Penton: Walters Will Be GM Soon

Noeller

Optics can be an illusion. Illusions can be fantasy. Only reality is the permanence of our being. ;)

Heavy man...

I see where you're coming from…in colours.

But, to me, these are only token words, 

( or is that spelt with  an i )

That quaint saying would have been cool in a smokey, drug induced haze in the 70's. That's about it.

The really big positive out of this is how accurate we've been on this site. 

We've taken Miller's words, posted our opinions/predictions based on fan experience, and through much debate we've basically called things so far. 

I'm utterly convinced at least two reporters hang out here and get their material. Its not vice-versa. 

With that in mind, I think Khari is a done deal as HC.

Right now, they are working on Burke to say as DC as a) he's a great DC, and B) they are paying him anyway. 

Burke probably has told them that he is waiting on offers from other teams to DC (such as Chris Jones' former team) but I'll bet Miller is working on him. 

As for OC, my gut tells me they are talking to Bobby Dyce. 

Just read a FP article that says the Bombers are trying to trade for Collaros. Argos are trying to sign Collaros to trade him but Collaros won't sign as he knows he'll get flipped thinking he can get more if he is traded as a FA himself. Things are just getting going here. Oh yeah, same article says Walters our next GM.

Hasn't all that talk about exhaustive searches reached the level of absurdity yet?

Get over it already.

Some people are being dicks about it, but it really is a legitimate issue to question. Pretty much everybody on this site wanted us to do it, until we didn't. Then it's no big deal, and as you say, we should all get over it.

Hasn't all that talk about exhaustive searches reached the level of absurdity yet?

Get over it already.

The way this organization has been run and has performed as of late is beyond absurd.

I've highlighted a word you used which signifies 'that which is on the past'. As in over.

We're now moving forward with the new staff.

Get over it already.

Some people are being dicks about it, but it really is a legitimate issue to question. Pretty much everybody on this site wanted us to do it, until we didn't. Then it's no big deal, and as you say, we should all get over it.

It's hard for us to know to what extent they went looking for candidates, but you're right. I do want a thorough search. I guess I just never expected a thorough search to mean what others thought it might.

People are questioning the process that has taken place and the optics that it continues to take place as an element of continued concern. That seems legitimate .

There's a difference between questioning it (which some are) and what you are doing which is essentially just making the same snide comment a million times.

Get over it already.

It's hard for us to know to what extent they went looking for candidates, but you're right. I do want a thorough search. I guess I just never expected a thorough search to mean what others thought it might.

That's fair. I don't know to what extent they did. I wonder about it though b/c there were really no names leaked that were actually interviewed for the job. How many things have we been able to keep quiet lately?

Get over it already.

I think my issue with this is we really don't know what search went on or didn't.

We hear bits and pieces of who we may have asked permission to talk to, who we have talked to and who we didn't talk to.  But no one really knows what has gone on.   Most teams have been out of playoff picture for weeks now.  It is possible that discussions, formal or not, have gone on with other individuals.

And out of respect to people who didn't get the job, all of that should not be publicized.

On the other hand, this organization has a track record of simply hiring the people / coaches who are present and / or interim solutions.   So I can most certainly understand people's skepticism.  

I'm really on the fence on this.  It is another wait and see year to see what they will and can do.   If they strike out this time  though, I'm not sure how many more at bats they have before they start doing some serious damage to the fan base and retaining and attracting paying customers.

Get over it already.

Of course it was a legitimate issue, but no where did I say it's no big deal. My comment was directed at the mocking overuse of the word 'exhausting'

Miller says in the presser an extensive search was done and Walters came up as the hired one. 

That's where we stand.

Get over it already.

Of course it was a legitimate issue, but no where did I say it's no big deal. My comment was directed at the mocking overuse of the word 'exhausting'

Miller says in the presser an extensive search was done and Walters came up as the hired one. 

That's where we stand.

Look, let's be honest here. Unless the Board has gone under total lockdown since Wade arrived -- which it hasn't, since the reporters have been tweeting about Khari, O'Shea, etc -- we didn't hear about a SINGLE interview being conducted for GM. 

Does that mean there weren't discussions or phone calls or even actual interviews being done that were kept 100% under wraps? Sure, it's possible. 

Just highly unlikely. 

So yes, time to move on. Walters is GM, Wade is the big chair. Fair business. But as fans we have every right to be critical of the process.

Highly unlikely based on what? Baseless speculation? You have ZERO idea what goes on behind closed doors. There are many discussions held internally that fans will never, nor should they know about. This isn't about a right to be critical about the process. This is about the working of professional sports. Welcome to it.

So.....in your world.....rumours about Mack being turfed and Wade being hired and possible head coaches and positional coaches are leaked to the media....

But other GM's being interviewed? Never. People would die before they speak of it. Even anonymously or off the record.

Right. 

Look, let's be honest here. Unless the Board has gone under total lockdown since Wade arrived -- which it hasn't, since the reporters have been tweeting about Khari, O'Shea, etc -- we didn't hear about a SINGLE interview being conducted for GM. 

Does that mean there weren't discussions or phone calls or even actual interviews being done that were kept 100% under wraps? Sure, it's possible. 

Just highly unlikely. 

So yes, time to move on. Walters is GM, Wade is the big chair. Fair business. But as fans we have every right to be critical of the process.

And there has been more than a fair share of criticism, and some deserved, but I must say I've never seen such a situation for any org. in regards to expansion creating the time lines and restrictions that we've been under this year.

It does pose an extra hurdle at the very least.

But we have no idea what has gone on anyway, so what's the point of dissing what we don't know?

And I thought I read/heard somewhere that Higgins was spoken to in the past few weeks.