Henoc will have NFL workouts

Mike

Well so much for the notion of being close to getting a deal done. No one should be surprised by this. He would have been nuts not to. But stop with the "really want to be here BS" and just be honest. People got shovelled that load of manure from LaBatte and sadly some people swallowed. Look out for the second and third helpings. 3 reasons players use to decide where they want to play , are and will remain, money, location and playtime.

Why would a team take a flyer on Muamba when players of his size and skill set are so plentiful down there? Then there's the whole Canadian stigma, having to learn the American game... just can't see it happening.

I somewhat disagree.  If a guy is talented, smart, and most of all athletic - they will look at him.  I'm not sure that it's so much of a stigma if he's getting workouts.

He is still very young by NFL standards and has certainly demonstrated an ability to play ST. NFL teams are always lookiNg to replace ST players that get up their in salary and near being vested in the NFL pension which is an additional cost to the team. So he is certainly going to get a look.

Why would a team take a flyer on Muamba when players of his size and skill set are so plentiful down there? Then there's the whole Canadian stigma, having to learn the American game... just can't see it happening.

I somewhat disagree.  If a guy is talented, smart, and most of all athletic - they will look at him.  I'm not sure that it's so much of a stigma if he's getting workouts.

Fair enough. Still seems like a disadvantage to me, having to learn the game, the nuances, the things most Americans would learn from HS thru to college and the pros. But hey, I've never played or coached - what do I know! :unsure:

Fair enough. Still seems like a disadvantage to me, having to learn the game, the nuances, the things most Americans would learn from HS thru to college and the pros. But hey, I've never played or coached - what do I know! :unsure:

I've also heard the opposite where coaches haven't seen as much of the Canadian guys so they keep em around longer. Kinda like how Russians get hyped up in North America in hockey.

In that notion - some of the Canucks have the "pro" experience of the CFL that appeals - and been successful. 

Hope he sticks, he'll be twice the player he is now with the experience he gains down there when he comes back. Let's just hope that if does, they brain trust aren't considering PLL as the next starting MLB.

Paul LaPolice as our starting MLB? What have you been smoking?

;)

Getting an opportunity to workout and getting a substantial contract offer are world's apart.

Any young starter in the CFL with a half decent agent can get invited to a workout, maybe even a TC invite.  The acid test is the "signing bonus".  That's what shows that they are truly interested.   The NFL is full of training camp fodder.   From their viewpoint, it is cheap to bring a guy in for a look.