Lapolice Should Say No To Any Offers From Bob Glieberman Wettenhall In MTL

USABomberfan

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That plays need a bigger & physically stronger slot to be a success. Dressler isn't big enough to take the pounding as he runs out of room on that play & is surrounded by tacklers coming at him like guided missiles.  I don't like that play one bit when LaPo calls his number. 

That or a fresh legged kick return type. A big strong guy probably wont make a lot of use of it. But to be fair, our fly sweep is soo well known it doesnt surprise any one. Its not like it will bust a huge gain. The longest i can recall this year is 15 yards. 

Maybe flanders lined up as the wing. Or givens, hes got a good mix of speed and size. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the 01 team was better, but the offense was not. 

No im not 16 lol? but putting 2001 ahead of 2002 makes me wonder if you are 17. :lol: Cus 2000 wr core was all world. blink had 1 td in 2001. Sellers was here in 2002/2003. 

No, add 1 elite wr and our offense is better. Dressler, adams + new elite wr. Best rb in the league, one of the best and deepest OLs (our OL got thin quickly in the khari era. while we got better else where it wasnt on the line) And khari tossed 46 tds, but people forget the 29 picks. 

Khari + milt + bruce + blink + sellers is an incredible start to an offense. But a lack luster OL, and little to no depth after that. 

Fair enough, my point being though that your earlier statement was pretty bold.

I liked Willy's heart before he got broken. Dressler's been great when he's healthy which isn't often and he's too small. Ryan Smith was a waste. Hurl, hurl. I've never been a fan of Durant's. Lapo isn't a player. Neither is Hall. Just say no to Rider retreads. They haven't done us any great favours.

25 minutes ago, J5V said:

I liked Willy's heart before he got broken. Dressler's been great when he's healthy which isn't often and he's too small. Ryan Smith was a waste. Hurl, hurl. I've never been a fan of Durant's. Lapo isn't a player. Neither is Hall. Just say no to Rider retreads. They haven't done us any great favours.

Well I'll definitely shut the door on Duron Carter ever coming here then lol

And of course Hall isn't a player, he's a retread coach lol, so how bout no rider retread coaches either.  And Lapolice doesn't count because he's been a Bomber more than he's been a Rider.

Edited by USABomberfan

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

The terms are "mind boggling" and "moot".  Don't you guys know anything.

"Mind bottling" and "moo point' are perfectly cromulent terms.

Mind bottling: what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.

Moo Point: a cow’s opinion doesn’t matter

1z6n1p.jpg

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Yeah on that bold point, Dressler+Adams+new receiver is not better than 2002 because Milt was better than Adams and Dressler put together. 2002 Milt had over 1800 receiving yards and 23 tds. That 2002 team also had Arland Bruce who was over 1000 yards and had 12 tds that season. The third receiver was Robert Gordon. I'll give you 2017 Harris over 2002 Blink but 2002 Blink was fantastic. Oh and Sellers. Plus Khari was a better QB than Nichols.

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

"Mind bottling" and "moo point' are perfectly cromulent terms.

Mind bottling: what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.

Moo Point: a cow’s opinion doesn’t matter

How about a mute point... it's irrelevant so it should be muted...

9 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Yeah on that bold point, Dressler+Adams+new receiver is not better than 2002 because Milt was better than Adams and Dressler put together. 2002 Milt had over 1800 receiving yards and 23 tds. That 2002 team also had Arland Bruce who was over 1000 yards and had 12 tds that season. The third receiver was Robert Gordon. I'll give you 2017 Harris over 2002 Blink but 2002 Blink was fantastic. Oh and Sellers. Plus Khari was a better QB than Nichols.

And then there was 713.

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll give you 2017 Harris over 2002 Blink but 2002 Blink was fantastic

1722 yards from scrimmage for Harris this year and 7 touchdowns vs. 1775 yards from scrimmage for Roberts in 02 and 11 touchdowns... And Roberts wasn't the unquestioned key to the offense like Harris is for this team so I dunno that I can agree with this notion that Harris 2017 is better than 2002 Blink. 

Edited by 17to85

12 hours ago, J5V said:

He is one of the best receivers in this league. 

His size has not impeded his production and being taller doesn't mean he wouldn't get hurt as often or be better.

If anything, his physical makeup and his talent to go along with it makes him the lethal player he is.

Although I'm more a fan of the defensive side of the game, Dressler is probably my favorite player on this team (Mo being a very close second :-))

I really hope Lapo continues to try to throw different looks at Edmonton so they have difficulty in spying Dressler.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He is one of the best receivers in this league. 

His size has not impeded his production and being taller doesn't mean he wouldn't get hurt as often or be better.

If anything, his physical makeup and his talent to go along with it makes him the lethal player he is.

Although I'm more a fan of the defensive side of the game, Dressler is probably my favorite player on this team (Mo being a very close second :-))

I really hope Lapo continues to try to throw different looks at Edmonton so they have difficulty in spying Dressler.

You're right of course but he has been the lone bright spot in a long list of duds to have come our way from Suckskatchewan. When I see how he has been used in our offense it's maddening because I think Lapo could have certainly designed a much better scheme to take advantage of Dressler's talents instead of sending him out there to get annihilated. The play set designed for Dressler would suit a receiver like Thorpe or even Givens much better IMO so some of the blame for Dressler's injury woes rests with Lapo. The original premise was about how much Durant could help us and I just don't see it. The guy was never that good and is certainly on the down side of his career now. Just say no to any more Rider retreads.

riderssuck4.jpg

2 hours ago, J5V said:

You're right of course but he has been the lone bright spot in a long list of duds to have come our way from Suckskatchewan. When I see how he has been used in our offense it's maddening because I think Lapo could have certainly designed a much better scheme to take advantage of Dressler's talents instead of sending him out there to get annihilated. The play set designed for Dressler would suit a receiver like Thorpe or even Givens much better IMO so some of the blame for Dressler's injury woes rests with Lapo. The original premise was about how much Durant could help us and I just don't see it. The guy was never that good and is certainly on the down side of his career now. Just say no to any more Rider retreads.

riderssuck4.jpg

If McManus et al cannot do better than Durant and apparently Davis and LeFevour, we are in trouble next year.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

All-star Jermarcus Hardrick, Lankford and Denmark have also been tainted by the green plague.

Since Lankford and Denmark have been less that stellar that's one out of three. Walters needs to hit a few home runs and get us some GD receivers! A Manny Arceneaux or Greg Ellingson would look real good on this team right now. A MLB wouldn't hurt either. Just imagine.

50 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

All-star Jermarcus Hardrick, Lankford and Denmark have also been tainted by the green plague.

Denmark never really saw the field though for the melonheads so ... I'd say he never really got infected by ridirt syndrome.

Lankford on the other hand, if he doesn't step up big tomorrow, the thread calling to dropkick him and Richie Hall out the door is going to take off like a rocket.

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Since Lankford and Denmark have been less that stellar that's one out of three. Walters needs to hit a few home runs and get us some GD receivers! A Manny Arceneaux or Greg Ellingson would look real good on this team right now. A MLB wouldn't hurt either. Just imagine.

Hey man, everybody knows it takes more than 4 years to find a quality receiver or MLB.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed- Walter needs to get a Game Day receiver. 

Is Manny up for a new contract this year?

Yup. I believe he signed a 2-year deal in 2015. Unlock the vault. How friggin happy would Nichols be having that beast to throw to?