GDT - Esks @ Bombers - September 20th, 7:00pm

TrueBlue

Word of the day on Friday Night Football - befuddle.

As in, which entity is going to be affected, the Edm. O or the Bomber D?

Edmonton, who had a good game plan that worked for at least 2 quarters will probably have another twist or two.

But I'm pretty confident that our D plan will be ready this time.

With proper execution a must, and no penalties, I think the crowd noise can make a difference for us.

I'm not concerned with the changes we made on D because it will be a revolving mixture of players that Edm won't always be able to recognize.

And I like Jovon at safety. If this works well, how do we make the switch back?

Notice I didn't use the word befuddle for our O...that, I think, is self-explanatory.

In fairness to Hall he did get drilled hard....  but in retrospect Reilly was hit much harder and more frequently and he was still able to throw bullets till the end.    

Hall is glass and not the answer... keep him until the end of this season but bring in someone else next season please.

The only  good thing about this  game is that Hall is not all that bad.

Put  Goltz on the first Bus  going south.

Jones is a keeper at Left Tackle.  Knapp on the other side maybe not.

Give Knapp a break... 4 days with the team... wasn't in game shape.... the guy did more then enough.  

We didnt' lose because of KNapp that's for sure.

Is Casey Creehan an Ass Clown in disguise? My ****** Gawd what was the defense doing out there???? So many busted coverages.... at the worst possinle times.  Absolutely dreadfu!!! Mike Renaud's punting was abysmal & after Hall was injured in goes Goltz The Doltz & the resulte were to be expected. The other thing I noticed was how hard the Eskimo receivers fought for the football or just plain went up into the air & got it last night. Our receivers don't do that. As a group they don't fight for the football. We are passive even on a good day catching the football. The Eskie receivers outworked our secondary last night. They made Mike Reilly look a lot better than he really was.

I'm going to disagree...  our D kicked ass for most of the game - and with Labbe playing... that says a lot.  Bo Smith and Cauchy undid us - so I have to say jury is still out on Walters/MB's Hammie connections, although Peach was a killer.

Yet again (how many years has it been now?), our offence just sucked the life out of our D.

And don't kid yourself, Burke is calling the D now... not Creehan.

How can you say the D kicked ass when they allowed 400 plus yards in the air..... the d was good in the first half and sucked badly in the 2nd

The D played well until the 4th quarter...  watch the game again - we hold the Eskimos to field goals after the offence basically gives away field position for the entire game... then Bo Smith and Cauch lose us the game.  Then Burke blames it on Washington - anyone would have tried for that ball...

The only  good thing about this  game is that Hall is not all that bad.

Put  Goltz on the first Bus  going south.

Jones is a keeper at Left Tackle.  Knapp on the other side maybe not.

Give Knapp a break... 4 days with the team... wasn't in game shape.... the guy did more then enough.  

We didnt' lose because of KNapp that's for sure.

Could be. We'll see how he does going forward...

Marcel will be head coach.

I was dealing with a pipe issue while watching the game but my observations were:

- Max Hall can play. He became less efficient as the game wore on but he's a good accurate QB who didn't seem to have trouble throwing the long ball.

- Johnson should be the permanent Safety

- this kind of loss can destroy the psyche of a team and make an already restless fan base thirsty for blood. That being said this game is being judges very emotionally and decisions need to be made with sober thought.

Burke can't be fired during the season. If for no other reason than he seems to be the only thing keeping the d playing at least half a good game.