Esks fire Kavis Reed

Goldkobra

anything  Burke says should be immediately discredited simply because of how foolish he's come across about everything during the last 2 seasons. Remember last offseason when he was talking about how good Pierce was and how much upside Goltz had? Guy has no idea how to run a team and I want no part of him helping at all for anything going forward. The absolute biggest mistake they could make would be to retain Burke for one more year. 

Well according to Wicek in this morning's Freep this could take a couple of weeks.  First they have to remove the "acting" from Miller's title.  Then go through the sham of a fake GM search (my words not his) before removing the "acting" from Walter's title.  Or just announce both of those at once.  Then fire Burke and hire a new HC.  

ridiculous, they can remove the acting from Millers titles in a heart beat, and you don't need a new GM to fire a coach because a new GM is going to want to bring in his own coach anyway and that won't be Burke. Just fire him already. 

I believe they already have a good handle of what Burke's opinions are in regards to the Bomber situation.

Certainly after the player exit interviews yesterday, they'll even have a better idea.

They'll have all the information necessary by today.

And for that matter, that's all I want to know, or trust, from Burke.

So, therefore, they should execute the execution at dawn..or really anytime today.

I definitely agree they don't have to wait 'til the acting titles are removed to act now.

The fact that Tim Burke wasn't the first head coach fired this offseason bothers me.

Bombers are trying to get their money’s worth out of him.  They want to pick his brain on his evaluation of players, in preparation for the expansion draft.  Fans might not like it, but that’s actually a smart move to keep him around for a few more weeks.  We’re paying him anyways, may as well get our money’s worth. 

I don't want Tim Burke's opinion on what colour of socks to wear today... let alone with regard to football.  He has proven himself incapable as a talent evaluator, talent developer, and head coach. 

What about that to you screams "smart?"

anything  Burke says should be immediately discredited simply because of how foolish he's come across about everything during the last 2 seasons. Remember last offseason when he was talking about how good Pierce was and how much upside Goltz had? Guy has no idea how to run a team and I want no part of him helping at all for anything going forward. The absolute biggest mistake they could make would be to retain Burke for one more year. 

I love that you rip him for this line while also ripping him for throwing guys under the bus.

I love that you rip him for this line while also ripping him for throwing guys under the bus.

One comment references a coach inexcusably avoiding responsibility for his team.  The other references his poor talent evaluation.

Can we just all agree that the Bombers just need to cut bait, and move on???

but doesn't that show just how stupid Burke is? One minute he's pumping guys tires like crazy the next he's flat out saying they suck. Burke has no clue and all he's done since Joe Mack was fired is talk about how there's not enough talent here while doing nothing to make the talent that is there better. He's been making excuses to try and save his own skin for so long I'm sick and tired of it and his loser attitude needs to GTFO as soon as possible. 

Burke was the guy running around all off season telling us how much better our QB situation was going to be this year...

Complete idiot.

but doesn't that show just how stupid Burke is? One minute he's pumping guys tires like crazy the next he's flat out saying they suck. Burke has no clue and all he's done since Joe Mack was fired is talk about how there's not enough talent here while doing nothing to make the talent that is there better. He's been making excuses to try and save his own skin for so long I'm sick and tired of it and his loser attitude needs to GTFO as soon as possible. 

Then rip him for one or the other. There's enough of a body of work to show he doesn't deserve to hold on to the HC job. When you rip him for zigging and then rip him for zagging it looks like unsubstantiated hate. Burke has lost enough battles that he doesn't need to be put into a no-win situation to suggest that he be fired.

Also, it isn't one minute he's doing one thing and the next he's doing another. You're comparing the quotes from when the Bombers were an 0-0 team tied for first in the east with a healthy Buck Pierce vs. a quote from after a 37-7 loss that cemented the worst record in franchise history. Yeah, of course his thoughts on the state of the team are gonna be different. Or should we all start judging each other for things we said in the past about the Bombers? Because there's some opinions from some people here who look down on Burke that turned out to be spectacularly wrong, myself included (IMWT, Ray is old and overrated, et al.).

Then rip him for one or the other. There's enough of a body of work to show he doesn't deserve to hold on to the HC job. When you rip him for zigging and then rip him for zagging it looks like unsubstantiated hate. Burke has lost enough battles that he doesn't need to be put into a no-win situation to suggest that he be fired.

Also, it isn't one minute he's doing one thing and the next he's doing another. You're comparing the quotes from when the Bombers were an 0-0 team tied for first in the east with a healthy Buck Pierce vs. a quote from after a 37-7 loss that cemented the worst record in franchise history. Yeah, of course his thoughts on the state of the team are gonna be different. Or should we all start judging each other for things we said in the past about the Bombers? Because there's some opinions from some people here who look down on Burke that turned out to be spectacularly wrong, myself included (IMWT, Ray is old and overrated, et al.).

But I'm not contradicting anything here, only pointing out how clueless and two faced Burke is. It's all one and the same problem. He talks about guys being good and when they make mistakes rather than helping them get better he just completely tosses them under the bus. Or are you having trouble understanding the point here? The entire point is that Burke is clueless about what he's got here and then once it becomes clear that he was wrong he turns around and looks for someone to blame other than himself. 

He said QB'ing would be better?  He was right.  Max Hall has been the best Bombers' QB since Buck in 2011.

Joey Elliott still played better than Hall did. 

Higher peaks, lower valleys but even as a major Elliott guy I'd say Hall is more consistent.

well do we put a factor in there for Crowton or not? Cause Hall didn't do **** all until well after Crowton was gone. The problem for both of them was a propensity to turn the ball over, to me Elliott was better at his best and that makes a big difference cause Hall had some pretty damned low lows himself. 

Hyproracy personified. People on here have wanted to run Burke and most of the coaching staff out of here for weeks. No you want these same people to evaluate your players? Perhaps that is more appropriate for GM and HC to do.

I don't think most people "want" this.  We are just saying that this is what is currently happening, apparently.  In answer to all the people who are asking why Burke is still at this moment at IGF in the coach's office, as opposed to doing something more in line with his talents, like learning how to run the hot dog machine.

He said QB'ing would be better?  He was right.  Max Hall has been the best Bombers' QB since Buck in 2011.

Higher peaks, lower valleys but even as a major Elliott guy I'd say Hall is more consistent.

well do we put a factor in there for Crowton or not? Cause Hall didn't do **** all until well after Crowton was gone. The problem for both of them was a propensity to turn the ball over, to me Elliott was better at his best and that makes a big difference cause Hall had some pretty damned low lows himself. 

I can just see Dave and Cory on the couch in 2055, mixing in their rye with their Boost and Ensure energy drinks, going on about how "that Elliot guy would have won us a cup in 2013".  :D

yeah that 52-0 loss to the Riders was a great example of that too... :rolleyes:

Give it up already...

Only when everyone else starts looking at things objectively. Was Halls 37-7 loss to Hamilton that much worse than that Labour day game? The #1 issue with this team since Lapo was fired is that guys haven't gotten the help they need. Bellefool helped with some guys on offense, Hall was one, but even he ain't that great of a coach. We get some better coaching for this team and a lot of guys will look a hell of a lot better. Elliott had the highest highs of any qb lately but the coaches refused to work on making him better they just tossed him aside cause of some problems. They did the same to Goltz after being so quick to throw him into the fire. Fix the coaching and you fix a lot of the problems with this team.