Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bombers @ Not-So-LOLks: The GDT

Elks are not so LOLks as they once were... But I still believe they're overrated. They go as Justin Rankin goes. I do believe they're beatable.

Having said that, I don't think the Bombers are necessarily a very good team. We've sadly shown that too many times so far this season.

But, as always, I live on a hope and a prayer... For two points our way, no matter how it looks. Just find a way to win.

  • Replies 827
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • daniels with the down field speed of a fully loaded cement mixer

  • bustamente
    bustamente

    I can live with the PI on Kelly but the RTP on ZC has to be called or overturned by the CC

  • JohnnyAbonny
    JohnnyAbonny

    It’s like when MOS had Andrew, Biggie, etc running the room he just went totally hands off and never went back to actually coaching. He did some dumb **** with the roster his whole time here, but at l

Featured Replies

Nate ranted but he ranted pretty eloquently. Like pretty smart guy I’d think. I don’t know if that’s him or not, I think this guy is a bit younger than people think. I’ll be honest, I’m pretty sure I worked with the dude and he was not a fan of let’s say western Indians. Hence Nasty Nate, dude was the racist but an eloquent one. I’d read a nasty Nate post tho. Always interesting. Definitely disliked Lyle Bauer.

Edited by Goalie

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

I quite enjoyed his postings and his tangents...Almost need more Nate's

He was given lots of latitude, and if he was able to show any restraint, he would have been okay. A combination of posting so much that his posts dominated the board, which was turning off too many other posters. Its a message board, not a personal blog. And the nicknames / insults got to be too much and too demeaning.

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

He was given lots of latitude, and if he was able to show any restraint, he would have been okay. A combination of posting so much that his posts dominated the board, which was turning off too many other posters. Its a message board, not a personal blog. And the nicknames / insults got to be too much and too demeaning.

yeah agreed...he did start to become a habitual line stepper for sure

Nasty could be a 'nasty ' piece of work alright...I think he drifted on to every CFL board that he could post on...I'll give him some kudos for being a straight shooter but it bordered on discrimination at times...He operated a book store on Osborne at one time....might be still...don't know...Any way he did luv' the CFL and one of his quotes still make me smile...He was talking about Bomber management of the time when someone asked him about a certain manager....The question was what is this guys actual title...Nasty replied ..'he's the vice president of standing around'...still have to smile about that one

3 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah agreed...he did start to become a habitual line stepper for sure

Do not let him onto your couch. LOL

I wonder if he still has the bookstore.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Nasty could be a 'nasty ' piece of work alright...I think he drifted on to every CFL board that he could post on...I'll give him some kudos for being a straight shooter but it bordered on discrimination at times...He operated a book store on Osborne at one time....might be still...don't know...Any way he did luv' the CFL and one of his quotes still make me smile...He was talking about Bomber management of the time when someone asked him about a certain manager....The question was what is this guys actual title...Nasty replied ..'he's the vice president of standing around'...still have to smile about that one

Nate posted on every forum to do with the CFL (And others) at least occasionally.

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Do not let him onto your couch. LOL

I wonder if he still has the bookstore.

Nate posted on every forum to do with the CFL (And others) at least occasionally.

Might grind mud into it lol

Didn't Nate end up banned from pretty much every CFL message board?

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Wait what? A free press article? About Nasty Nate?

The petty name calling of Bauer, especially bad nicknames. What a fool he was.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The petty name calling of Bauer, especially bad nicknames. What a fool he was.

And Bauer challenging him to show up at the stadium. His calls to Doug Brown's show were legendary.

Nate didn’t own a book store. Man that dude fooled some of you good. Nate is like a 350 pound computer nerd. He had the gift of gab and a voice made for radio. But wore sweatpants and a very large t shirt most days. I’d say he was obese.

Edited by Goalie

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nate didn’t own a book store. Man that dude fooled some of you good. Nate is like a 350 pound computer nerd. He had the gift of gab and a voice made for radio. But wore sweatpants and a very large t shirt most days. I’d say he was obese.

Sounds like you knew Nate personally. I do know he worked on air at CJOB for a few years but was fired back in the 80's. Probably a news reader.

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sounds like you knew Nate personally. I do know he worked on air at CJOB for a few years but was fired back in the 80's. Probably a news reader.

If it’s the guy I’m thinking. Could be Mortimer Snerd tho off another site, I’m just not convinced Nate was morris. I want to say his name was Barry or Gary or similar. I’m not sure tho. The dude I worked with was closer to my age, maybe 5 to 10 years older. He’d be 50 ish now probably. Around there.

Edited by Goalie

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If it’s the guy I’m thinking. Could be Mortimer Snerd tho off another site, I’m just not convinced Nate was morris. I want to say his name was Barry or Gary or similar. I’m not sure tho. The dude I worked with was closer to my age, maybe 5 to 10 years older. He’d be 50 ish now probably. Around there.

Nate has to be around my age which would be 70.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nate has to be around my age which would be 70.

Yup. Nate's identity was never really a secret if you've been around long enough. If people spend enough time & reveal enough information about themselves, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

51 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yup. Nate's identity was never really a secret if you've been around long enough. If people spend enough time & reveal enough information about themselves, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

The fact that no one has figured out that I'm actually Sam Katz is hilarious to me

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

no-way-yes-way.gif

NOBODY is Groot?

I am Iron Man.

giphy.gif

"Oh, ****!!! You pressed the wrong....!!!"

IF you read a lot of Nate's posts, some of the terms he used became his calling card....One of them was 'vermin'...a word he liked to use to describe some people he really didn't care for...Nasty fit the description of 'a legend in his own mind'...and was certainly 'controversial'

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.