Free agency predictions?

Mike

With how big the new regime appears to be on leadership, Emry's got a good chance to suit up for the Blue and Gold.  Would love him and Bourke; but I'd take Laurent in a pinch if Bourke is re-signed. 

The more I think about it though, the more I like the idea of our secondary getting a makeover.  Hefney left last year, Jovon and Stewart look to be on the outs now.  Suber, Washington, and Sears were gamers.  If we were to throw Banks and Pat Watkins in there, the young guys could make a big improvement.  Butler would help too... but not as much of an impact as Watkins would make.

Emry is one of the biggest tools in the league.  Even as a veteran he takes incredibly stupid, selfish penalties.  Add health concerns with concussions and spotty play, I don't think the market for him will be all that strong.

Wpg - Kohlert, Patrick Watkins, Sorensen, Anthony Parker, Chad Rempel, Andrew Jones

Mtl - Bourke, Emry, Will Ford, Kenny Mainor, Sean Whyte

Edm - Myddelton, Randle, David Lee, Wayne Smith

Ott - Jovon, Stewart, West, Nick Moore, Damaso Munoz, Josh Bell, Matt Carter, Cary Koch

BC - Craig Butler, Scott Mitchell

Cgy - Keron Williams

Ssk - Kory Sheets, Jock Sanders, Graig Newman, Chris Milo

Tor - Swayze Waters, Zander Robinson, Marc Beswick

Ham - Jamall Johnson, Torrey Davis, Akeem Foster, Brandon Lang

With how big the new regime appears to be on leadership, Emry's got a good chance to suit up for the Blue and Gold.  Would love him and Bourke; but I'd take Laurent in a pinch if Bourke is re-signed. 

The more I think about it though, the more I like the idea of our secondary getting a makeover.  Hefney left last year, Jovon and Stewart look to be on the outs now.  Suber, Washington, and Sears were gamers.  If we were to throw Banks and Pat Watkins in there, the young guys could make a big improvement.  Butler would help too... but not as much of an impact as Watkins would make.

Emry is one of the biggest tools in the league.  Even as a veteran he takes incredibly stupid, selfish penalties.  Add health concerns with concussions and spotty play, I don't think the market for him will be all that strong.

If we got Ferri and Emry after some of the things Bomber fans have said about them over the years that would be amusing to say the least.  

I'm hoping for Butler.  (amongst the realistic options).

I say we get butler, kohlert, forzani and myddleton

Could see us trying for mitchell

Anyone signing him will just be paying him to sit on the 9 game list.  I could see Calgary doing it out of loyalty if they think he's ever going to play again.

I'd gamble on him.  Could be a potential great receiver for value... incentive based contract... never know.

Forzani is hurt. He can't play.... His recovery is not going very well. It may be months before he plays, if ever. 

Sounds like Marcellus Bowman.

Forzani had some kind of a last ditch, radical surgery having to do with the tendons in his injured foot last year. He is okay to run on his foot after a long rest. Where the problem comes is when he has been running for any length of time then the pain & swelling come up again... So, basically he is unable to do any long term running on it like at a practice or a game. Doesn't look good. If he was healthy, he'd be a good pickup but not the condition he's in now. 

Forzani is hurt. He can't play.... His recovery is not going very well. It may be months before he plays, if ever. 

Sounds like Marcellus Bowman.

Bowman had a pretty run of the mill knee injury, just needed recovery time.

Forzani is in a lot of trouble with his ankle/foot.

Just listen to Penton on CJOB he has no clue who or who has not gotten a contract offer. He is not sure what they are going to do tomorrow. Probably the best news I have heard from the Bombers. Past years there hand would be played before anything had happened.

Just listen to Penton on CJOB he has no clue who or who has not gotten a contract offer. He is not sure what they are going to do tomorrow. Probably the best news I have heard from the Bombers. Past years there hand would be played before anything had happened.

Very happy to hear about this, while it sucks in a way that we're not getting all the juicy details early on, the leaks that continued to occur were IMO a massive black mark on the organization.