Redblacks getting some offers for Glenn

I feel like if South Park made an episode about Desjardins as a GM, every mention of him would be followed by "dum dum dum dum dum."

It'll be nice to kick the RedBlack's ass as soon as possible. They're going to have an older team that initially will probably be competitive so we may not be able to do it in 2015. But as that team ages & they're handicapped by bloated contracts, I can't wait. Eff you Desjardins.

As we don't have a first round pick anymore it would have to be for next year's draft if the Bombers do pull off a trade. I dunno. We do need veteran depth. Really not anyone out there but Glenn.

Do we "need" veteran depth?  I think an important different is between a need and want.

I would love Glenn here for veteran depth, but its not like the team can't prosper without him.  Sure it is less than ideal to not have a vet in the second spot, as we saw rotating QBs last year, but it is possible to make it work.  What the Bombers need to consider is if (Glenn - draft pick) > (Hall/Other QB acquisition + remaining draft pick).  I'm not sure the difference is so large that this is a 'need' for the Bombers.

I feel like if South Park made an episode about Desjardins as a GM, every mention of him would be followed by "dum dum dum dum dum."

It'll be nice to kick the RedBlack's ass as soon as possible. They're going to have an older team that initially will probably be competitive so we may not be able to do it in 2015. But as that team ages & they're handicapped by bloated contracts, I can't wait. Eff you Desjardins.

Why the hate for Desjardins? All the guy did was overpay for Burris.

I think we need Glenn but to have to bend over for Desjardins to get Glenn is ridiculous. Glenn won't be happy unless he goes to a team where he thinks he has a chance to be the starter or that will play him a lot. I don't see a lot of teams out there willing to trade a #1 pick for the guy as he'd go into a situation where he'd have to fight for the number 1 spot like Montreal, Edmonton & even Winnipeg although this may be the team that provides the best option. 

Why the hate for Desjardins? All the guy did was overpay for Burris.

He's driving up salaries by artificially inflating them. He seems like a cocky & arrogant guy & now he wants a first rounder for Glenn. He wants to put the Bombers over a barrell hoping they panic & overpay for Glenn. I hope Burris turns into  Casey Printers 2.0 for the man... That would be funny. 

He's driving up salaries by artificially inflating them. He seems like a cocky & arrogant guy & now he wants a first rounder for Glenn. He wants to put the Bombers over a barrell hoping they panic & overpay for Glenn.

What do you think he should do? Lend us one of his quarterbacks?

The guy has a team to build and is starting from pretty close to zero. You can't fault him for playing the game hard.

Besides, if the Bombers panic and overpay for Glenn, that is not Desjardins' fault.

In  a now 9 team league which has had its share of financial  difficulty over the years, all it takes is one GM or owner to upset a delicate apple cart. Desjardins is known to overpay for marquis players like he did Casey Printers in Hamilton when he was GM there. Now, he's done the same for Burris. The guy failed abysmally the first time as a GM with the Ti Cats & he's out to make a name for himself the 2nd time round. He does have an advantage as he has a blank cheque book basically as he only has maybe a dozen players & isn't hamstrung like other GMs contractually because of the SMS. Give it a year or two. Certainly he's taking advantage of the situation this year as things will be much different next year at this time. We'll see how things shake out as the seasons progress for Marcel. I thought he was a horrible GM in Hamilton so I hope we kick his team's ass first chance we get. 

He's driving up salaries by artificially inflating them. He seems like a cocky & arrogant guy & now he wants a first rounder for Glenn. He wants to put the Bombers over a barrell hoping they panic & overpay for Glenn.

What do you think he should do? Lend us one of his quarterbacks?

The guy has a team to build and is starting from pretty close to zero. You can't fault him for playing the game hard.

Besides, if the Bombers panic and overpay for Glenn, that is not Desjardins' fault.

Do think his Plan A was to go into the season with Kevin Glenn? Or maybe his real plan was to screw Glenn over by taking (and overpaying ) Burris and dumping Glenn. Letting a player go cuz he's not playing up to par is one thing but using him (like he did Glenn) is someone that I wouldn't want to do business with.

No. He devalued Glenn like Kelly did and now he wants a first rounder? Sorry Mr Desjardins you have a 900k QB stable or you release one of them. Or we'll trade Goltz for Glenn.

In  a now 9 team league which has had its share of financial  difficulty over the years, all it takes is one GM or owner to upset a delicate apple cart. Desjardins is known to overpay for marquis players like he did Casey Printers in Hamilton when he was GM there. Now, he's done the same for Burris. The guy failed abysmally the first time as a GM with the Ti Cats & he's out to make a name for himself the 2nd time round. He does have an advantage as he has a blank cheque book basically as he only has maybe a dozen players & isn't hamstrung like other GMs contractually because of the SMS. Give it a year or two. Certainly he's taking advantage of the situation this year as things will be much different next year at this time. We'll see how things shake out as the seasons progress for Marcel. I thought he was a horrible GM in Hamilton so I hope we kick his team's ass first chance we get. 

I don't know why you keep bringing up this false statement that the Redblacks have a blank chequebook because their roster is empty. They have 45 guys under contract right now and about as many big ticket players as guys like Edmonton or Winnipeg or hey, even BC. Glenn, Burris, Shologan, Fraser, Hage, Pottinger and Eppele don't play for free. Ottawa has a bunch of money tied up in contracts already.

I don't know why you keep bringing up this false statement that the Redblacks have a blank chequebook because their roster is empty. They have 45 guys under contract right now and about as many big ticket players as guys like Edmonton or Winnipeg or hey, even BC. Glenn, Burris, Shologan, Fraser, Hage, Pottinger and Eppele don't play for free. Ottawa has a bunch of money tied up in contracts already.

Not 4.2 million or whatever the SMS cap is. He is nowhere near the salary cap yet, Mike. Desjardins has a lot of room to go after free agents & build the team in the areas he wants unlike all other CFL teams who don't have that flexibility. It's still early in the game for the RedBlacks. 

Do think his Plan A was to go into the season with Kevin Glenn? Or maybe his real plan was to screw Glenn over by taking (and overpaying ) Burris and dumping Glenn.

I think his Plan A was to improve his football team.

His "real plan?"  What is this, Scooby-doo?  Do you think Marcel Desjardins has some kind of personal grudge against Glenn?  Do you think the entire Ottawa team is an elaborate scheme that is solely designed to hurt Kevin Glenn's feelings?  Do you think Kevin Glenn shouldn't have to face competition for his job?

It's football. It's a shitty business.

Do think his Plan A was to go into the season with Kevin Glenn? Or maybe his real plan was to screw Glenn over by taking (and overpaying ) Burris and dumping Glenn.

I think his Plan A was to improve his football team.

His "real plan?"  What is this, Scooby-doo?  Do you think Marcel Desjardins has some kind of personal grudge against Glenn?  Do you think the entire Ottawa team is an elaborate scheme that is solely designed to hurt Kevin Glenn's feelings?  Do you think Kevin Glenn shouldn't have to face competition for his job?

It's football. It's a shitty business.

Zoinks!  I knew that Desjardin was the reason people said Ivor Wynne stadium was haunted.  And he would have gotten away with it too, if not for the nosy posters at MBB.