Alex Hall Traded

Rich

Great trade? No. Good trade? Yes. Hall was as good as gone. Period. We got a young starting Canadian linemen with upside and a three hear contract for a 2nd round pick.

It's a good trade. And everyone who disagrees would be hanging Walters when hall left for nothing.

I hope muamba goes too. When's the deadline? Wednesday?

Apparently I'm in the minority but I think Walters did pretty darn good for this one.  Hall was a goner - and the rest of the league knew it.  Giving up the second rounder sucks, but they clearly think this linemen is at least decent.  

Walters got value (Neufeld) for very little (essentially a second round pick).

I am in favour of the trade overall.

Not in favor of the pick differential especially in that the pick we received is 2015, and we give up in 2014.

Overall though, I am in favour of trading anyone/everyone that has the ability to walk at the end of this season.  We need to improve our Canadian content, and if it means giving up decent American talent... then I am for it.

Apparently I'm in the minority but I think Walters did pretty darn good for this one.  Hall was a goner - and the rest of the league knew it.  Giving up the second rounder sucks, but they clearly think this linemen is at least decent.  

when you're trading rental players you are doing it with an eye to rebuilding, if you're rebuilding you don't give up the better draft picks. Hall for this guy fine but having to add the 2nd round pick, which will be a high 2nd round pick is just unacceptable. Neufeld needs to turn into a damned good player for this trade to be worth it but right now one of the best DEs in the league and a 2nd round pick for a backup offensive lineman and a 4th round pick is not a good trade. You have all the leverage here you should not be the one giving up the better draft pick. 

At first glance this does not look like a good trade at all.

The Riders were probably going to lose Nuefeld in the dispersal draft anyways.

Hes under contract next season, so they would've possibly lost him to Ottawa. But, as others have mentioned not to us.

And that logic sucks anyways, now that Neufeld is gone, the Riders are going to lose ANOTHER Canadian to Ottawa(assuming Neufeld was going to be picked).

The Riders were probably going to lose Nuefeld in the dispersal draft anyways.

But not to us.

And we were going to lose Hall, so it's all good.

And since when did any team's fan base not downgrade a player they just traded?

It's the second round pick, (10th overall.), that baffles me a little. 

If it was Hall for Nuefeld strait up, that would have been fair.  But a 2nd round pick as well?  I think we overpaid.

That's my thought. Why the draft picks? Just who was the more desperate team? Us??? I doubt that as the GC game is in Sask in a few weeks & expectations were they'd win  it.  So they had to get to that game or the season for them would be a failure . Lots of pressure from their fanbase to succeed so I'm sure panic was setting in with Taman & Jim Hopson.  So then, if Sask wanted Hall because they think they can win a Grey Cup then why are we giving up the higher pick? We already gave them the better player. Looks good right now because we got rid of an asset we were going to lose but come the CFL draft it won't.

when you're trading rental players you are doing it with an eye to rebuilding, if you're rebuilding you don't give up the better draft picks. Hall for this guy fine but having to add the 2nd round pick, which will be a high 2nd round pick is just unacceptable. Neufeld needs to turn into a damned good player for this trade to be worth it but right now one of the best DEs in the league and a 2nd round pick for a backup offensive lineman and a 4th round pick is not a good trade. You have all the leverage here you should not be the one giving up the better draft pick. 

Highly unlikely the Bombers had much leverage.  Whole league knew Hall is going to the NFL.

Highly unlikely the Bombers had much leverage.  Whole league knew Hall is going to the NFL.

they had ALL the leverage because they didn't need to trade him and whoever is trying to get him obviously sees him as a missing piece to a championship. In that case you have all the leverage you aren't the one who has to upgrade the other teams draft pick. This is a rookie getting taken to school by a veteran GM. Walters should have played hard ball. Losing guys in FA isn't the worst, there's going to be lots of player movement this offseason anyway keep your 10th overall draft pick and find a backup NI offensive lineman somewhere else. Or if Sask really wants Hall they can give you this guy without the draft picks involved. 

And like I said in the post above the Rider fanbase EXPECT the Riders to win the Grey Cup so if you think they had more leverage than us, I'd strongly dispute that.

This is why I don't like the "interim" GM making deals. I know the "interim" President okayed the deal but until they are named into permanent positions they should be caretakers of the team & nothing more. Not making deals. if this deal ultimately is a bad one for the team & they're not around then who is accountable??

Nothing is stopping the Bombers from trading again to recoup their pick, people are nitpicking the deal for no good reason at this point.

but that still doesn't make this trade any better. You could make another trade to get another pick without having to lose this trade.