Champs @ Tiger Can'ts Grey Cup edition PGT

Geebrr

• Geebrr changed the title to Champs @ Tiger Can'ts Grey Cup edition PGT

I can just hear the average fan in Ham. say....'bloody hell....not them again'.....We own a pretty good Cup record aginst them in Cup games....You can bet they would've preferred the guys from Saskabush.....The recent chant from them 'eat em raw' has replaced sayings from a bygone era.....that being, from the Cats head coach of that day....'were going to waffle them' ....Grant didn't care for that too much....so we proceeded to take a few Cups from them in those days....I hope we continue that 

Edited by Stickem

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I can just hear the average fan in Ham. say....'bloody hell....not them again'.....We own a pretty good Cup record aginst them in Cup games....You can bet they would've preferred the guys from Saskabush.....The recent chant from them 'eat em raw' has replaced sayings from a bygone era.....that being, from the Cats head coach of that day....'were going to waffle them' ....Grant didn't care for that too much....so we proceeded to take a few Cups from them in those days....I hope we continue that 

Between 1957 and 1962 Winnipeg went to the Cup five times in six years.  And they won the Cup 4 out of those 5 times.  And who did they beat all 4 times?  Hamilton.

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Between 1957 and 1962 Winnipeg went to the Cup five times in six years.  And they won the Cup 4 out of those 5 times.  And who did they beat all 4 times?  Hamilton.

Been thinking about this a lot lately. Osh is new Bud Grant? Collaros is new Ploen? Winning in bunches sounds pretty darn good to me...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Been thinking about this a lot lately. Osh is new Bud Grant? Collaros is new Ploen? Winning in bunches sounds pretty darn good to me...

I wasn't around during the Bud Grant era so my point of reference would be more like Cal Murphy and Tom Clements, but I'm sure the older fans here who lived through both eras would let you know which one would be closer in nature.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not that this is applicable to this conversation but have you read Bug Grant’ autobiography “I did it my way”? One of the best sports biographies I’ve read. 

So we have an incredible history wirh the Cants, going back to the 1930s, when the Winnipeg 'Pegs were the finest ever Western team to win the GC. We've met the Cants 7 times since 1958, and are 6-1 in those 7 games. Jesus! 58/59, 61/62, (all wins), a loss in 65, then wins in 84 and 19. Incredible statistic (courtesy of Our Man Tait in his GC Preview piece...) 

Edited by Noeller