Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk

Geebrr

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:
3 hours ago, Noeller said:

getting WAY off track in this thread, but......what's helped me a ton with that time of year has been ice fishing. The wife and I are super into it and it gets me through those brutal months from Christmas until spring. I'm extremely thankful for it. If I lived at home again (knocks on wood) I'd be going every freaking day from December to April....

Yeah, makes sense to have a hobby or sport to make the time go faster. That's something I need to do.

Snowmobiling. I have never seen an unhappy person on a snowmobile. Winter is my very favorite time of the year. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

getting WAY off track in this thread, but......what's helped me a ton with that time of year has been ice fishing. The wife and I are super into it and it gets me through those brutal months from Christmas until spring. I'm extremely thankful for it. If I lived at home again (knocks on wood) I'd be going every freaking day from December to April....

I tried ice fishing once.  Ruined my oven and flooded my kitchen cooking it.

Just now, Firekid said:

Snowmobiling. I have never seen an unhappy person on a snowmobile. Winter is my very favorite time of the year. 

I want one SUPER bad, but my current location doesn't really justify it. My greatest dream of all dreams is being able to move back to Pinawa.....first thing I'd have is a boat, and a snowmobile would be second. Sleds are just the best.....braaaaaaap.

2 minutes ago, Firekid said:

I always wanted a snowmobile but my body would fall apart at my age. I've toyed with the idea of a Sea Doo though. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I want one SUPER bad, but my current location doesn't really justify it. My greatest dream of all dreams is being able to move back to Pinawa.....first thing I'd have is a boat, and a snowmobile would be second. Sleds are just the best.....braaaaaaap.

The only real place to snowmobile is in the mountains here in Alberta but the avalanche threat deters me. Every winter snowmobilers die in sudden avalanches set off by the noise from the machines. 

17 minutes ago, Firekid said:

28 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I am more pissed that they are taking food off the Bombers plate with potential ticket sales.

I know a lot goes into scheduling but it irritates me.

It does suck, I agree, but for me if I was living in Manitoba still it would an easy choice for me, Bombers all the way.  Not even close.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

Sounds like a waste of PVR space :D

I only say that because they've lost 3 in a row... that last one was exciting though.

It looks like Scheifele is going to sat out due to a positive COVID test. We're probably gonna see if this iteration has grit or if they will sleepwalk through another game. The last game was not exciting- it was infuriating and frustrating to watch them blow a two goal lead with six minutes to go. Hellebuyck has not been sharp.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

It looks like Scheifele is going to sat out due to a positive COVID test. We're probably gonna see if this iteration has grit or if they will sleepwalk through another game. The last game was not exciting- it was infuriating and frustrating to watch them blow a two goal lead with six minutes to go. Hellebuyck has not been sharp.

It was definitely exciting until those final couple of minutes. Then...yes. Infuriating. 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Interesting... Looks like Neufeld will play. Probably just needed the week to rehab. Hopefully doesn't get turnstiled as badly this week. 

Only chance he doesn't get crushed is if we help him. And given that buck didn't do any thing to help him last week I'm not holding my breath. Saving that for collaros health. 

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I always wanted a snowmobile but my body would fall apart at my age. I've toyed with the idea of a Sea Doo though. 

The only real place to snowmobile is in the mountains here in Alberta but the avalanche threat deters me. Every winter snowmobilers die in sudden avalanches set off by the noise from the machines. 

Nah....snowmobiles have awesome suspension nowadays and groomed trails really save your back. I had an 08 Seadoo and it was a backbreaker...but I am upgrading this year and buying my buddy's FishPro. I drove it last year and it has built in suspension on the seat. Night and day. I have a pontoon on my home lake but it's nice to have an easy load, trailer. tow unit for when I want to go to other lakes. Not sure about travelling in avalanche country though....that would likely make me nervous too.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

edit

Edited by GCn20

27 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Nah....snowmobiles have awesome suspension nowadays and groomed trails really save your back. I had an 08 Seadoo and it was a backbreaker...but I am upgrading this year and buying my buddy's FishPro. I drove it last year and it has built in suspension on the seat. Night and day. I have a pontoon on my home lake but it's nice to have an easy load, trailer. tow unit for when I want to go to other lakes. Not sure about travelling in avalanche country though....that would likely make me nervous too.

100 percent thr seadoo is much harder on the back. As long as your knees and legs are good. I quit riding bikes quads sleds etc for a few years due to back issues. I found the sled was easier on the back than quads and jetskis. I do a lot of ditch banging too.