Black Lives Matter

Rich

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just following orders is what all the nazis said to try and get out of their actions too.

It is to be hoped that the "just following orders" defenceworks as well for the rogue cops as it did at Nuremburg.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I attended the rally tonight.  Huge crowd.  Very up beat. Very peaceful.  I didn’t do the March but all was well at the Leg when I left.  As I noted my sister is a part of the organizing group. 

I watched the live stream, clearly most people did not follow the social distancing. I'm curious to see if the numbers go up. 

I assume everyone who went needs to quarantine for 14 days?

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There are a lot of good cops out there, the majority,, in fact, but damned few are willing to speak out.

I agree. There is.  I won’t signal boost posts that say all cops are bastards or whatever.   But there are bad cops. And good cops who let bad cops get away with it. And some good cops who do try.  But the “brotherhood” is all about not ratting and you get screwed if you do.  The unions are all about protecting bad cops.  If I was a good cop I’d be outraged that my union protects bad cops.  They should be equal partners in wanting to weed out the bad.  That’s why it will take justice reform and not just a “ok we promise to be better”.  

On 2020-06-04 at 9:59 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Notice one cop immediately behind bending down to assist the injured man and another cop grabs him and pulls him away.  

Notice also they immediately grab at least one person and arrest him so they can say this was a skirmish or incident. 

And here is an article from The Buffalo News about a group of cops who took a knee with some protesters the day before: https://buffalonews.com/2020/06/03/watch-now-five-buffalo-police-officers-kneel-with-protesters/

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJibmNvcmUiLCJrZXkiOiJ3cC1j

I've seen some tweets that indicate the cop at the front of this picture is the same one who grabbed the cop who was trying to check on the elderly man. 

15 hours ago, johnzo said:

"Simply executing orders." 

That is some baller PR right there.

I was thinking of a different word than baller.

We will hear similar arguments from GOP senators when it comes their actions. 

Something like, this is what the people voted for, we were simply carrying out their mandates. I believe in democracy.