LOLks @ Back 2 Back Champs: Week Of Thread

Noeller

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How was that game in calgary last year not just glorified preseason? Collaros got less than  a half, dru brown played most of it,  the big calgary comeback happened when the defense was basically all the backups... 

I agree that I don't like the idea of resting guys and all that, play to win every game, but obviously our coaches don't see it the same way.

Don't forget the Bombers clinched first with that 45-0 blowout of BC... and still played all their regulars the next week against Mtl.... it was the following week - in Mtl - where we played a bunch of back ups and had a real stinker...

And yes, it did work out in the end... but the WF was way closer than it should've been with the Bombers constantly shooting themselves in the foot... and the first 3 quarters of the GC were ugly too 

51 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't forget the Bombers clinched first with that 45-0 blowout of BC... and still played all their regulars the next week against Mtl.... it was the following week - in Mtl - where we played a bunch of back ups and had a real stinker...

And yes, it did work out in the end... but the WF was way closer than it should've been with the Bombers constantly shooting themselves in the foot... and the first 3 quarters of the GC were ugly too 

Let's be fair too,yes we shot ourselves in the foot for 2 tds but the weather helped Sask make this game as close as it was. Our roster was leaps and bounds ahead of Sask,warmer weather and we would've killed em.

Edited by Nolby

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The "don't rest guys... Pedal to the metal..." is awesome until Collaros gets smoked in the soft melon and the season is over. 

*knocks on wooden forehead*

And I don’t think it always has to be either/or in some cases. I.e dress but don’t play full time.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And I don’t think it always has to be either/or in some cases. I.e dress but don’t play full time.

This.  Players are creatures of habit.  Everything that goes into preparing for an opponent… the meetings, the film room, practice, the walkthrough, pre-game meal, the warm-up to the full suit-up… keep the mind and the winning habits sharp.  

The schedule this year and games of consequence going to the end of the season are good for this club.

If you can, decide on limiting time during games to protect players.