Game 81 : @ Where The Wild Things Are

9 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Wish we would of picked him up, they got him for a 4th rounder, i don't understand Chevy he has played the game,intimidation is still part of Pro hockey.  Wish we had a couple of nasty,dirty players on our team....

who would we sit to give that bum a spot on the bench?  I hear you though.

Winnipeg Jets coach Rick Bowness challenges Wild's Dean Evason to a fight following staged Ryan Reaves fight (msn.com)

I think it was the 80's the last time I saw coaches get into a fisticuffs - but that was the last time Bowness was a Jets coach so lets go all in on the nostalgia.  

Those refs from last night should be suspended. 

I have no interest in broad street bully seventies era crap, can't skate hockey with low skill players taking out exciting high skill players like Ehlers.

ItS crap like that that made me lose interest in hockey. jamie macoun cross check on ducky.

surprised and glad that the Jets responded, but should not come to that.

Edited by Mark F

22 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

They’ll give him one game and it won’t mean ****.  It was a dirty cheap shot and everyone knows it, but there’s no way he’ll get anything more.

Yup, the Ref should be up for a hearing too...Interference? And how do you miss that brutal from behind hit from Reaves? Player safety huh?

Edited by bb1

I want to see if Reaves gets a fine for the boarding that went unpenalized, or gets fined or suspended for the late staged fight. If my reading of the rule is correct (or unless they have changed it) it required an instigator penalty to enforce the rule that any fight started in the last 5 minutes of the game where an instigator gets called nets an automatic league review that could lead to a one game suspension for the player and the coach. It was clear as day what happened out there, refs blew another call. 

5 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

He also gets an automatic 1 game suspension because they called a major.   It was atrocious reffing last night.   They let the game get out of hand.

I am not sure that there is an automatic suspension. He gets an automatic game misconduct (which applies to last night’s game). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I want to see if Reaves gets a fine for the boarding that went unpenalized, or gets fined or suspended for the late stages fight. If my reading of the rule is correct (or unless they have changed it) it required an instigator penalty to enforce the rule that any fight started in the last 5 minutes of the game where an instigator gets called nets an automatic league review that could lead to a one game suspension for the player and the coach. It was clear as day what happened out there, refs blew another call. 

I am not sure that there is an automatic suspension. He gets an automatic game misconduct (which applies to last night’s game). 

My bad.   I'm not sure where I thought I read that.

Reaves will get jack ****.   Dean Evanson should be fined for icing his goon squad with 30 secs left the game.

It was also great to see Brendan Dillon absolutely beat the crap out of Ryan Hartman.   The only reason he stopped is because Hartman fell on the ice.   That's retribution for Ehlers.    Minnesota is the one team in the West that I despise.  They remind me of the Riders and their classless fan base, with no clue of how the game is supposed to be played.    Maybe I'm being too harsh, but last nights game only fueled my disdain.

Anyways we clinched, and now it's time to remind the league that the Whiteout is alive and well.

They really are the Roughriders of the NHL.

1. "State of Hockey" (similar to "Canada's Team") - self-proclaimed titles
2. plenty of clueless, uninformed, arrogant, hypocritical fans
3. haven't won much of anything despite their hubris
4. rules for thee but not for me (last night was a prime example)

**** 'em.

31 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm just happy to see Reaves eat a fist sammich a la Lowry after Evason put him out there late in the game for no good reason. It was priceless when he crumpled to the ice afterward.

He's a plug. The apple sure fell far from that tree.

I was thinking the exact same thing unless Willard hoodwinked us all.

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yup, the Ref should be up for a hearing too...Interference? And how do you miss that brutal from behind hit from Reaves? Player safety huh?

I'm constantly fascinated by how things can get missed with yea know 17 refs on the ice.

52 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

He also gets an automatic 1 game suspension because they called a major.   It was atrocious reffing last night.   They let the game get out of hand.

eh better the last regular season game than playoffs, suspensions during playoffs suck