Over/under Games Buck Starts This Season

Brandon

I can't understand why people choose to deal in this type of ridiculous speculation. To say there is an historical or statistical foundation to this has no mathematical or logical basis to it. I wonder how many people would choose to "guess" if they had to put money on the line?

I can't understand why people choose to deal in this type of ridiculous speculation. To say there is an historical or statistical foundation to this has no mathematical or logical basis to it. I wonder how many people would choose to "guess" if they had to put money on the line?

You could say the same about guessing who will win a game or the cup. In the world you live the only mathematical certainty is that you will live a very lonely sad life lol.

The only mathematical guarantee in the the world is the percentage of success using sex panther!

For fun? To spur on discussion? Why does there have to be a reason, professor?

There's another factor here.  If he suffers a relatively major injury and the season goes south while he's gone (actually if it goes north too) they might not go back to him when he's healthy again.  

Let's say he's ready to come back from his latest major injury for Game 14 and the team is 4-9 at the time they may decide to move on and haver a longer look at whoever the saviour of the day is by then.  Or I suppose to be positive they could be 9-4 with Goltz leading the way and they decide to stick with Justin.  

So the better question would be over/under how many games till he misses a start?  I say 4.     

You know what, I am less concerned with how many games Pierce plays so much as I am concerned with how well he can play these days,

Do you think he will suffer from the Kevin Glenn effect where after he takes a big hit.... it takes him 2 - 3 quarters to calm down and play normal ball?

Do you think he will suffer from the Kevin Glenn effect where after he takes a big hit.... it takes him 2 - 3 quarters to calm down and play normal ball?

No I think that a Buck Pierce that's told to be a pocket passer is not as good a qb as the Buck Pierce who would pull the ball down and run head long into a defense, often picking up huge yards. He was at his best when he was a threat to run, I am not sure he is a strong enough pure passer to make a go of it playing entirely from the pocket.

You know what, I am less concerned with how many games Pierce plays so much as I am concerned with how well he can play these days,

me too.  We'll see if he survives the first game of the year against Toronto and their uber-****** methodology of deliberately head-hunting Buck with late hits, knowing their butt-boy Murray Clark is just going to stand there watching and not throw a flag, and of course, Cohon isn't going to suspend anybody.

No I think that a Buck Pierce that's told to be a pocket passer is not as good a qb as the Buck Pierce who would pull the ball down and run head long into a defense, often picking up huge yards. He was at his best when he was a threat to run, I am not sure he is a strong enough pure passer to make a go of it playing entirely from the pocket.

well a qb who isnt a threat to run can still run and get big yardage.. ac comes to mind.. but i tend to agree, pierce.has not shown well as a pocket passer qb. hopefully its been more crappy offenses then it has been crappy qb play..

well a qb who isnt a threat to run can still run and get big yardage.. ac comes to mind.. but i tend to agree, pierce.has not shown well as a pocket passer qb. hopefully its been more crappy offenses then it has been crappy qb play..

but pierce is no AC. Calvillo was never a runner, he always made his mark passing first. Pierce though is a totally different animal and I'm skeptical that he can make that transition. 

me too.  We'll see if he survives the first game of the year against Toronto and their uber-****** methodology of deliberately head-hunting Buck with late hits, knowing their butt-boy Murray Clark is just going to stand there watching and not throw a flag, and of course, Cohon isn't going to suspend anybody.

you figure Buck will be available to play against us in week 4? interesting... :huh:

I know its only five reps but it sure doesn't seem like he's learned to read quicker or for that matter, choose the dump pass to Simpson over 'dive head first' and then jump up to pretend I'm not hurt option.

I'd say a better 'over-under' would be...  Max Hall starting - 9 games

I call 'under'.