Round 3 - Game 2: Golden Knights at Jets

1718JETS029_BMTSP-VS-Graphics_525x525_VG

Monday, CBC, Sportsnet, NBCSN  at 7:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Sin City vs. River City"

Storyline: After a quick start and workmanlike performance in a Game 1 win, the Jets look to continue feeding off of the whiteout and take a 2-0 lead into T-Mobile, as the rest of the NHL and the American media start to take notice of the whiteout pandemonium and the top team still remaining in the playoffs.

Quote: “They're like a pack of wolves the way they keep coming at you" - Ken Hitchcock on the Jets

Quote #2: “Who are these guys?" - Paul Newman and Robert Redford repeatedly in "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid"

Fun facts: Marc-Andre Fleury only gave up 3 first period goals in his first 10 playoff games this year before giving up 3 against the Jets on Saturday.......the Jets playoff opponents so far had 101, 117, and 109 points in the regular season for a total of 327, the second highest total in NHL history for the first 3 rounds (LA in 2014 faced San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago and their total of 334 points....Saturday's appearance on NBC was the first time ever the Jets appeared on American network TV....the decibel meter in Bell-MTS Centre hit 112.4 on Thursday night at the viewing party as the Jets wrapped up their series against Nashville, with only about 7,000 fans in the building.....Winnipeg and Vegas are the first two rookie participants in the Western Conference Final since Anaheim and Minnesota in 2003.....with 8 years of combined residency in their respective cities, this is the youngest franchise match-up in the playoffs since Colorado (1st year) and Florida (2nd year) met in the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals....this is the first time either team has trailed in a playoff series this year.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Based on quality scoring chances, game one could have been about 8-2. 

Their defensive play was outstanding: physical play, blocking most of the cross ice passes, tons of shot blocks, mostly routine saves for #37

I loved GK twitter after game one. Lots of comments about how good the GKs looked and it was only the refs that held them back. 

I'm assuming the people that watched the game sober just stayed quiet. 

Imagine what will happen when the Jets actually get going?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I loved GK twitter after game one. Lots of comments about how good the GKs looked and it was only the refs that held them back. 

I'm assuming the people that watched the game sober just stayed quiet. 

Imagine what will happen when the Jets actually get going?

Well after the first 9 minutes they played about even.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Just get rid of the ticket thing. 

Heres anothet story. Only 15,000 out last   night. 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Beat me to it. Title needs work.

Shanghaied Knights

I keep the title straight-laced and try to dress up the tagline, but please feel free to add your input. Loved the Knights of the Roulette Table as well, keep them coming! Team effort makes it better.