Argos @ Als

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, yeah likely but if the Als are smart they'll realize they got a QB they can build around if they're willing to invest in him.  I mean, why would you not?

I guarantee you Pipkin's body of work will not go unnoticed and if the Als don't retain him, he'll get snatched up instantly by BC or SSK and someone will lose their starting QB job there to him.

I'd say even though there may be a few years needed to restock the OL and WRs in MTL, the coaching job might get attractive if you know you get to work with Pipkin, if Reed is gone, and if Andrew Wettenhall stops being an a**hole and gets some sense in his small brain.

Why do you think Pipkin would get snatched up? He'd sign with the Als when his contract is up. As far as JJ goes, he looked good early in his career but flamed out. Over the years, I've seen a lot of qbs come & go so I'm a little more cautiously optimistic than you are.  No question Pipkin could be a great qb but I think it's still too early yet to proclaim him the Saviour in Montreal. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why do you think Pipkin would get snatched up? He'd sign with the Als when his contract is up. As far as JJ goes, he looked good early in his career but flamed out. Over the years, I've seen a lot of qbs come & go so I'm a little more cautiously optimistic than you are.  No question Pipkin could be a great qb but I think it's still too early yet to proclaim him the Saviour in Montreal. 

He might not be the saviour yet......but he sure brings some excitement.

7 hours ago, TheBandit said:

The guy has a 63% completion rate. 1 Passing TD's and 2 INTS in two games. He won last nights game because a kicker hit the goal post.

Sorry, but to even consider him in the same tier as Mike Rielly and SAY HES BETTER...is a joke... Lay off the bathsalts pal.

Oh good going way to conveniently leave out that he threw for 300 yards in spite of WR drops, or the fact that one of those INTs hit Ernest Jackson square in the chest and he paddlehaanded it like the crappy receiver he is.  Or more so that Pipkin got down to the goal line so he ran in the other two TDs.

Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

And yet... cut in camp.

And they had crap for QBs.  remember folks, hes had 2 games.  DCs now know his tendencies. We've seen many QBs come in and look great for a game or 3.. then splat.

That is why it is going to be interesting to watch Big Chris Streveler the next time he gets a game start...he is approaching that splat or looking real legit time for him....

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎25 at 5:13 PM, USABomberfan said:

Oh good going way to conveniently leave out that he threw for 300 yards in spite of WR drops, or the fact that one of those INTs hit Ernest Jackson square in the chest and he paddlehaanded it like the crappy receiver he is.  Or more so that Pipkin got down to the goal line so he ran in the other two TDs.

Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

He isn't anywhere near as good as Reilly. Nor is there any guarantee he'll be playing 8 seasons from now like Mike is. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He isn't anywhere near as good as Reilly. Nor is there any guarantee he'll be playing 8 seasons from now like Mike is. 

Well, fair point, perhaps it's been much more his kind of style and his giving an awful offense some competency that has me feeling Pipkin is being underrated here.  Too many people as usual just only look at the numbers.

Thing is, I'd be willing to bet Reilly's numbers on that crappy 2013 Edmonton team weren't as good as they were the last four years after that team got fixed.  Personnel around a QB does matter.

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

And yet... cut in camp.

And they had crap for QBs.  remember folks, hes had 2 games.  DCs now know his tendencies. We've seen many QBs come in and look great for a game or 3.. then splat.

Well, perhaps had Sherman not been MIA during portions of it or had dedicated a lot more time to getting to know his QBs, the shenanigans with Matthews, Adams and Manziel may never have happened.  Or, he made a mistake like the guys who gave up on Calvillo too soon and didn't realize his full potential.  Or .... Even more so maybe it was Kavis Reed who ordered him cut from camp and Sherman simply followed marching orders.

I really think the Als were lucky though that nobody else snatched him up.

Edited by USABomberfan

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, fair point, perhaps it's been much more his kind of style and his giving an awful offense some competency that has me feeling Pipkin is being underrated here.  Too many people as usual just only look at the numbers.

Thing is, I'd be willing to bet Reilly's numbers on that crappy 2013 Edmonton team weren't as good as they were the last four years after that team got fixed.  Personnel around a QB does matter.

Reilly did put up big numbers being hammered playing behind a bad OL for a number of seasons. Remember just how bad Simeon Rottier used to be?