each other in a manner most childlike they always want to have the last word.  When they try that with me I don't say anything in response.  Maturity comes with adulthood.  For some much later than others.  I hope any pokes or prods contained in my responses were taken in reasonably good humour, they were not meant as insults.  You are certainly not required to care at all about any of the problems in the world or even acknowledge those problems exist.  That has largely become the platform of the republican party.

I have no interest in having the last word.  Or the most words.  Or the loudest words.  I have great interest in finding the right words, and that will be a work in progress until I shuffle off.  mbrg out.

It definitely wasn't an act. I saw the same look on the promoters face when a guy attempted the lion Sault and ended up missing the rope and snapping his neck on the rope.

The wrestling at the church TV studio was light years better in performance.

This was just untrained guys playing dress up. It was entertaining in a gong show way.

If

You're trying to tell me that a female fan hit the ring , attacked a wrestler and forcibly pinned him while the ref counted and you think it wasn't planned I call BS. Just wouldn't happen.

I don't doubt there was very poor wrestling. That I know. My promotion has had the best guys locally for our entire run of 12 years.

Hmm off the top of my head, here are some "weak light wrestlers" who were probably and are probably some of the best in the business past and present.

Bret Hart, bullcrap he was as heavy as they billed him, probably the best technical wrestler of all time.

Shawn Michaels, dude was barely 200 lbs IRL, again one of the best in ring performers i have ever seen

Currently or recently, CM Punk.. tiny but one of the best in the world

Daniel Bryan, again not huge... probably barely 200 lbs if that.. one of the best in ring workers (might argue the best) in todays wrestling world

Rey Mysterio JR... do i even have to explain that one? dude is 140 max. 

Hmm off the top of my head, here are some "weak light wrestlers" who were probably and are probably some of the best in the business past and present.

Bret Hart, bullcrap he was as heavy as they billed him, probably the best technical wrestler of all time.

Shawn Michaels, dude was barely 200 lbs IRL, again one of the best in ring performers i have ever seen

Currently or recently, CM Punk.. tiny but one of the best in the world

Daniel Bryan, again not huge... probably barely 200 lbs if that.. one of the best in ring workers (might argue the best) in todays wrestling world

Rey Mysterio JR... do i even have to explain that one? dude is 140 max. 

Size has nothing to do with work, you are correct.  "look" is more important.  Every single guy you mentioned ranged from fit to muscular. 

Locally, people have to understand that at this level it's not meant to be WWE.  It's like community theatre.  These kids are developing.  In Winnipeg we have a long history of developing guys that go on to larger national promotions but for every one guy that does, he needs 20 other guys around him for a promotion to function.

Just in the 12 years of PCW (my promotion) we've had:

Chi Chi Cruz (he was on the way 'down' from his career where he had appeared on TV for WWE several times and worked around the horn, most notably in Memphis)

Kenny Omega - possibly the best 'total package' worker on earth right now.  Was under contract to WWE when their development system was a shitshow (before HHH over-hauled it), and has worked for Ring of Honor and is a regular in Japan.

Mentallo - local veteran has worked in Japan, a couple of stints in Mexico's CMLL, a WWE try out and the MTV project

Mike Angels - perfect example of a unique look on a guy with unbelievable work and charisma,  Was recruited to work Japan after being seen in a youtube video (the infamous Cottage Country Falls Count Anywhere Match vs Kenny Omega - trust me, google it)

Adam Knight - WWE try out, worked several stings in Japan

Jon Cutler - WWE try out, under WWE contract in developmental before the over-haul.

And there's been a handful of other guys who've travelled around the US and Canada as well as a try out stint or two in Mexico or Japan.  Lots of good talent.  Dont judge the "skinny" guys too harshly.  What usually happens though, is a promotion comes a long because there is an ego somewhere there that wants to do it "their way" rather than just get involved with an established local promotion.  You end up with too many promotion and the talent is spread too thin.  The best guys usually gravitate to each other and then the number 3 or 4 promotion is left with maybe a few trainees, rookies and veterans that were never any good.  Ringmasters suffered this through much of their existance (and no disrespect to their guys as they certainly had a couple of really good guys).

But if you like local wrestling and want to see/enjoy it for the developing talent, you have to go to one of (or both) of the top two promotions in town and see the best talent.  For us, our "young guys" are made up of three guys who came out of Lance Storm's Academy and a guy who came from the UK, not just "fans" who went to two training classes and are now wrestlers.

And sorry - way off topic.  This is better for the wrestling thread because I am, as always, happy to talk wrestling ;-)

Rey mysterio is was roided up and in shape.

These guys I speak of are simply guys trying to be wrestlers but not putting effort into being an athlete. I'm not suggesting local guys looking like Scott Steiner and having to be massive... They should at least look somewhat in shape I.e. No giant beer bellies and or 4 inch pythons.

Mentallo and Kenny Omega are definitely guys who took it seriously and it showed.

Wrestling is suppose to at least somewhat suspend belief and when you have fat nerdy or tall anorexic people in the ring who are unable to life there opponent and or do anything athletic like a proper dropkick then its pretty lame to watch.

Devils is offensive to religious people (catholic folks in particular) which make up a massive amount of the population.

The only people who fight "real" jersey devils are Mulder and Scully on the X-Files.

Do Catholic folks also object to tasmanian devils?  Devil's food cakes?  Dust devils?

I died laughing.  Thank you. 

The most catholic people I know have no issue with Halloween.  If your catholic acquaintances do, it is not due to religion.

The most catholic people I know have no issue with Halloween.  If your catholic acquaintances do, it is not due to religion.

It's religion ,  it's the Church / Priest saying this.    Of course most people these days in North America are not religious ,  but the die hards and the ones overseas still have weird beliefs like this.     

Next Halloween and Christmas I'll post some scans from their bulletins which are quite comical and it'll be a good laugh.       I wished I kept the stuff I was given during Marriage Classes which was super hilarious ,   I could of shared the knowledge of the rhythm method which is much more morally acceptable compared to those evil things known as condoms lol.  

It's religion ,  it's the Church / Priest saying this.    Of course most people these days in North America are not religious ,  but the die hards and the ones overseas still have weird beliefs like this.     

Next Halloween and Christmas I'll post some scans from their bulletins which are quite comical and it'll be a good laugh.       I wished I kept the stuff I was given during Marriage Classes which was super hilarious ,   I could of shared the knowledge of the rhythm method which is much more morally acceptable compared to those evil things known as condoms lol.  

Did they tell you when the fertile period is? I'll bet you'll sire the next pope...

Devilled eggs...could be the next evil fetish...who knows what lurks in the hearts of men...

See, the people I know ARE religious in every single thing they do.  Don't care about Halloween.  *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...