GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

from my early take on what just seen...We will be better at QB2....Dline....Linebacker....Oline will be strong as ever....Receivers the same....running attack better....I think our defensive philosophy will be a much more aggressive attackig one than what Hall liked....I feel good from what I saw even from a pared down vanilla package....we put the right guys on the fielD on defense we are gonna have so many options and looks...it could be scary

Wilson as QB 3 may be a nice guy to develop here....Love his body type for QB up here...coverage team scares me again...but maybe with more of the regulars in their role, and addition of guys like Moses...Gemmel..Pertrishen we may surprise

Just now, Goalie said:

Our O was ranked number 1 In most categories was it not? Not sure our O was the problem most games. Special teams were a huge problem. 

Once Grant went down...special teams in all facets sucked...badly

Just now, GCn20 said:

They should be really concerned that their 1st string O and 1st string D laid giant eggs against our all rookie lineups. This may have been a win for the Riders but they should not be feeling good about it. Their first stringers were not good.

as a rider fan...and management....that couldnt have been a very encouraging showing to be honest...I'd be concerned

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

Terrible football was played.

Was pre-season...

Did you listen to the color guy from Sask, now that was pre-season mode at its finest.. I don't believe he is a rookie, but very green.

Not to sound like a Riders fan at all, but I actually didn't mind what I saw today. There was a lot of positive... Take away Barriere INTs... It's a tight game. Some easy decisions for coaches. We're gonna be just fine come June 6th and I already can't wait for May 31....

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Once Grant went down...special teams in all facets sucked...badly

as a rider fan...and management....that couldnt have been a very encouraging showing to be honest...I'd be concerned

For sure. Their 1st stringers managed a FG against backups, and their 1st string D couldn't handle Strev and the 2nd and 3rd stringers

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Not to sound like a Riders fan at all, but I actually didn't mind what I saw today. There was a lot of positive... Take away Barriere INTs... It's a tight game. Some easy decisions for coaches. We're gonna be just fine come June 6th and I already can't wait for May 31....

I agree. We had almost zero vet presence today and still competed well

Just now, GCn20 said:

For sure. Their 1st stringers managed a FG against backups, and their 1st string D couldn't handle Strev and the 2nd and 3rd stringers

Imagine Strev....a few games in....totally back in the saddle and in the flow?....Good luck managing him when he has all the weapons out there with him that you can't cheat on by not paying attention to

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

As long as our key guys who have been absent in camp get healthy, no worries from me.

Some exciting rookies and sophomores to root for. 

Just now, Booch said:

Imagine Strev....a few games in....totally back in the saddle and in the flow?....Good luck managing him when he has all the weapons out there with him that you can't cheat on by not paying attention to

I thought his throwing was good too. 

Just now, Booch said:

Strev will be a great change of pace qb. I just hope that Buck doesn't "Lapolice" him.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

As long as our key guys who have been absent in camp get healthy, no worries from me.

Some exciting rookies and sophomores to root for. 

If we add Kyrie..BA...Holm..Nichols to the key guys we saw today...we will be just fine 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I thought his throwing was good too. 

he always could throw....Lapo nueterd and actually stunted his progression....People think cause he has a bit of a weird delivery he cant throw...but actually his mechanics will probably mitigate and shoulder/elbow issues...

Edited by Booch

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Strev will be a great change of pace qb. I just hope that Buck doesn't "Lapolice" him.

imagine where he would be at if he didnt have to endure that second season here, and just ran the playbook, and used his legs when requied....maybe a small personalized package.....Lapo almost ruined him

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

imagine where he would be at if he didnt have to endure that second season here, and just ran the playbook, and used his legs when requied....maybe a small personalized package.....Lapo almost ruined him

Saw a couple calls that especially by pre season standards gave me great hope for his usage here. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

If we add Kyrie..BA...Holm..Nichols to the key guys we saw today...we will be just fine 

he always could throw....Lapo nueterd and actually stunted his progression....People think cause he has a bit of a weird delivery he cant throw...but actually his mechanics will probably mitigate and shoulder/elbow issues...

qft. People blamed strevy in his second year for limitations instead of the trash play calls. 

FWIW, and it wasn't worth much, Barriere likely played himself out of town. That would be two highly-touted players who showed nothing. We are gonna be alright but some. of the bloom is off the rose for several would-be Bombers.

Edited by Tracker

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

He'll be QB2 here. So, if Wilson QB3 will he do short yardage or will Wilson? A 207 lb qb should be able to move the pile.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

From my relative experience around the game, and those who know it at a high level, I can clearly see that @Booch @JuranBoldenRules @wbbfan @SpeedFlex27 @GCn20 have more detailed and nuanced football knowledge to offer than most. 

Ehhhhhhhhhhh......... I mean you're partly there. 

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

FWIW, and it wasn't worth much, Barrierre likely played himself out of town. That would be two highly-touted players who showed nothing. We are gonna be alright but some. of the boom is off the rose for several would-be Bombers.

Barriere's college coach is now the qb coach for the Stamps. He gave us Mike Reilly, VA & Bo Levi Mitchell so he could end up there.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He'll be QB2 here. So, if Wilson QB3 will he do short yardage or will Wilson? A 207 lb qb should be able to move the pile.

I dont see how Strev isnt the QB1B option and the short yardage guy ...this yr anyway....considering what he has done...what he can also do, and that the defense can't just assume it's a power dive

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Saw a couple calls that especially by pre season standards gave me great hope for his usage here. 

qft. People blamed strevy in his second year for limitations instead of the trash play calls. 

yeah...some small nuances already make you see that when he comes in...it wont be the lapo package....that in itself will also keep him healthier as Lapo had him absorb way too much punishment...even for a bull like him....was so dumb

Just now, Booch said:

I dont see how Strev isnt the QB1B option and the short yardage guy ...this yr anyway....considering what he has done...what he can also do, and that the defense can't just assume it's a power dive

yeah...some small nuances already make you see that when he comes in...it wont be the lapo package....that in itself will also keep him healthier as Lapo had him absorb way too much punishment...even for a bull like him....was so dumb

Strev was a warrior. He played with a broken bone in his foot. Warrior. Had he kept playing for Lapo he'd be retired & in a wheelchair by now.

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The guy doing the play by play is alright but the analyst??? Ugh.... Every play is brought to you by something....

Even at the beginning when the fake Johnny Augustine got hurt, the injury was brought to you by something 😂 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

people dont realize that Strev throw a lot like Phillip Rivers did/does....and he had a pretty succesful and long career....and never had a dead or injured arm....

I never saw the first half because the stream wouldn't work for me for nearly half an hour. Spending nearly four years in the NFL, it;ll be interesting if Streveler embraced the new way qbs throw the ball now. Straight back, different arm slots & strong hip rotation. His throwing style in 2018 & 19 was actually closer to how young qbs throw now & is taking over college & pro ball. .

1 minute ago, Rex_Banner said:

Even at the beginning when the fake Johnny Augustine got hurt, the injury was brought to you by something 😂 

Workers Compensation Board of Saskatchewan.