Chad Johnson to workout for Als

gbill2004

He said he has lots of money as a result of his other business ventures and is now playing "to be a part of something".

well, he has the right attitude then. I wish him luck.

It would be good for the league actually, i just am not convinced he will be that great up here.

Chad definitely doesn't have money issues - or atleast the perception he has put out there would leave one to believe that. He doesn't drink, and he has always called himself cheap. Literally the only hit on him throughout his NFL career was the arrest after allegedly headbutting his wife. A big hit, obviously, but a lot of people mistake his persona on the field for a raging party drug life off the field, which is the furthest thing from the proof.

@CFL: From @JimPoppGM: “We do expect to meet with Chad Johnson and work him out in Vero Beach, FL this week." (1/2) #CFL

@CFL: .@JimPoppGM: "Talks did take place and have escalated over the last week.” (2/2) #CFL

We are a league noted for second and third chances . . .

Ya, in the early 80's we gave Vince Ferragamo another chance to show what a crappy QB he was ;)

Ferragamo was a straight pocket passer who couldn't avoid the rush. Typical of the NFL qbs of that era. Looking at the vid I saw of Johnson on CFL.ca... It looks like he can still create separation with his coverage. If he stays healthy he could do very well up here. From everything I've read about the guy he's never been a diva in the locker room & he works hard at practice. Doesn't take any plays off either in games... He yaps on social media but so what? 

Chad definitely doesn't have money issues - or atleast the perception he has put out there would leave one to believe that. He doesn't drink, and he has always called himself cheap. Literally the only hit on him throughout his NFL career was the arrest after allegedly headbutting his wife. A big hit, obviously, but a lot of people mistake his persona on the field for a raging party drug life off the field, which is the furthest thing from the proof.

Wasn't Terrell Owens a non drinker also and he's flat out broke.....     most athletes who go broke usually blow the money on poor investments....

Wasn't Terrell Owens a non drinker also and he's flat out broke.....     most athletes who go broke usually blow the money on poor investments....

Yeah he blew it on investments he said. Also paid child support to three women for children he wanted nothing to do with, so I am not surprised that he wound up broke. Careless individual.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny related story... a girl on our football team who is quite tiny eats double macs all the time.  Orders two big macs and only has one bun.  Calls it half carbing it.  Also only bits half the fry and throws out the rest.  Also works her ass off.  If that's what you eat, you just have to work harder, she says ;)

Funny related story... a girl on our football team who is quite tiny eats double macs all the time.  Orders two big macs and only has one bun.  Calls it half carbing it.  Also only bits half the fry and throws out the rest.  Also works her ass off.  If that's what you eat, you just have to work harder, she says ;)

You can get away with that until the age of 30 hits you like a mack truck.

damn you old age!

I got 7 days to go I guess I should make the best of it.