GDT - Esks @ Bombers - September 20th, 7:00pm

TrueBlue

The secondary had blown coverages all night. How anyone can say the defense played well, I dunno. How can players who have been here all season long not know their assignments in a game where every play counts??? That is horrible coaching & execution. Or choke. I counted three or four occasions where receivers were wide open & Reilly hit them. We got pressure on Reilly & he STILL completed them. It seemed everytime we needed to hold the Esks on second or third & long we couldn't stop them especially the second half. I can put up with maybe a single mistake or a fluke catch because it happens but last night our secondary was disgraceful.

The secondary had blown coverages all night. How anyone can say the defense played well, I dunno. How can players who have been here all season long not know their assignments in a game where every play counts??? That is horrible coaching & execution. Or choke. I counted three or four occasions where receivers were wide open & Reilly hit them. We got pressure on Reilly & he STILL completed them. It seemed everytime we needed to hold the Esks on second or third & long we couldn't stop them especially the second half. I can put up with maybe a single mistake or a fluke catch because it happens but last night our secondary was disgraceful.

The defense played well at times, the biggest issue for me is how the offense completely disappeared after the first quarter. Yeah Hall started out real good but he got worse and worse as the game wore on. People need to stop pretending he was good the whole way through, now I'm not blaming him entirely for it, there were plenty of other problems going on there, but it's the same for all the qbs but one guy gets all the blame heaped on him while Hall seems to be getting a free pass and I don't like that. 

The secondary had blown coverages all night. How anyone can say the defense played well, I dunno.

Exactly.

The defense was bad, no two ways about it. At least 3 interceptions dropped and countless other balls we should of at least knocked away, the db didn'tt even look back so despite being right next to his guy, he still couldn't make the play.

I have no issues with the defence at all. They made plays all night long and were forcing FGs. and stopping runs.

Receivers were forced to make great catches.

How is that on the secondary?

Reilly threw the ball with authority into areas where only the receiver could get it. Great QB, great throws.

I didn't like the one corner blitz we ran and the number of drops by the D was deflating.

We lost the game on at least two dropped ints. and that deflection at the end of the game was a big time fluky kick in the gonads and just a exclamation point on the kind of year we're having.

I hope we can safety say, that JJ is our man at safety....please.

The only  good thing about this  game is that Hall is not all that bad.

Put  Goltz on the first Bus  going south.

Jones is a keeper at Left Tackle.  Knapp on the other side maybe not.

Give Knapp a break... 4 days with the team... wasn't in game shape.... the guy did more then enough.  

We didnt' lose because of KNapp that's for sure.

Could be. We'll see how he does going forward...

I'm with you on this. Yeah, he had a couple of bad beats. But he was an improvement over Boatman and I'd like to see more of him.

So some has declared Marcel the next HC when the GM has not been established? How does that work? My first question in interviewing Marcel is? Who is your staff? That is paramount in identifying what and who he brings to the table.

hiring him would be no different than hiring Lapo. We can do better. 

So some has declared Marcel the next HC when the GM has not been established? How does that work? My first question in interviewing Marcel is? Who is your staff? That is paramount in identifying what and who he brings to the table.

What's with the hate-on for Bellefuille? Who else is out there?  And don't say Greg Marshall.

What's with the hate-on for Bellefuille? Who else is out there?  And don't say Greg Marshall.

There are a lot of people out there. Dave Dickenson, Tom Higgins, any number of assistants throughout the league. Bellefool had a shot at head coach and he peaked at painfully average, we can do better. Not being Gary Crowton isn't any kind of endorsement of his abilities as a coach. 

That loss can only be described as a total team effort, everyone took their turn scharting themselves when the chips were down. The boos from the crowd were well earned and should be a signal to management that more changes are needed.

So was 28,000 in attendance. That attendance count was flattering because there was nowhere near 28,000 at the game. I'd say 26,000 actual. Fans made a statement by staying away last night.The team stinks all around. Management, coaching & players. And the sentiment with the people I was with was there's no way the Bombers pay back the money they owe on the stadium. They're going to eventually default on the $90 million.

That loss can only be described as a total team effort, everyone took their turn scharting themselves when the chips were down. The boos from the crowd were well earned and should be a signal to management that more changes are needed.

So was 28,000 in attendance. That attendance count was flattering because there was nowhere near 28,000 at the game. I'd say 26,000 actual. Fans made a statement by staying away last night.The team stinks all around. Management, coaching & players. And the sentiment with the people I was with was there's no way the Bombers pay back the money they owe on the stadium. They're going to eventually default on the $90 million.

All part of the master plan........private ownership to the rescue for pennies on the dollar.......wish I could get a piece of that pie.

Remember this:

First IKEA, then an Apple Store, now a new Bomber Stadium! The sky is definitely falling! The rumored U of M Bomber Stadium announced last September has become truth!

At 10:30am today, three levels of government, the University of Manitoba, and David Asper are expected to make made a joint statement regarding the development of a new 122-million dollar stadium at the University’s Fort Garry campus.

A new 30,000 seat stadium will be constructed adjacent to the current University stadium.

The province will contribute $15-million to the stadium and $5-million to a world-class fitness center at the complex for a total of $20-million dollars. The federal government will contribute $15-million.

The key part in the deal is that the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (who are currently publicly owned) will be sold to David Asper. Don’t worry folks, an agreement has been signed guaranteeing that the Bombers will stay in Winnipeg and can not be sold to anyone who will move the club.

After game thoughts on a Sat. night:

I'd seriously like to know how Brody McKnight is doing. As in move two players out and move one in.

New guy Jones...a breath of fresh air. And Knapp looks like someone we can work with.

We lead the league in a brand new category...almost interceptions.

KR/RB Bradley Randle. Please be ready to play.

Anybody cast adrift this week? If you get my meaning.

I originally had two impressions of Akeem Foster's first game...but I dropped them both.

The overall performance of our receivers was generally good.

Greg Peach..2 sacks.

I don't know where the spirit came from but the effort in this game by the Bombers was phenomenal.

This was an exciting football game.

Too bad for us for the result.