serious scrap heaping going on in the Hammer

Booch

Simoni Lawrence would look so good here....Could he be available for the right price??...I'm sure, as far as the Cat's are scrap heapin, other clubs are shark circlin'...I see they've picked up Frank Renaud today...Good to see him get a shot somewhere else.....but couldn't we have packaged him up instead of just cutting him loose....Obviously Ham. had a need.

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Simoni Lawrence would look so good here....Could he be available for the right price??...I'm sure, as far as the Cat's are scrap heapin, other clubs are shark circlin'...I see they've picked up Frank Renaud today...Good to see him get a shot somewhere else.....but couldn't we have packaged him up instead of just cutting him loose....Obviously Ham. had a need.

Interesting, I wonder if this had anything to do with the Bombers setting him free?  Are PR players allowed to listen to offers from other teams?

Love me some Luke Tasker but oh man I do not want to trade away any Canuck OL.  We're finally building national depth on the OL and if we can start three Canucks there next year then we can start three imports at LB.  The upgrade from Thorpe or Denmark to Tasker isn't big enough to warrant trading away depth.

Though when I think about getting Lawrence ... upgrading on Knox might be enough to get me wanting to eat the seed corn...

Just now, johnzo said:

Love me some Luke Tasker but oh man I do not want to trade away any Canuck OL.  We're finally building national depth on the OL and if we can start three Canucks there next year then we can start three imports at LB.  The upgrade from Thorpe or Denmark to Tasker isn't big enough to warrant trading away depth.

Though when I think about getting Lawrence ... upgrading on Knox might be enough to get me wanting to eat the seed corn...

meh.  I'm thinking we are comfortable in our canuck o-line depth.. that if we felt the need to upgrade our team NOW, then Neufie could be swapped.   Couture and Spooner are both adequate fill-ins for the remainder of the season.. I don't forsee us going 3 canadians on the o-line anytime soon.. not with a monster like Bond. (unless he gets an NFL gig) but realistically, its the best o-line we have had in a decade.   I'd be loath to go back to how we were even 2-3 years ago when our QBs spent more time fearing for their lives then trying to make plays..

and if landing someone like Lawrence or even a legit WIL could improve our defense vastly it would be hard to not make the move..

I doubt Austin is gonna swap away a battleship for a rowboat like Neufeld unless there's something else serious at play ... contract status, locker room attitude, etc. 

Simoni Lawrence for Neufeld would be a total Madden trade.  And people have been talking that Bond is indeed gonna try his NFL luck next year.

Edited by johnzo

We are good with Canadian O-line I think...we are starting 2...we have Couture/Spooner and most likely Gray if not this year, next.

If Bond goes, we are still sitting good with Bryant at left tackle and either Hardick or Foketti and right tackle..the other going to guard if we choose to go 3 imports..there is a reason that they are keeping Foketti around here..he is good. If we choose to go 3 nationals, and if Gray is here we have Gray/Spooner and Couture to choose from and thats if we don't draft anyone, so I'm thinking Neuf and his higher salary are something we can purge if we choose to this year

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

not sure how much Neufeld would fetch us in a straight up trade,  but someone else worth maybe thinking about is Couture. Young and cheap enough, and with Spooner and Gray in our back pocket,  Couture might be ale to get a better trade on the table

If Couture is close to being as good as Neufeld, then it would make sense to trade Neufeld- his paycheque is a lot heftier and we could use that money better elsewhere.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

If Couture is close to being as good as Neufeld, then it would make sense to trade Neufeld- his paycheque is a lot heftier and we could use that money better elsewhere.

from our stand point, yes it would make sense to try and shed the salary for equal play of a younger guy. But from the other spectrum Neufeld holds so much less value in a trade. He's older, more expensive and pretty much at his ceiling. Not going to get much in return from him on the table

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not sure how much neufeld would fetch us in a straight up trade,  but someone else worth maybe thinking about is Couture. Young and cheap enough, and with Spooner and Gray in our back pocket,  Couture might be ale to get a better trade on the table

uh, no.  we spent the better half of 4 years trying to draft young, tough o-linemen who are going to be fixtures here.  why would we start off-loading those assets.  that seems very Mackavellian or Tamanesque in thought process lol.

Edited by SPuDS

Just now, SPuDS said:

uh, no.  we spent the better half of 4 years trying to draft young, tough o-linemen who are going to be fixtures here.  why would we start off-loading those assets.  that seems very mackavellian in thought process lol.

we have chungh, goossen, spooner and eventually gray + we would still have neufeld and any other future draft picks, it's not like Couture is the be all end all to our line but IMO offers more in a trade then Neufeld does, which is what the discussion has been about to this point,  what can we trade to get pieces that we need. I think Couture might be one of the most valuable assets we hold that we could trade without really causing any issues to our team

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

we have chungh, goossen, spooner and eventually gray + we would still have neufeld and any other future draft picks, it's not like Couture is the be all end all to our line but IMO offers more in a trade then Neufeld does, which is what the discussion has been about to this point,  what can we trade to get pieces that we need. I think Couture might be one of the most valuable assets we hold that we could trade without really causing any issues to our team

Gotta agree to disagree.. Neufie has the experience on many spots on the line, hes older and more seasoned.  I think we could get more for him to be honest and I'm loathe to give away someone we have been developing for a few years just because he might offer a better return.. Id think Neuf would be the better return AND not set our o-line depth and development back..

4 hours ago, Stickem said:

Makes a lot of sense...  I'd bet Renaud was just cut because Hamilton made him an offer and he accepted...  Renaud was next man up if there's an ST injury

Edited by Floyd