GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Wilson is making his reads but is just off in his timing throwing the ball that'll be corrected. Looks a little better than Barriere

Yeah...timing not there but is way more poised 

Encouraged by first half...add a Kyrie..Nichols..Holm...BA to what we did with WJ..Lawson..FOx.. Garbutt...Haba..Cole..Moses..Ford...as our main 12/base defence...I'm not worried one bit to be honest ...the other corner up for grabs but even Thomas would not hurt us...

Offense really was never a concern to me...pieces are there..just a matter of how we use them...

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Imagine being a receiver trying to make the team and we don't take a single deep shot.

Brutal. 

Just now, Booch said:

Encouraged by first half...add a Kyrie..Nichols..Holm...BA to what we did with WJ..Lawson..FOx.. Garbutt...Haba..Cole..Moses..Ford...as our main 12/base defence...I'm not worried one bit to be honest ...the other corner up for grabs but even Thomas would not hurt us...

Offense really was never a concern to me...pieces are there..just a matter of how we use them...

yep. Idk about cover teams yet but roster will be much better for game 2. 
The front 6 is gonna be deadly. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Imagine being a receiver trying to make the team and we don't take a single deep shot.

Yeah this is what I don’t get at all. The offensive play calls can’t be doing much for eval

Let's look at it this way. I've watched the Bombers when young qbs like Barriere were projected to be our starter. And the OL was full of rookies like we're seeing. I expect we'll see a much different team next week. No need to worry. The Rider radio crew think they've won the Grey Cup.

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Shoot ,just got in from work....what I miss? No way I'm reading 5000 posts lol.......

Basically the Bombers are terrible and look like they've given up. Hitting the panic button HARD. 

LOL.

Nah everything is fine but the new QBs are undercooked. Need much more time. It's a Collaros Strev Show this year. 

18 hours ago, BBlink said:

I'm fully expecting us to lose, and lose badly. We're talking the Riders starters vs our tryout team. If we make it close it will be very embarassing for them.

I'm mainly interested in:

D-Line play - need a couple guys here to stand ouy

O-line play (if some of our projected starters are playing) - have to be able to protect the QB and we are down two starters from last year. 

Linebackers - Not much to say from Camp. Biggie isn't going to last forever. We need to start thinking transition plan.

Kick returners - will feel a lot better if we can find someone who can consistently catch the ball and get up the field

Quarterbacks - Who is going to step up if Collaros goes down? There's been some reports that Strev has not looked good in practice. We need him to be #2 not a short yardage/package QB in case there's an injury to Collaros.

D-Line play - Fox and Garbutt showing more than enough. Check

O-line play - when more of the starters were in they more than held their own. Check.

Linebackers - Moses jumping off the page. Check

Kick Returners - Chris Smith looks more than adequate. Cody Kase looked good too. Check

Quarterbacks - Strevy can run an offense. Would love for him to have made some more intermediate throws. Mostly check

Just now, wbbfan said:

Brutal. 

yep. Idk about cover teams yet but roster will be much better for game 2. 
The front 6 is gonna be deadly. 

If we put the right guys out there..I can see our front 7 being really strong...with better than adequate coverage with backups/depth...as long as said depth/backups aren't recipients of the reward system from previous yrs and block all that talent

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Shoot ,just got in from work....what I miss? No way I'm reading 5000 posts lol.......

Strevy good. Barry-eh real bad. Terry also bad but better.

front 6 was really good. Especially fox/lawson, rivers and garbutt, Moses plus gemmel petrishen and Ayer’s. schmekel too

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Let's look at it this way. I've watched the Bombers when young qbs like Barriere were projected to be our starter. And the OL was full of rookies like we're seeing. I expect we'll see a much different team next week. No need to worry. The Rider radio crew think they've won the Grey Cup.

It's hard to beat a team where every player in camp had been exceptional..as per rider radio...we stood no chance lol