Jim Daley named new Argos ST coach

Mike

Miss the Jim Daley call in show so much. 

Caller: "I think you're a terrible coach Daley. You have no idea what you're doing and..."

Irving: "All right caller, you made your point. Let Jim respond."

Daley: "The caller is absolutely right. It was a bad performance. But we had a tremendous week of practice. And when we reviewed the film, I saw tremendous effort...."

Miss the Jim Daley call in show so much.

Caller: "I think you're a terrible coach Daley. You have no idea what you're doing and..."

Irving: "All right caller, you made your point. Let Jim respond."

Daley: "The caller is absolutely right. It was a bad performance. But we had a tremendous week of practice. And when we reviewed the film, I saw tremendous effort...."

Not much different from the Burke needing to review film to see what went wrong responses

Both may not have berm very successful as HCs but have been effective as assistants.

Jim Daley's time his past. His last stint as a special teams coordinator was woeful to say the least. That being said, here's more news if you will about the Argos coaching staff...

Casey Creehan and Will Plemons both on #Argos new coaching staff under DC Tim Burke. #Bombers

Both may not have berm very successful as HCs but have been effective as assistants.

Jim Daley's time his past. His last stint as a special teams coordinator was woeful to say the least. That being said, here's more news if you will about the Argos coaching staff...

Casey Creehan and Will Plemons both on #Argos new coaching staff under DC Tim Burke. #Bombers

Burke implied and sometimes even more than implied it was our lack of talent for our woes. I guess he and Creehan get a second kick at the can with the Argo's defense. So, if the Argo defense shites the bed this year, or at the very least regress from what they achieved last year, is it now on them or can they continue to use the lack of talent reason (excuse to some)? Or will they come up with another explanation, new system, players left, injuries, head coach etc etc?

The Argos will do well with Burke as the DC.  The problem last year was Creehan.  Burke and Creehan were both in over their heads last year.  They are more suited to their current positions and should both do well.   

the Peter Principle in action once again. 

weird that all 3 of these guys on our 2014 staff (Burke, Creehan, Daley) all proved their inability at superior positions in Winnipeg...