Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week 8 Games

We start the week at a jammed packed Mosaic, Elks strike first and GG is so happy his favourite defender is back in the Riders lineup

  • Replies 114
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Bomber_fanaddict
    Bomber_fanaddict

    Sort of peeved they honoured Dalke. Glad they honoured Bhishma. If Dalke survived he would be in jail. I get he was still a teammate and all but his actions lead to this. Difficult situation for the R

  • bigg jay
    bigg jay

    And this is the Wilson that I cannot stand. I appreciate the insight he brings to the booth during a game but **** that guy.

  • wpgallday1960
    wpgallday1960

    Off to Riderfans. Should be some calm rational conversation.

Featured Replies

59 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No way. Fajardo is nowhere near as consistent as Alexander or Harris. Edmonton has trouble scoring points even with the offensive production they have.

Through the first 1/3 of the season they were tied with us and Ottawa last for red zone efficiency.

Edmonton has the best overall pass defense in the league, otherwise they'd have lost 3-4 games already.

They've been doing a high wire act to win games and they've run out of games vs BC and Ottawa. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish up at 9-10 wins even though they are 6-1 now.

MOP is not a team award though. Alexander has been better imo, but the stats show only marginally better. Don't attack the messenger!!

40 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

It's clear to me that Fajardo isn't the same QB he was with saskatchewan. He has put the work in to close up some of the holes in his game. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I would welcome him in blue and gold.

he has had good coaching around him since he left...and a better environment of team players and not show boating assbags like were there when he was

Plus...like any player...if you have the skills and athletic ability...and you get the chance to actually play...well, you k=just never know what you have...

He still comes across tho as a shmuck and a whiner and has that face you just wanna kick...some things you just cant change

So Alexander (6543), Kelly (6378) and Harris (6045) are all on pace for 6000 passing yards, while Fajardo is slightly behind pace (5891). Then you have Maier and Adams who are also on pace for over 5000 yards.

Any theories on why we are seeing such as explosive passing year so far?

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Any theories on why we are seeing such as explosive passing year so far?

My theory is teams are using a lot more American OL and it's helping since the trend going back a few years is DLs kicking the **** out of offensive lines.

14 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Sort of peeved they honoured Dalke. Glad they honoured Bhishma. If Dalke survived he would be in jail. I get he was still a teammate and all but his actions lead to this. Difficult situation for the Riders for sure. Also what a crazy finish. Another game decided in the last seconds. This has been one of the most entertaining seasons I can recall.

I also have a difficult time feeling sorry for Dalke- for his family, friends, teammates and the victim and his loved ones, yes. Dalke made a choice to get high- probably never planned any of this but he doubtless had been doing this for a while. An object lesson which will be preaching to the choir but little impact elsewhere.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's really hard to believe the disrespect Cody Fajardo gets around here. Just like Trevor Harris did until he won a Grey Cup.

Farjardo is an example of a talented athlete who is a whiny dink.

15 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

What's crazy, is given all the deep shots, all the possessions etc, that mark is still 200+ yards short of Dunigan's record.

Whoever attended that game in person is blessed. Damn shame there's minimal highlights of it. That record will never be broken.

That was my first game ever. I was a teenager and hooked as a fan for life!

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

MOP is not a team award though. Alexander has been better imo, but the stats show only marginally better. Don't attack the messenger!!

The entire point of my post is why this doesn't help Fajardo's case for MOP.

Alexander is the fulcrum of the best offense in the league (which is nominally the offense he inherited from Fajardo, who has never thrown for 20 TD's in a season).

Fajardo is 3rd worst redzone QB, 3rd worst in turnovers behind only Kelly and Maier for QB's who have started this season. His running back is leading the league in big plays (30+ from scrimmage) by a long shot.

Fajardo is a firmly mid pack CFL starting QB. He's having a good season, not an outstanding one. Just had a career game, granted.

If you took a poll of CFL players and coaches, I'd bet exactly 0 would pick Fajardo as the guy they want at QB in a winner take all game.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So Alexander (6543), Kelly (6378) and Harris (6045) are all on pace for 6000 passing yards, while Fajardo is slightly behind pace (5891). Then you have Maier and Adams who are also on pace for over 5000 yards.

Any theories on why we are seeing such as explosive passing year so far?

Nobody plays man, nobody in the secondary can tackle.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I also have a difficult time feeling sorry for Dalke- for his family, friends, teammates and the victim and his loved ones, yes. Dalke made a choice to get high- probably never planned any of this but he doubtless had been doing this for a while. An object lesson which will be preaching to the choir but little impact elsewhere.

Farjardo is an example of a talented athlete who is a whiny dink.

Whiny in what way? What qb doesn't whine to the refs?? They want a PI called on the defense or think they've been hit late. He's no more whiny than anyone else.

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Narratives shift slowly on MBB, especially when someone plays (or has played), for the Riders.

No kidding. So he was a freaking Rider? Who cares. We beat them in the 2019 Western Final that year. That's 7 years ago. What's the alternative?? Fold the Riders because a few here are butthurt he & other players dared to play there? Like grow the **** up.

8 hours ago, bigg jay said:

For me it's his personality, not so much his play. Playing for the Riders didn't help but I still found him unlikeable in Montreal and Edmonton.

What about Alexander? I don't recall Fajardo ever mocking the opposition like he does. He needs to be rocked into next month when he's jumping signalling the crowd after he throws a TD pass.

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

And do we need to retcon ourselves and pretend he was always this good? He deserved every criticism he got for the vast majority of his career.

For a guy who is the all time percentage passer in CFL history just what criticism is that? What I see here isn't his personality or his sctions on & off the field. he's hated because he played for the Riders. Okay, I get that but the Western Final was 7 years ago.

3 hours ago, HC85 said:

That was my first game ever. I was a teenager and hooked as a fan for life!

I would give my left nut for a retro Dunigan jersey. Watching some of his stuff on YouTube, and the stuff I remember from being a kid, the guy was nearly a God lol

9 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I would give my left nut for a retro Dunigan jersey. Watching some of his stuff on YouTube, and the stuff I remember from being a kid, the guy was nearly a God lol

He was the player above anyone who got me into the Bombers as a kid.

I met him in the stadium parking lot at a fan day in 1996 when he was here as a Ticat. Super nice dude, stopped to sign stuff for a bunch of people as he was leaving. I remember he took the time to ask everyone’s name as he was giving autographs. Seemed genuinely happy to be around fans.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I would give my left nut for a retro Dunigan jersey. Watching some of his stuff on YouTube, and the stuff I remember from being a kid, the guy was nearly a God lol

It's my unicorn. They're virtually impossible to find from the era he actually played. I have a Walby, Battle, Jones from the 88-90ish era... And also a 16, but it's not the one Dunigan wore. I think it's Paul Bennett if I remember right. But man.. those 92-94 jerseys are awesome and virtually impossible to find.... The Dunigan ones in particular.

I'm not getting the reference - Bob Irving is "Mr. Poppycock"? What is Luke Willson smoking?

40 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm not getting the reference - Bob Irving is "Mr. Poppycock"? What is Luke Willson smoking?

The "trust me bro" proof isn't really the best argument for drastic changes to a sport that's over 130 years old. If you're going to attack a CFL legend you'd think you'd have something substantial to actually say.

The reality is there is no proof that the changes in 2027 will increase scoring because it hasn't been trialed at all.

NFL wouldn't do something like this. With changes they made to kickoffs it took years of trials in spring leagues and NFL pre-season to gather data to make a decision.

55 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The "trust me bro" proof isn't really the best argument for drastic changes to a sport that's over 130 years old. If you're going to attack a CFL legend you'd think you'd have something substantial to actually say.

The reality is there is no proof that the changes in 2027 will increase scoring because it hasn't been trialed at all.

NFL wouldn't do something like this. With changes they made to kickoffs it took years of trials in spring leagues and NFL pre-season to gather data to make a decision.

Bob's comments were pretty innocent but Wilson loves to attack him any chance he can. Could you see Tom Brady texting what Wilson said to Mike Terico?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's my unicorn. They're virtually impossible to find from the era he actually played. I have a Walby, Battle, Jones from the 88-90ish era... And also a 16, but it's not the one Dunigan wore. I think it's Paul Bennett if I remember right. But man.. those 92-94 jerseys are awesome and virtually impossible to find.... The Dunigan ones in particular.

I’d kill for a 1992 one with that Canada 125 patch.

I think they were still made by Harv-Al then, but they weren’t mass produced or sold anywhere afaik.

Wrong thread, sorry

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

9 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’d kill for a 1992 one with that Canada 125 patch.

I think they were still made by Harv-Al then, but they weren’t mass produced or sold anywhere afaik.

Yeah that's the thing...you need to have bought one back then and so few people did. So unbelievably rare.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's my unicorn. They're virtually impossible to find from the era he actually played. I have a Walby, Battle, Jones from the 88-90ish era... And also a 16, but it's not the one Dunigan wore. I think it's Paul Bennett if I remember right. But man.. those 92-94 jerseys are awesome and virtually impossible to find.... The Dunigan ones in particular.

Bennett wore #27. If what you say is correct then #16 was Terry Cochrane from 1988-90.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So Alexander (6543), Kelly (6378) and Harris (6045) are all on pace for 6000 passing yards, while Fajardo is slightly behind pace (5891). Then you have Maier and Adams who are also on pace for over 5000 yards.

Any theories on why we are seeing such as explosive passing year so far?

I've seen people speculate it might be an artifact of the 35 second clock. With it running at the stop of the previous down and not being whistled in by the ref it offers less time for the defense to substitute and get set.

2 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

I've seen people speculate it might be an artifact of the 35 second clock. With it running at the stop of the previous down and not being whistled in by the ref it offers less time for the defense to substitute and get set.

The refs still hold play though to spot the ball, for subs and whistle in the ready for play.

You see it when offenses actually start trying to run some tempo how slow it still is to get to that ready for play.

I don't think the 35 second clock has changed much other than hurrying up the 4th quarter when a team has a lead and they bleed the clock

29 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

I've seen people speculate it might be an artifact of the 35 second clock. With it running at the stop of the previous down and not being whistled in by the ref it offers less time for the defense to substitute and get set.

We seem to have no issues shuttling 3 or 4 guys in every snap..tho thats also the reason why ours sucks lol

  • Author

Toronto in BC tonight, with no Rourke this could be a stinker if Brice throws up picks. Apparently the owner of the Lions is kicking the tires to purchase BC Place

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Toronto in BC tonight, with no Rourke this could be a stinker if Brice throws up picks. Apparently the owner of the Lions is kicking the tires to purchase BC Place

Is Doman a billionaire?

  • Author
3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is Doman a billionaire?

Maybe, his businesses make lots of money. Ready made stadium on prime real estate just recently renovated is not going to be cheap

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.