SNF RedBlacks at Elks

bustamente

On 2023-08-28 at 2:23 PM, Pepper_Brooks said:

I hadn't heard that. According to CFL.ca (hardly a reputable source for up to date CFL information, I know) QBs are still their own designation outside of National or American.

Teams should get a tangible benefit for rostering Canadian QBs in my opinion.

A QB is counted as a Canadian if they start. Otherwise they are counted at QB. 

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They don't get to dress another American elsewhere though.  Player is still a QB for the roster, but counts toward the 7 Canadian starters.  Likely need another Canadian starter anyway unless you have a Canadian backup QB.

You get to start an other American elsewhere though.

If the Cdn QB goes down & the backup QB is American, then you can change out any US starter for a Cdn player. Note that it's not a 1 to 1 change. You could change out receiver 1 on play one and a different player on play 2 etc.. You just have to keep the new ratio straight going forward. 

Just now, TBURGESS said:

You get to start an other American elsewhere though.

If the Cdn QB goes down & the backup QB is American, then you can change out any US starter for a Cdn player. Note that it's not a 1 to 1 change. You could change out receiver 1 on play one and a different player on play 2 etc.. You just have to keep the new ratio straight going forward. 

basically what it boils down to is whatever the number of declared Canadian starters are on each side of the ball needs to be maintained...So if you had a Canadian QB as a starter, and say 5 others on offence, and you put in American back-up, then one of your other american starters on offence needs to come out for a Canadian...can be any body just as long as it is somebody, can also be different guys as well, and not just the same guy.

Now if you have utilized the Nationalized American rule...which is dumb not to, then it's a moot point for 29 snaps as well