Esks fire Kavis Reed

Goldkobra

Well according to Wicek in this morning's Freep this could take a couple of weeks.  First they have to remove the "acting" from Miller's title.  Then go through the sham of a fake GM search (my words not his) before removing the "acting" from Walter's title.  Or just announce both of those at once.  Then fire Burke and hire a new HC.  

Meanwhile, time is ticking away. I fail to understand how Miller can fire Mack yet wait until a new GM is hired to decide upon whether Burke stays or go. If Walters stays, he'll fire Burke. If someone else is hired, he'll fire Burke, so either way Burke is gone. The fanbase want the man gone. They won't buy tickets with him as head coach next year so just do it already.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/eskimos-give-coach-kavis-reed-contract-extension-1.1318715

This extension gives us stability going forward," Eskimos general manager Ed Hervey said in a release. "Leadership is critical to a young football team for success and I know our players work extremely hard for and are committed to coach Reed."

Looks like we know who is taking over "Coach's Playbook" from Lapo on TSN when Lapo takes a job with Ottawa next year. There are going to be consequences....

were you chewing on your face while you said that? :D

No surprise that Kavis as let go.  No surprise that Edmonton did it before we get rid of Burke.  They always seem to be one step ahead of us.

Burke is the best guy to do the exit interviews, the player analysis and to create a baseline for the new HC.  Getting Burke's input on who we protect and who we should go after in Free Agency is a good idea too.  We don't have to go with his choices, but the more good football opinions the better IMHO.

You totally contradicted yourself with those two sentences.  First you say that Edmonton is one step ahead of us by firing Reed, then you say it's good that we are keeping Burke around for a few weeks.  ?????

I see your reading comprehension hasn't gotten any better.  I'm not contradicting myself.

First sentence talks about Edmonton always being one step ahead of us. 

Second sentence doesn't say anything about a few weeks.  Exit interviews, probably happened on the weekend and the rest can be completed this week.  

Just for the record... I think Burke should be gone the minute he is no longer any use to us, and not a second before.

He said QB'ing would be better?  He was right.  Max Hall has been the best Bombers' QB since Buck in 2011.

Joey Elliott still played better than Hall did. 

yeah that 52-0 loss to the Riders was a great example of that too... :rolleyes:

Give it up already...

Elliott's gone. So why keep bringing him up? It's over.

No surprise that Kavis as let go.  No surprise that Edmonton did it before we get rid of Burke.  They always seem to be one step ahead of us.

Burke is the best guy to do the exit interviews, the player analysis and to create a baseline for the new HC.  Getting Burke's input on who we protect and who we should go after in Free Agency is a good idea too.  We don't have to go with his choices, but the more good football opinions the better IMHO.

You totally contradicted yourself with those two sentences.  First you say that Edmonton is one step ahead of us by firing Reed, then you say it's good that we are keeping Burke around for a few weeks.  ?????

I see your reading comprehension hasn't gotten any better.  I'm not contradicting myself.

LOL.  Well then you should have been clearer in your statement.  The poor writer always blames the audience/reader for why they are misunderstood.

He said QB'ing would be better?  He was right.  Max Hall has been the best Bombers' QB since Buck in 2011.

Give it up already...

I've explained this before, until he's been adequately replaced it's worth bringing up. 

Give it up already...

I've explained this before, until he's been adequately replaced it's worth bringing up. 

He has been.  Hall is better.