Bombers Vs Als: Post Game Thread

iso_55

Good observation Pigseye. Motion is the key to identifying a defence and creating mismatches on receivers. This lack of creativity and the use of motion again speaks to crowton's in experience in the CFL game.

Compared our offense to what the Stamps were doing last night...No creativity. Brutal. Way too conservative.The other thing was the Bombers OL. Played okay but not great. More trying to survive rather than being aggressive. Look at that rookie center Stamps have. On one play he fires out blocks a guy out of the play sheds that block & makes another 5 yards downfield for Cornish. You don't see the Bpmbers OL doing that ever. The OL plays tentatively. There's no aggression. No doubt they're worried it'll be their ass if they miss a block  or get beated & Buck goes down. The ENTIRE offense played not  to lose on Thursday night in the second half. And there was no leadership from Buck Pierce. This  guy's confidence seems to be at an all time low & his skill set's eroding. he looked confused at times coming off the field. Why he would want to just hang on by a thread as a pro is beyond me when he could just walk away is baffling. Some guys just don't know when to quit. .

Compared our offense to what the Stamps were doing last night...No creativity. Brutal. Way too conservative.The other thing was the Bombers OL. Played okay but not great. More trying to survive rather than being aggressive. Look at that rookie center Stamps have. On one play he fires out blocks a guy out of the play sheds that block & makes another 5 yards downfield for Cornish. You don't see the Bpmbers OL doing that ever. The OL plays tentatively. There's no aggression. No doubt they're worried it'll be their ass if they miss a block  or get beated & Buck goes down. The ENTIRE offense played not  to lose on Thursday night in the second half. And there was no leadership from Buck Pierce. This  guy's confidence seems to be at an all time low & his skill set's eroding. he looked confused at times coming off the field. Why he would want to just hang on by a thread as a pro is beyond me when he could just walk away is baffling. Some guys just don't know when to quit. .

I have a real hard time criticizing run blocking when the majority of the run plays are starting with the ball carrier running horizontally and the lineman are firing out of two point stances.  All they can do is get a body on a body and hopefully provide a cutback lane on those read plays, they can't get a push out of a two point stance.

Sorenson doesn't have the speed to get upfield to do that.

I worry that our new schemes mean we'll leave receivers and RBs on their own while we build fortress Buck.

Buck loves the game of football. He will continue to play as long as a team takes a chance on him. Unfortunately the hits have taken a toll on him over the years. His pocket awareness is very poor for a veteran QB who's been around as long as he has, and he tends to lock on a target and rushes his throws. I don't blame him he's taken A LOT of licks over the years and mentally I would be surprised if he didn't do these things.

Why would he want to continue making good money playing a game he loves? That really is hard to figure out...

Understand that but if he is not playing well then the team has to make a decision. Most players never leave on their own terms. Look at Matt Dunigan. Concussions robbed him of maybe 5 years of playing time. The Bombers won't release Buck because it'll be the best for him. They'll release him if (a) they believe they can't win with him or (B) find somebody better. 

That non call sure did not help us. Had we played at the level we were at the start of the third quarter we could have afforded the bad call. We have to raise our game to a degree where we can deal with bad calls and injuries.

It seems to me the Bombers changed the game plan after they had taken a good lead. It appears Burke just wanted to squeeze a win out of it.  When you go into a game with scared money you usually go home broke.

Agree or nor Mack and Burke tied their cart to Buck. This is it for Smokin Joe. **** or get off the pot. To start a Goltz experiment this early simply declares you made a mistake with going with Buck. It sends a questionable message of doubt in the locker room. They have literally made their bed. It's like Burke saying he made the right call in not taking the safety. He had admitted enough coaching errors. He had to suck it up and stick up for his decision. If he believes he was right look for more questionable decisions down the road.

As for lack of play action, Buck has never been good at selling it...  That was the exciting thing about Eliott and why his INTs were mostly forgiveable.

To me, Goltz seems more like a power/deep ball Dunigan type as opposed to a quick release P-A QB... maybe Hall has it, I sure hope so because without play action you don't succeed in the CFL.

This is sort of deja vu. Kelly was forced to bring in Bishop though Bishop was at the time sitting at home waiting for a call from anybody. Though that did not work for him he stuck with the decision because he felt that was his only option. Given that Buck had only had a few series in a long time it might have been too much to expect him to be gang busters in his first game.  All I hope is should he go down we don't bring in a second stringer and try to make him a starter. Go with Goltz.