Around The NHL 2019/2020

Just now, BomberBall said:

Dylan DeMelo said he could definitely see himself as a part of future with the #NHLJets but hasn't thought of his future yet. Looking forward to playing out the season, seeing how the fit goes and then going from there.

Oh, good. I was worried he was going to say that he would never sign here and looks forward to getting out of town as soon the season ends after the first round of the playoffs. 

Who asked him that question??

Just now, Goalie said:

900k cap hit here yes? buff situation still tying their hands a bit. But ****.  Demelo is a steal.. These other D are going for way more. 

Jets could prob get a 3rd and 5th for Kulikov. Lol

That's pretty good. I would do that. Kulikov, a 3rd, a 5th for a bag of pucks. Done deal. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

900k cap hit here yes? buff situation still tying their hands a bit. But ****.  Demelo is a steal.. These other D are going for way more. 

Jets could prob get a 3rd and 5th for Kulikov. Lol

You mean trade someone a 3rd and 5th so they take Kulikov's salary... yes I agree.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I'd really like to see DeMelo and Niku paired...  drop Kuli-Poolman to third pairing

I think it will be josh & pionk. And kuli & DeMelo.  But they’ll let kuli walk. 

if they can get any asset for Kuli now, do it. But don’t trade picks along with kuli to make someone take him.  Jets don’t need the cap space and Kuli is UFA. 

More analysis 

He followed up to say the low zone exits might be a systems thing as Ottawa in general has slow d zone exits. 

Id strongly suspect the jets made this move with the idea of resigning him. It’s probably more likely than not. Certainly helps to rebuild the d after the last two seasons.  

https://www.bardown.com/this-is-the-first-time-in-franchise-history-that-detroit-has-swept-the-montreal-in-a-season-series-1.1445047

Yes we're driving the tank into a first overall pick but hey we beat those Canadiens all year long.

Well played boys, well played.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

16 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think it will be josh & pionk. And kuli & DeMelo.  But they’ll let kuli walk. 

if they can get any asset for Kuli now, do it. But don’t trade picks along with kuli to make someone take him.  Jets don’t need the cap space and Kuli is UFA. 

Zat vus uh joke

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

so what do they mean by exhausting all trade options?

one of the people running FotWJ said they're offering him to the other 30 teams

Why do I have a feeling that he's probably going to end up in vegas?

Big contract for someone who will be 35 in a month and who has not played since April 2019. Surprised no takers especially with rumours he'll be bought out and become UFA in the summer.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg