Depth Charts

Floyd

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I hope you laughed in his face.

I stood there in shock for what felt like an eternity and eventually my exact words were "You guys are going to be lucky to win a single game!"  Him: "We have the best defense in the lague!" Me: "We took your best defensive player! How???" 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I stood there in shock for what felt like an eternity and eventually my exact words were "You guys are going to be lucky to win a single game!"  Him: "We have the best defense in the lague!" Me: "We took your best defensive player! How???" 

and their second best left for NFL and their other key piece..Anitghua jumped ship...not to mention the guy who orchestrated that defense (jones) plus Fady Hughes is another year older and gonna fade again for 3rd straight year and be a non factor down stretch..again and 31 yr old Micha Johnson gonna have to do all the heavy lifting solo this year and won't put up numbers like last year...but they do have hURL

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Cool?

Not me. It is an exhibition game against a team leaving basically its whole team at home.

Umm no...

Esks offensive are all starters except Harris and Ellingson really...

Not many teams sit their #1 OL in pre-season - OL is a different beast than the other positions...  

Hope it works but I feel like Streveler et al are going to be scrambling a lot tonight

I'm also really ready to see Neufeld and Hardrick participate in training camp... ahem

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I never at any point thought he injured but all of a sudden the Bombers beat guys are like "#BreakingNews Stanley Bryant is not injured! Just being rested!" Ummmm.....well yeah.....

You never know. Those walk through could get quite strenuous. 🤕

But really, bunch of new O-Line guys signed. Take a look see..👀

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Umm no...

Esks offensive are all starters except Harris and Ellingson really...

Not many teams sit their #1 OL in pre-season - OL is a different beast than the other positions...  

Hope it works but I feel like Streveler et al are going to be scrambling a lot tonight

I'm also really ready to see Neufeld and Hardrick participate in training camp... ahem

Yeah..

Agree to disagree

Keep explaining your opinion on this though 

21 hours ago, Floyd said:

Bit of revisionist history I think...  Ekakitie 'beat out' Thomas in the off-season - they gave the $$ pegged for Thomas to Faith... then when he was not in shape leading up to camp the Bombers brought Thomas back

It was Thomas v. Ekakitie not Marouf...

???...Ekakitie entered last season on the 2nd year of a 3 year contract with the Bombers. They did not give him any dollars pegged for Thomas. They purposely let Fatboi ride off into the sunset last year and only brought him back when Marouf suffered a career ending injury and Ekakitie showed up in terrible shape for TC. Had neither of those things happened, Fatboi would be out of football.

He responded very well after being signed during TC last year, but let's not pretend that providence didn't play a huge role in him being brought back or that last year he wasn't deemed expendable..

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

AND the NFL took their other top defensive player in Euguvon right? 

But they added Micah Johnson! but they lost Chris Jones the guy who may be an ******* but he is good at running a defense. 

No that team is going to have a hard go of things this year. The house of cards they built last year wasn't going to stand regardless, let alone with the massive massive losses they suffered. 

6 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

???...Ekakitie entered last season on the 2nd year of a 3 year contract with the Bombers. They did not give him any dollars pegged for Thomas. They purposely let Fatboi ride off into the sunset last year and only brought him back when Marouf suffered a career ending injury and Ekakitie showed up in terrible shape for TC. Had neither of those things happened, Fatboi would be out of football.

He responded very well after being signed during TC last year, but let's not pretend that providence didn't play a huge role in him being brought back or that last year he was deemed expendable..

My point is that Marouf was league minimum and Thomas was not...  they chose to give the starting dollars to Ekakitie and save by letting Thomas walk in the off-season

I'm not arguing that we were moving on from Thomas - but no one actually stole is job...  there was just more pressure to let our #1 pick succeed

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I swear to God, these Rider priders are implanted at birth with some sort of chip that makes them oblivious to reality when it comes to that team. Its truly the only explanation for their reality blindness.

A lot of it is the fact that the Riders control the message from the local media. It is taboo in the big trapezoid to utter anything but praise of the Riders. The sheep grow up hearing nothing but positive vibes and believe it. Rod Pederson, the most homerific announcer of all time, said one bad thing about Riders management and he was shown the door. Now Derek Taylor appears to have lost his mind as well....not a coincidence...it's in their contracts.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah used to like Taylor, but now seems like a diffeent guy altogether..I know as an announcer and voice of a team you show negligence to them and try to spin things in a positive way..but man...

Pederson admitted recently in his blog that he was contractually obligated by the club to never publicly criticize anything. Derek Taylor now has that same provision in his contract and that is why he seems like he has lost his marbles now, saying crap like Collaros will be a MOP candidate and such.

Edited by gcn11

3 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Pederson admitted recently in his blog that he was contractually obligated by the club to never publicly criticize anything. Derek Taylor now has that same provision in his contract and that is why he seems like he has lost his marbles now, saying crap like Collaros will be a MOP candidate and such.

Pretty insane.

16 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Pretty risky plan....waiting for injuries and guys to come in out of shape is not the way I would do it.

unless it's a wink and a nod from coaches and management that yeah you'll be back once we trade someone if we can.