Ham Signs Ol Rockhill

Zontar

what was the trade exactly?  The way Zontar wrote it it makes no sense whatsoever.  Rockhill and Kanya for Masoli, Wojt and Lawrence?

Yeah that's right.  Then EDM cut Rockhill and HAM resigned him, so it ends up being Masoli, Wojt, and Lawrence for Kanya.  A starting OL plus two decent prospects for a decent Canadian special teamer.

Yeah that's right.  Then EDM cut Rockhill and HAM resigned him, so it ends up being Masoli, Wojt, and Lawrence for Kanya.  A starting OL plus two decent prospects for a decent Canadian special teamer.

Then add rec. Ed Gant and and highly touted prospect KR Tavoy Moore, whom EDM couldnt find room for, to complete EDM's bungle-rama.

iirc, some fans thought Hervey schooled Mack and is a better GM, especially on that Reilly signing.

im glad Mack is our GM and not Hervey, thats for sure.

Well Hervey schooled Mack I guess in that he was willing to engage in tampering to get Reilly, while Mack wanted to follow the rules.  Stupid Mack. I assume that the league was willing to look the other way on the Reilly tampering given all the tampering that went on in the Ricky Ray deal.  I doubt that Mack would have been afforded the same courtesy.

C'mon MOAB, Hervey's Eskimos look a mess but we're 0-1 with qb issues same as last year. Nothing's changed with the Bombers as to how it is managed & coached. Mack hasn't built a winner. Jury's out if he can't do it this year.

Hervey is pretty cocky & needs his ego to be knocked down a few pegs because maybe he's not the genius he thought he was. The Rockhill cut? That's just Kavis Reed being Kavis Reed. Another head coach with a pretty high opinion of himself. The guy never was a great defensive coordinator. And he was ST coordinator for Saskatchewan in 2009 when the Riders had 13 men on the field in the GC. Why Sonic & the Esks organization thought he'd make a great head coach is a big mystery to a lot of fans.

As far as Mack goes, if we lose in Montreal to fall to 0-2 then the heat is going to start to be turned up for his firing.You know it's going to start if we lose.

C'mon MOAB, Hervey's Eskimos look a mess but we're 0-1 with qb issues same as last year. Nothing's changed. If fans are glad Mack is our GM then we're in trouble.

we play any other team other than Calgary in Week 1 at home and I think we are 1-0 right now.  I didn't see much from a lot of other teams.  Edmonton is brutal.  BC has taken a big step back.  The Riders only looked good because they got to beat up on the Esks.  Toronto and Hamilton's defences look like swiss cheese, and Hamilton is going to find all new ways to lose again this year.  Calgary and Montreal look like the early favorites, but if AC and Tate go down early, all bets are off. 

C'mon MOAB, Hervey's Eskimos look a mess but we're 0-1 with qb issues same as last year. Nothing's changed with the Bombers as to how it is managed & coached. Mack hasn't built a winner. Jury's out if he can't do it this year.

Hervey is pretty cocky & needs his ego to be knocked down a few pegs because maybe he's not the genius he thought he was. The Rockhill cut? That's just Kavis Reed being Kavis Reed. Another head coach with a pretty high opinion of himself. The guy never was a great defensive coordinator. And he was ST coordinator for Saskatchewan in 2009 when the Riders had 13 men on the field in the GC. Why Sonic & the Esks organization thought he'd make a great head coach is a big mystery to a lot of fans.

As far as Mack goes, if we lose in Montreal to fall to 0-2 then the heat is going to start to be turned up for his firing.You know it's going to start if we lose.

Nobody's getting fired 2 games into the season.  The fans/media can clamour for it all they want, but if we win the third game, no one cares that we started 0-2.  Panic time doesn't start unless we hit 0-4.

Never mind the fact that we haven't even played that second game yet.

KBF, I know we beat Montreal in Montreal last year but they have so many big play weapons that it's going to be hard to stop them. And the Bombers don't have that fan support to pick them up.  If Buck plays poorly it's going to be a long night. On his shoulders.

As far as Kavis Reed goes, does he last the season? Will Hervey fire an old teammate? Is that the Eskimo way?

KBF, I know we beat Montreal in Montreal last year but they have so many big play weapons that it's going to be hard to stop them. And the Bombers don't have that fan support to pick them up.  If Buck plays poorly it's going to be a long night. On his shoulders.

As far as Kavis Reed goes, does he last the season? Will Hervey fire an old teammate? Is that the Eskimo way?

they can always fire their coordinators ..... as an scapegoats ;)

Nobody's getting fired 2 games into the season.  The fans/media can clamour for it all they want, but if we win the third game, no one cares that we started 0-2.  Panic time doesn't start unless we hit 0-4.

Never mind the fact that we haven't even played that second game yet.

I never said Mack was going to be fired after the second game. Where did I say that? I said, that the talk of his firing will heat up if we lose again in Montreal. That's all I said.

Hey Iso , I know it's going to be a tough one to win in Montreal.  AC is especially effective at the start of the year.  We definitely got the short end of the stick playing them twice to start the year, when AC is at his best.  By September I'd wager he's about 75% of where he is now, just due to wear and tear, and I've seen that drop-off get worse and worse as he gets older.  Anyway, I just want to see the Bombers put in a good try.  I liked what I saw last week.  The Bombers didn't just roll over and die after going down 14.  In 2012, the game would have been already over at that point.

The key is to pressure AC & knock him around a bit. If we get him hurrying his throws then we have a chance. If there's no pressure he'll cut the Bomber defense to pieces.

They got a ton of pressure on him last week and knocked him around and he looked overall pretty ineffective. What the bombers need to do is cut out the turnovers on offense and find some consistency there and they will be fine. QB position let them down in week one and it's pretty much as simple as that. I have no doubts based on what I've seen in the opening week that the bombers defense can keep this team in games with even a modest offensive output providing that turnovers don't become a major theme. 

Edmonton is building a nasty OL.  Too bad for Mike Reilly being able to block someone isn't a requirement, just a nasty demeanour.

LOL!

Yeah if  hitting guys hard on the run back after they've picked off yet another bad pass is a judge of an OL, then Edmonton wins hands down!  It was nice to see Diamond Ferri laid out though, I honestly didn't know that d-bag was still in the league.

LOL!

Yeah if hitting guys hard on the run back after they've picked off yet another bad pass is a judge of an OL, then Edmonton wins hands down! It was nice to see Diamond Ferri laid out though, I honestly didn't know that d-bag was still in the league.

here is a tip. if you think a guys is out of he league, check sask or edm roster. if he isn't there he's out of the league