Game 51 : The Bay @ Eatons

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Myers moving up to play with Morrissey is interesting... Makes me wonder if Maurice sending message to Buff to pull his head out of his ass. 

Kinda makes sense with Trouba and Kulikov out to move Morrissey and Myers together.  Then you can leave Buff with Enstrom and ... ugh... the return of the Chiarot - Poolman line.  Good luck to that pairing against the Lightning.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Beat you to it! I wonder if Hutch's flight was delayed and so they made the change.

Was Hutchinson at practice?

...sounds like he was not - even more ridiculous to start him tonight then - Helle is as rested as he will get this season, basically four days off

Edited by Floyd

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Top C out, top D out, top shutdown C out... starting your backup against the best team in the league - such a strange move, going to be an interesting game 

Pretty sure Vasilevsky starts...

Lowry back. 

Who cares who Tampa starts. I really dont get your logic... Complain so much that Helle is overplayed and then when he gets a break.. You complain about that also. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Lowry back. 

Who cares who Tampa starts. I really dont get your logic... Complain so much that Helle is overplayed and then when he gets a break.. You complain about that also. 

Don't be a **** today.

Like I said, the last real game Helle played was Thursday...  he practiced today and could easily play - there's no back to back games this week

If he needs a rest, play Hutch against Coyotes and give Helle the whole week off.

I hope this move works but seems really strange.  This is classic Maurice over-thinking...

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

While I think it's a strange decision, I don't think it's a head coach overthinking.

Tonight's game is against an Eastern Conference team and the next two are against Western Conference teams. The latter two are more important to the standings.

Yup despite what @iHeart thinks lol... Tampa is irrelevant to us. They are starting their backups backup also. 

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

While I think it's a strange decision, I don't think it's a head coach overthinking.

Tonight's game is against an Eastern Conference team and the next two are against Western Conference teams. The latter two are more important to the standings.

Its just weird - start of a major homestand...

At least Domingue is starting

I dont think hes over thinking or playing a hunch. He said it was circled for a long time to give Helle the game off.  I think it was just taking advantage of All Star Weekend to give him an extended break.  If Mason was healthy, he'd be starting.  He's not so Hutch goes.  They wanted to give helle a break and they're sticking with it.

38 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Its just weird - start of a major homestand...

At least Domingue is starting

So, let's say they lose tonight. That leaves 9 more home games in a row. One loss to a non-conference team won't make or break the home-stand. The Jets have already shown a loss doesn't rattle them, especially on home ice.