Bob Wylie to be new O-Line coach - Confirmed

So true. Pencer, Swiston, Greaves and whoever goes 2nd overall will all benefit from Wylie immensely.

He immediately upgrades our OL. To make an awful comparison, acquiring Wylie as a coach means to our OL what signing Josh Bourke would have meant.

Yup. I felt that landing wylie would be the biggest coup this team has pulled off this season.. He will.add respectablity to our o-line and the youngsters will benefit greatly from his knowledge.. Best news of the off-season.

I wonder if the title "Overseer" means that along with this job he has other obligations in other places and will be allowed to come and go as he sees fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the sidelines for every game.  Maybe that's why it took them so long to work out the details of his contract.

There are OL coaches that are Offensive Coordinators (run game) & then OC"s (passing game) on the same team. The game preparation is actually split up & not prepared by just one coach.  Maybe that's the role he has... More input into the offense & what to call with the blocking schemes for the run game with the Bombers.I mean, just speculating on my part. 

Well that didn't take long...................... hopefully Walters and Co. can draft a ready to go centre this year. Wylie is a great have and all, but let's not pretend that we have much talent for him to work with.

but let's not pretend that we have much talent for him to work with.

But nobody's pretending anything…we just don't know.

For years we've had these guys who may, or may not be any good, and we've had questions about the coaching.

Now, we have somebody we can trust to evaluate.

That's the whole point of procuring somebody who will know…and do something about it, and that does warrant the optimism behind this hire.

For years we've had these guys who may, or may not be any good, and we've had questions about the coaching.

That's the whole point of procuring somebody who will know…and do something about it, and that does warrant the optimism behind this hire.

No question, I am completely behind Wylie and believe he can improve the line, but realistically there's only so much he can do without the proper horses. 

No question, I am completely behind Wylie and believe he can improve the line, but realistically there's only so much he can do without the proper horses. 

but what if these guys are better than they showed because they didn't get the coaching required? At least now there will be no question about it. If a proven guy can't get them to play better no one can and you get new players, but so many guys seemed to never progress that it calls into question the development.

Wylie is an investment that could pay dividends for several years. The Bombers have lots of young OLs (Pencer, Swiston, Neufeld, Jones, 2014 1st round draft pick). Even if Wylie is only here for one season, the learning and development they receive from one of the best at his craft, will help the young OLs for the rest of their career.

Well that didn't take long...................... hopefully Walters and Co. can draft a ready to go centre this year. Wylie is a great have and all, but let's not pretend that we have much talent for him to work with.

So you know how to grade out young O-line talent and aged vets ability to get coached up... From the stands or tv no less?

Good golly! Tell us more!!