Mike McCullough at MLB?

Chatting with Penton and he speculated that McCullough might be an option for the Bombers at MLB. He started 10 games last season for the Riders after recovering from a triceps injury. He's also a NI. Downside is that he's 34 years old. Could really help with the ratio though.

Well okay then.

a 34 year old who has never played full time? Maybe as a rotational guy who can rotate to fill a spot in the ratio with some of our other Canadians, but if we're going to give him his first full time gig in his 11 year career as our starting MLB, we may as well just start talking about who we want first overall in the 2015 draft.

EDIT: misread some stats

Once healthy he started 10 games at MLB for last years Grey Cup Champions. Just sayin...

He apparently did really well but they also took him out of the game and replaced him with an import on roughly half the snaps. We don't have the luxury of doing that unless we're rotating Canucks all over the place, which I suppose we'll have to do anyways.

I'd personally rather see us use a rotation of guys like Newman, Muamba and Thomas and stick with an every down work horse MLB

Do we actually need more 'leadership' - we have Banks, Alexander, Randle, Vega pretty much locked in...  Suber, Sears are still in the mix

Here's a crazy idea, how about Terrell Parker for MLB...

If he is healthy Terrell Parker could be it. He looked good last year before he got nicked. Seems he has been working very hard offseason to rehab and come back in perfect shape and 100% healthy. I sure like what I saw of him fleetingly last season.

Once healthy he started 10 games at MLB for last years Grey Cup Champions. Just sayin...

He apparently did really well but they also took him out of the game and replaced him with an import on roughly half the snaps. We don't have the luxury of doing that unless we're rotating Canucks all over the place, which I suppose we'll have to do anyways.

I'd personally rather see us use a rotation of guys like Newman, Muamba and Thomas and stick with an every down work horse MLB

If I had my way, I'd minimize the use of rotation schemes but if I had to choose, I'd pick the middle linebacker spot(s) as my guy(s) who never leaves the field. 

A general observation to be made here is that it seems like Etch is kind of causing some issues in terms of the players he wants. I mean, it seems maybe he was the reason McRath was let go, not saying McRath was anything huge but, It seems maybe ETCH is having too much of a say. We have so many DB'S under contract? why? yet not many LBs any more. Seems stupid. Perhaps the best thing to do is eliminate the problem here and fire etcheverry now and actually have a somewhat conventional CFL defence instead of something that probably isn't sustainable long term.

Fire Etch now. 

Solves our MLB problem cuz McRath would probably still be that guy if ETCH wasn't here. 

A general observation to be made here is that it seems like Etch is kind of causing some issues in terms of the players he wants. I mean, it seems maybe he was the reason McRath was let go, not saying McRath was anything huge but, It seems maybe ETCH is having too much of a say. We have so many DB'S under contract? why? yet not many LBs any more. Seems stupid. Perhaps the best thing to do is eliminate the problem here and fire etcheverry now and actually have a somewhat conventional CFL defence instead of something that probably isn't sustainable long term.

Fire Etch now. 

Solves our MLB problem cuz McRath would probably still be that guy if ETCH wasn't here. 

This doesn't make any sense. I don't like Etcheverry either, but if you're asking the guy to put a good defense on the field, he sure as hell should be able to make sure he gets the players he wants to do that. And you said yourself you're not assuming McRath was going to be anything special, so this just sounds to me like a reach in order to cast more doubt on Etcheverry.

What if it is just the fact that McRath didn't perform well at the mini-camp in Florida?

If you don't have faith in Etch…that's fine, but at least have faith in O'Shea who, by his demeanour, is not going to stand by and watch his defence be putrid.