Is It Just Me? Don't Care About The Grey Cup Game.

iso_55

If it wasn't for immediate family coming over to watch the Grey Cup at our house later today, I doubt I'd watch the game. We all know that barring an unforseen catastrophe that the Riders will win their 4th Grey Cup later today.

I don't know what it's like in Winnipeg but if it's anything like here in Calgary there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest or anything to get excited about regarding the game except by Rider Nation who live here. I don't like feeling this way as I've seen every Grey Cup game on tv or in person since 1965. I've always viewed the Grey Cup game proudly as a true Canadian spectacle that is uniquely ours & always enjoyed it but certainly I don't feel that way this year. I just want the game to be finished, over & done with so we can get on with naming people to run the Bombers asap.

I hate this embargo on CFL news imposed by the league although I understand why it is being done. So, I guess I'll just try to enjoy the game with my wife, son & daughter in law this afternoon all the while awaiting news from the Bombers about stewardship of the team. Please just get the game over with so we can move on as a fanbase on Monday. Whoever wins, wins. I don't care anymore. Even if it is the gawd damned Riders.

I just want to see the end to this nightmarish season we've all endured as Bomber fans & with the final gun at Grey Cup's end we can finally do just  that. The 2013 season will then be officially over. Right now, I have a total disconnect with the Grey Cup game for the first time that I can remember. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Weird how interest level goes way up when your team is in it and then goes down when it is not.

I always had interest in the GC even with bad Bomber seasons in the past but I've never been like this. This is the first year that I've truly felt the way that I do. Just the way this whole poxxed year went down. The total ugliness of our team & everything with the horrible play along with the executive as well as coaching firings. Seeing that asshat Rider fanbase win the GC will just be the icing on the cake as to why I'm at my wit's end with the CFL right now to the point of almost  being disconnected & I hate being that way. BTW Zontar, I hope the Cats win tomorrow big time.

You know, to be honest... when  the Stamps lost I wasn't too upset other than those bloody ******* Riders came into McMahon & the Stamps did one of their semi annual choke jobs in the playoffs that they have become famous for in the CFL. I was more upset the Riders won than the Stamps lost. I know some people don't believe me but the Bombers winning a Grey Cup means more to me than anything else as a sports fan. I really care about the Bombers more than I do about the Stampeders.

I love the Bombers, but I also just love the CFL game. But this year did indeed sour me on watching CFL football overall -- I just didn't watch as many games as previous years.

I am, however, putting on a Grey Cup Party at the venue I run, because I normally put on events on Sundays and with me disliking both teams it it, it felt like the opportunity to do something different.

Anyone who cares to watch the game but not pay too much attention to the details (and also likes to laugh) should come down to the Purple Room at FRAME in the Exchange for a unique, improv-themed Grey Cup Party!

1471343_217758615070206_247919477_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/364919863653997/

This is the least interest I have had in a Grey Cup since I don't even know when. Burris is my absolute least favourite player in the entire league and everything about rider fans just absolutely disgusts me. It is the very worst possible Grey Cup game and I just have a hard time caring. I haven't watched any of the coverage leading up to it. I'll throw the game on sure but that won't make me care. 

This is the least interest I have had in a Grey Cup since I don't even know when. Burris is my absolute least favourite player in the entire league and everything about rider fans just absolutely disgusts me. It is the very worst possible Grey Cup game and I just have a hard time caring. I haven't watched any of the coverage leading up to it. I'll throw the game on sure but that won't make me care. 

Exactly 17, feel the same way. I haven't watched any coverage either as this is the worst possible GC scenario for me, as well. But I still have a bit of a soft spot for Hank living in Calgary even though his hot & cold play in important games drove fans crazy here. Stamps fans don't miss him & clearly he had to move on but I hope he wins today. Other than that, I have zero interest in this game.

Funny, I feel just the opposite, friends, family all jacked up.

Well this is the only good thing to happen to the ticats in ages so yeah I'd expect that, but that don't make me hate Henry Burris any less. The fact that he's playing the riders in saskatchewan is the only thing that makes me want to see the riders lose. As much as I hate Burris I hate the ******** mob in saskatchewan even more.

My absolute favourite Grey Cup moment was sitting in the stands in Calgary seeing and feeling every single rider fan in attendance have their soul absolutely destroyed by the too many men penalty. I am hoping for a similar result here. 

I'll definitely be watching the game as I enjoy our CFL game too much to miss the final game.

It'll mark the end of a very frustrating season to be sure, but I will find some solace if all the careful planning, preening and posturing by the Roughriders org. comes crashing down.

So, once again, I will be pulling for the underdog, the Ti-Cats in this case, and hoping they can overcome.

Pulling for the team expected to lose is not easy, but it's not as if I haven't had much practice at it this past while.

Well, I dunno about you guys, but I'm a CFL fan. Back around 2003, I had a roommate who, to this day, is the most die-hard CFL fan I've ever known. He's also a Rider fan, which is a shame, but he's one of the few good ones. He knows about as much about the rest of the league as he does about the Riders, and can talk intelligently about the league, as a whole, so that's alright. That guy made me realize just how important it is to watch the GC every single year. Even if your team's not in it, it's still the Grey Cup. It's an event, like the Super Bowl.. It doesn't matter who's in it...it's a huge national event.

Sucks that the Bombers aren't in it, and yeah I hate the TiCats and Riders, but Goddamnit, it's the Grey Cup, and I'm excited to park, it in my chair and watch the whole thing.

Yup, definetly less interested than most years. Probably half to do with how awful we were this year, half to do with the Riders.

I'll watch. I'll hope Hamilton wins, and Saskatchewan cries. Either way, let's just get this thing over with and get some new faces on next years Bomber team. I need to forget the 2013 CFL season ASAP. And to think, that'll be our memory of IGF's first season....pity.