Rider depth gonna be tested

Booch

10 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The best part is, all the Jone defenders criticized the 2015 Riders to no end. Insulting Glenn relentlessly and saying it wasn't worth it to lose with a QB like that. Now, two years later they're starting an even WORSE version of the same Glenn and have a roster that's very bare bones much like 2015. 

The meltdown on that board when Jones gets fired after this year is going to be priceless.

I want Jones to get the third year because it'll just set the franchise back further.

Someone new will have an offseason to bring in promising players like high quality quarterbacks and with Jones that isn't happening.

He'll get fired around game 9 next year and then they are REALLY going to be set back.

Edited by Judd

To keep the tires pumped over there the usual suspects need to keep selling fantasies.

During the offseason it was Durant is old and over rated. Young is gonna surprise you and prospect X is lighting it up in camp and, hey, don't forget Glenn's glory days' passing stats. Don't worry there's a plan in place etc. etc

Now that that's all evapourated it will be Bridge's turn and after that ? Pretty soon they are going to have to admit that chopping Durant and the entire notion of giving Jones that amount of power as been a monumental mistake as two seasons and counting have been frittered away.

2 minutes ago, Zontar said:

To keep the tires pumped over there the usual suspects need to keep selling fantasies.

During the offseason it was Durant is old and over rated. Young is gonna surprise you and prospect X is lighting it up in camp and, hey, don't forget Glenn's glory days' passing stats. Don't worry there's a plan in place etc. etc

Now that that's all evapourated it will be Bridge's turn and after that ? Pretty soon they are going to have to admit that chopping Durant and the entire notion of giving Jones that amount of power as been a monumental mistake as two seasons and counting have been frittered away.

Bridge does not have what it takes to be a high end CFL qb. Everyone over there knows it deep down but are just desperately hoping it'll work out 

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Durant hasn't been any better than Glenn this year.  I felt Glenn was a wash for Durant for less money, which is exactly how its been so far.  You guys keep laughing at Glenn, his stats are as good as Collaros and Nichols this year.  Speaking of qb's, how long till your guy gets axed? I always said he was no good and over rated.  You should be more worried about the mess in your own yard instead of looking over the fence.  Today would be a good day for him to finally do something

39 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Speaking of qb's, how long till your guy gets axed? I always said he was no good and over rated.  You should be more worried about the mess in your own yard instead of looking over the fence

Did you have to crawl through a forest of deniability and unawareness before you made this comment?

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Did you have to crawl through a forest of deniability and unawareness before you made this comment?

I think we all knew what we were getting when we signed Glenn. No one has been hyping him up.. I think we got what we expected so far, and actually a bit more

43 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Durant hasn't been any better than Glenn this year.  I felt Glenn was a wash for Durant for less money, which is exactly how its been so far.  You guys keep laughing at Glenn, his stats are as good as Collaros and Nichols this year.  Speaking of qb's, how long till your guy gets axed? I always said he was no good and over rated.  You should be more worried about the mess in your own yard instead of looking over the fence.  Today would be a good day for him to finally do something

Look at Nichols record since becoming the starter here and get back to me.

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

Look at Nichols record since becoming the starter here and get back to me.

The only reason the Bombers have won is because of Nichols?  Ham and egger numbers on a team that leads the league in turnovers for. Only 10% of people in the pole of your own fans thinks he is a elite qb.  I don't need to get back to you, your own fans have spoken

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Hmm I believe I read quite a few posts and articles expecting a little more than 2-4 and getting yanked last game.

I would have pulled him at halftime in Calgary game. Likely halftime last week too. I want to see what bridge can do coming off the bench in the games we are going to lose anyway.  As far as stats go I'd say he has been what we thought. Glenn also takes every third or fourth game off, nothing new during his career

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The only reason the Bombers have won is because of Nichols?  Ham and egger numbers on a team that leads the league in turnovers for. Only 10% of people in the pole of your own fans thinks he is a elite qb.  I don't need to get back to you, your own fans have spoken

LEADERSHIP!

Nichols has it, Durant has it, Kevin Glenn does not and never has had it. Glenn can put up all the numbers he wants to, but he's still not a leader. Nichols is showing himself to be a winner for the Bombers, Durant showed he was a winner with the Riders, keep your stats Glenn is a loser. 

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Rider fan trying to stir the pot, I get it, your team is trash, you want to come here to get us going. 

Eli Manning has never been Elite and has 2 rings

Joe Flacco has a ring NOT elite.

Don't care if he's not elite if he's getting W's

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

Rider fan trying to stir the pot, I get it, your team is trash, you want to come here to get us going. 

Eli Manning has never been Elite and has 2 rings

Joe Flacco has a ring NOT elite.

Don't care if he's not elite if he's getting W's

Ok then, thanks for being honest. Teams can win with less than elite qb's, its been done many times

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

LEADERSHIP!

Nichols has it, Durant has it, Kevin Glenn does not and never has had it. Glenn can put up all the numbers he wants to, but he's still not a leader. Nichols is showing himself to be a winner for the Bombers, Durant showed he was a winner with the Riders, keep your stats Glenn is a loser. 

None of you guys ever had anything nice to say about DD when he was a Rider, but yes you are right, he was a leader and could elevate his play in the playoffs. Can Nichols do that?  That remains to be seen. I'd hold off on comparing Nichols to Durant for a bit yet.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Ok then, thanks for being honest. Teams can win with less than elite qb's, its been done many times

At the end of the day Trevor Harris has put up huge numbers and can be elite as he wants but in the final 2 minutes he plays scared, you can see it in his body language.

Bombers offence is still figuring things out and last game was their best game so far. I'll take the steady improvement, still not convinced our defence or offence is good enough to win against EDM or CGY though.

Wow Ripper. This whole Nichols debate has now started because you once again had to ride to the defence of your Riders. To ask if today Nichols will "finally do something" and call him "over rated" is not even credible.  Your "defend at all costs" shtick is beyond old. It isn't even your actual team that is so despised by so many across the country. We want the team to fail because it will bring hardship to an absolutely insufferable fan base, and you add to that with every post.

Instead of continually stirring things up on a rivals fan board, don't you have to iron your jersey for a wedding today or something? 

2 minutes ago, Steve Fanitage said:

Wow Ripper. This whole Nichols debate has now started because you once again had to ride to the defence of your Riders. To ask if today Nichols will "finally do something" and call him "over rated" is not even credible.  Your "defend at all costs" shtick is beyond old. It isn't even your actual team that is so despised by so many across the country. We want the team to fail because it will bring hardship to an absolutely insufferable fan base, and you add to that with every post.

Instead of continually stirring things up on a rivals fan board, don't you have to iron your jersey for a wedding today or something? 

The post I replied to was from a Tiger cats fan. I was talking about Collaros.  Are you new here?

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

None of you guys ever had anything nice to say about DD when he was a Rider, but yes you are right, he was a leader and could elevate his play in the playoffs. Can Nichols do that?  That remains to be seen. I'd hold off on comparing Nichols to Durant for a bit yet.

Oh please, I always took **** for defending Durant around these parts. Guy clearly was a leader and a winner for the Riders even if people here were obligated to hate him because he wore **** green for so long. Even today people under rate the **** out of him in Montreal. Not his fault that team isn't all that great right now. 

4 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

At the end of the day Trevor Harris has put up huge numbers and can be elite as he wants but in the final 2 minutes he plays scared, you can see it in his body language.

Bombers offence is still figuring things out and last game was their best game so far. I'll take the steady improvement, still not convinced our defence or offence is good enough to win against EDM or CGY though.

Harris is a interesting storey. I think he is showing huge upside. He doesn't have a very good team to work with. I don't see him as elite but feel he could turn out to be a hell of a qb in this league.  Bombers also are interesting in the sense that they need to take a step to beat the top teams but are better than the poor ones right now. Bombers are trending upwards over last season or so

2 minutes ago, the watcher said:

This is a huge game for the Riders.They lose,Bombers win, and they are 6 points back.Thats way to much ground to make up barring a Bomber collapse  with isn't  happening. 

Riders need the Bombers to lose today. I don't see it, the cats are just horrible. Only glimmer of hope is a winless team sooner or later wins.  As far as us, if you win and we lose its over. If we both lose I guess we are still hanging by a thread. Can't let games slip away when you have a chance to win.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh please, I always took **** for defending Durant around these parts. Guy clearly was a leader and a winner for the Riders even if people here were obligated to hate him because he wore **** green for so long. Even today people under rate the **** out of him in Montreal. Not his fault that team isn't all that great right now. 

In fairness to you, you are one of the very few who ever said anything nice about him. I was referring to everyone else. 

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Harris is a interesting storey. I think he is showing huge upside. He doesn't have a very good team to work with. I don't see him as elite but feel he could turn out to be a hell of a qb in this league.  Bombers also are interesting in the sense that they need to take a step to beat the top teams but are better than the poor ones right now. Bombers are trending upwards over last season or so

Finally some sense has been restored.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

he seemed to elevate it pretty good last year in palyoffs...arguably his best game of his career...the defense lost that one...and yeah Nichol's at this time isn't elite...stat wise but winning percentage wise since being starter here 14-5...pretty elite numbers

Guy leads by example and his team will kill for him..exactly what u want..U won't admit it but you would love to have him leading that green mess right now

Edited by Booch