Site Update Poll

Rich

Morning Big Blue Site Updates  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What color scheme would you like?

• Keep the existing color scheme
    • Update the site from black and dark blue to Bomber Blue and Gold
  2. 2. What should we do for the logo on the site?

• Keep the text as it is
    • Run a contest to get a new logo created
  3. 3. What changes / features would you like added to the site?

• Modify the twitter feed so it is viewable on all pages, including the posts
    • Change the Profile Ranks (name and / or number of posts required)

I do want to let the site settle a bit and let the bugs as well as features that people like or dislike come out.  We also want to find that balance to remain reactive to what people would like and refine the site as we go forward.

I am going to put up a poll with some of the new suggestions people have come up with.  Some of these seem to be split among people (for example there are people who like the color scheme and those who would like it changed to blue and gold), so I thought I would set this up to gauge what the overall reaction is of the member base.

Some changes are also easier to do then others, so I'll try to be reactive to what people want, but can't always make promises.  Also things like adding a new logo and changing the color scheme of the site need photoshop changes to do it, which I totally suck at,  So we will probably be recruiting some help if these are highly desired.

I tried to pull this list from the existing topics, if there is any other feature you'd like up for a "vote", post it here.

You should be able to choose more then one option and change your picks after you submit them (in case we add another option that you would also look).  Let me know if you can't.

I like the current colours just because it's easier to read & write postings on a white background.  But I'd still like to see a little blue and gold somewhere on the page.  Maybe keep the blue and white and replace the grey with gold?

I like the current colour scheme as is, but wouldn't be opposed to changing it to blue and gold.

Logo contest for sure.

As for the twitter feed, is there a way to put it up on all the pages except the posts ?

Just regarding the change to blue and gold ...

It wouldn't be any different than what you see now except the blue bars would be more "Bomber blue" and the grey bars would be gold. The white text boxe, etc would still remain the same.

It wouldn't be any different than what you see now except the blue bars would be more "Bomber blue" and the grey bars would be gold. The white text boxe, etc would still remain the same.

Yes, that would be perfect!

awesome!

and re: twitter feed...

what i would like to see is, it should be in the pane on the right side of the page. so that even if you browsing the forums post you'll still gonna see the updates.

I don't mind the current colour scheme, but I think that Blue/Gold scheme would be more fitting. The current Blue/Grey just seems a bit boring to me, but it's honestly not anything that really matters to me. A nice logo to use as a masthead or whatever, would be kinda cool. I'm sure we have a few graphic designers around here that could come up with something.

• 5 weeks later...

Please fix it so the forum / members / blogs bar doesn't expand when u zoom in on an android tablet. When typing I have only one line of text that is viewable in landscape. Its brutal. Nexus 7, 4.2.2 default browser

I will take a look, but have you tried the mobile version of the site?   I'm not sure how it would look on the Nexus display (if the display is too big for the mobile version to look good).  If the site doesn't pick up the mobile theme automatically for the Nexus, you can try changing it with the Change Theme link at the bottom of the web page and choosing IP.Board.Mobile.

• 2 weeks later...