Kavis Reed as Bombers new Defensive Coordinator?

gbill2004

What rumors?

Forget about sources for a minute (none of our "sources" are worth a hoot anyway) and just look at it logically and use past history as your guide. 

You would have to think with Miller running the show that his friend and business partner Khari Jones would have an inside track. 

I would like to see KJ be an OC here with a QB like Collaros. But I have an uneasy feeling he will be getting his first HC gig here. 

Kavis sucked while here.. he sucked as an STC in saakabush and yet kept falling (failing?) up the ladder.. he boooooooombed hard in edmonton..

if he is here in any capacity, i will not be a happy camper.. i really dislike him as any form of coach

I'd be shocked if Dunigan was hired.

Khari as a coach would immediately shoot up red flags with his connection to Wade.

I'm thinking We have no chance at landing Dickenson.

I expect someone like Worman will be hired. Maybe Cortez also.

You really think a guy like Wade Miller would care?

His life has been defined by not giving a sheet about what anyone thinks of him. That's a big part of the reason he's been successful. 

Kavis sucked while here.. he sucked as an STC in saakabush and yet kept falling (failing?) up the ladder.. he boooooooombed hard in edmonton..

if he is here in any capacity, i will not be a happy camper.. i ry dislike him as any form of coach

Until it happens, at which point you'll be in full support. ;)

Khari as a coach would immediately shoot up red flags with his connection to Wade.

His life has been defined by not giving a sheet about what anyone thinks of him. That's a big part of the reason he's been successful. 

He should care.  Success on the field together does not necessarily translate into success in management together.  We need to kill this Winnipeg habit of hiring former Bombers.  Mack didn't work out.  Kelly didn't work out.  And LaPo didn't work out. 

Khari hasn't really even excelled as an OC.  I'd be on board for kicking his tires as an OC... but I don't get how we can take him seriously as an HC candidate at this stage of his coaching career. 

What rumors?

You mean the rumors you heard from your drunk friend who may or may not have bumped into Marcel Bellefeuille at a hotel?

Come on.

considering I told you the source in confidence that's a stunningly dickish thing for you to write. Doubt it of you want but that's pretty low. Class act mike.

He should care.  Success on the field together does not necessarily translate into success in management together.  We need to kill this Winnipeg habit of hiring former Bombers.  Mack didn't work out.  Kelly didn't work out.  And LaPo didn't work out. 

Khari hasn't really even excelled as an OC.  I'd be on board for kicking his tires as an OC... but I don't get how we can take him seriously as an HC candidate at this stage of his coaching career. 

Oh I agree completely. Its just that if Miller wants his wing-man in a certain rule, he will make sure he gets there. 

if he is here in any capacity, i will not be a happy camper.. i ry dislike him as any form of coach

Until it happens, at which point you'll be in full support. ;)

come on brah, if anything im consistent.. when i say i like or dislike someone or their abilities, i stick with it (unless shown reason to say otherwise a la worman) i dont flipflop or change my tune..

What rumors?

considering I told you the source in confidence that's a stunningly dickish thing for you to write. Doubt it of you want but that's pretty low. Class act mike.

Just to clear it up, I still don't buy the story and I'd like to point out you volunteered that information without me ever asking for it but I did miss the part of your message where you asked me not to mention it, so I've edited my posts.

I volunteered it to you because you're considered the authority around here. Because I thought you'd find it interesting. Because at least when people said my source was BS you could attest to his stature if not the validity of the rumour.

And also I'm not sure what part you consider bullshit. If it's what the source told my friends then I can't disagree as I was calling bullshit myself. But if you doubt that the conversation happened, I can assure you you're wrong. I could prove it but at this point who cares.

Managing a team or business is not about any form of dictatorship. We played that song with Mack and a CEO that knew nothing about football. We don't need another dictatorship here at what is a higher level. We need a cooperative collection of skilled, qualified people. People hired to do a job. Not hired to be told their job and be micromanaged.

Exactly why would Marcel know anything about what's going on with HC or GM?  Why would anyone tell any of the coaching staff, "hey, this is who we're hiring...so you know...get ready to pack your bags sucka's."  Especially if the HC is going to give you the boot and hire a new OC.

Exactly why would Marcel know anything about what's going on with HC or GM?  Why would anyone tell any of the coaching staff, "hey, this is who we're hiring...so you know...get ready to pack your bags sucka's."  Especially if the HC is going to give you the boot and hire a new OC.

And unless Tim Burke is a masterful liar when he says he doesn't know his status, why would MB know Burke was going to be fired before Burke knows. 

And unless Tim Burke is a masterful liar when he says he doesn't know his status, why would MB know Burke was going to be fired before Burke knows. 

Well maybe Burke is just too dumb to see the writing on the wall and MB isn't? Burke is going to be fired I don't think there's any question of that it just comes down to a question of when. 

Well maybe Burke is just too dumb to see the writing on the wall and MB isn't? Burke is going to be fired I don't think there's any question of that it just comes down to a question of when. 

He's a terrible HC but I wouldn't call him dumb.