Chad Johnson to workout for Als

gbill2004

The problem with johnson is that its not 10 years ago anymore. If this was chad johnson from 10 years ago, you might actually have something. Im not so sure tho that the present day chad johnson will make that much of an impact.

I have no issue with the als brining him in, think its fantastic actually. I just dont really expect johnson to be as good as some seem to think he will be.

should be interesting. He's been quiet the last couple of years and I'm always willing to let a guy show that he's changed. Coming the the CFL can be a humbling experience for an American hotshot. At the very least, we should see some entertaining TD celebrations.

should be interesting. He's been quiet the last couple of years and I'm always willing to let a guy show that he's changed. Coming the the CFL can be a humbling experience for an American hotshot. At the very least, we should see some entertaining TD celebrations.

After one of our DB's step in front of him declaring pick six :-).  The jury is out on whether this will be good for the type of image the CFL is wanting.

It guarantees that his opponents will be 100% focussed on game day. Remember how every defender in the CFL wanted nothing more than to shut down Ricky Williams when he came up here? I see this working out the same way. Lots of motivation for players to step up and take the "star" down a peg. 

Do the als even need american receivers? This seems to be a huge PR move.

Get the feeling he gets cut in training camp

If not, i dont know how long he will last up here. I dont know how good he will be either, he's gonna have a target on his back.

Hate saying this, but... i love when former "nfl stars" come up here and fail.

Ricky Williams was supposed to come up here and dominate, he didnt. Akili Smith is another, got cut in camp didnt he?

So many former NFL guys come up here with this attitude that they are gonna just light it up big time.... but then reality kicks in and they realize,oh crap these guys up here are actually pretty good. If johnson comes in with the attitude that he is gonna do amazing things  because he was a former NFL player, he will fail. If not, he might have a chance but... i have to question whether the als actually need another american receiver, Richardson,Green among others... I dont know if CJ even makes it out of camp.

Seems to be an annual thing, JIM POPP brings in some american player who gets all this hype only to see him be cut during camp.

The other thing, How far has johnson fallen, what has he done with all his money? the guy was making millions upon millions upon millions of dollars, where did all that money go? Is he playing now for the love of the game or because his millions are now gone and he needs the money?

Edited by Goalie