Around The NHL 2018/2019

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

If Stone's a goner too, how on earth is OTT going to make the cap floor next year?  They're Bobby Ryan and entry level contracts.  

Calling Phaneuf to Sens again... 

They could take on a few, expiring in a year or two, garbage contracts and get some extra picks. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

If Stone's a goner too, how on earth is OTT going to make the cap floor next year?  They're Bobby Ryan and entry level contracts.  

Calling Phaneuf to Sens again... 

Thats a good point.  Without Stone & Dzingle, and the rest of their expiring contracts, they sit at $47 million for next season against a floor of around $60 million.  That might explain their big offer to Stone of $10 million/year since they have to spend it anyway.  But yeah, they'll sign a few players of need but will likely have to take on some contracts too.  But they also dont have a lot of contract room (1-2?)

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I wonder if Stone to VGK is actually most likely now.  

Connection to Stone with McCrimmon & Vegas with tons of draft picks.  I think VGK only hesitation would be that they aren't as good this year. 

But they have room to re-sign him and they're probably in on Karlsson. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I wonder if Stone to VGK is actually most likely now.  

Connection to Stone with McCrimmon & Vegas with tons of draft picks.  I think VGK only hesitation would be that they aren't as good this year. 

Saw chatter that vegas didnt want a rental.  Will they over-pay to keep Stone from Winnipeg?  

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

What would a knowledgeable and informed response be from a dedicated base of Jet fans if management stands pat with their current roster?

I'm currently trying to think of one if this scenario unfolds and not one consistent answer comes up.

I don't think they stand pat but the Caps did last year. 

I could see them saying the price it too high and getting a vet with leadership instead. Someone who can come in and out of the line-up. 

29 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What would a knowledgeable and informed response be from a dedicated base of Jet fans if management stands pat with their current roster?

I'm currently trying to think of one if this scenario unfolds and not one consistent answer comes up.

I'll probably be in the minority, but I wouldn't be that concerned....in that I still think we can go all the way. 

As the West stands today, I see 2 teams that would be favoured in a series vs WPG - - CGY and SJ.  Nashville we're still right there with, they haven't exactly been great lately. That's a pick 'em, like it was last year. 

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think they make a move, altho another blowout loss might change that. Don't look now but 2nd in central with teams not to far behind us. Could be a wildcard team here or miss completely. 

Borderline crazy talk.  A .500 record the rest of the season nets us a 75% chance of 1st or 2nd in the Central.  

I refuse to believe this team wins 6 or 7 of our last 22 games. 

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Central/Winnipeg.html

Jets please don't make me regret this post!!!