Top 50 CFL Players (opinion)

AKAChip

40 minutes ago, Ripper said:

NFL hangover, players are never as good when they come back.

Oh, please... He played in the CFL the past two seasons after being unable to stick down south. That must be one hell of a hangover... Maybe he's been drinking Pilsner.

It's looking less and less likely with each passing season Muamba will return to his 2013 form. A bloody shame he went to the NFL, too. He had all the makings of a CFL MLB stud, with the right passport to boot.

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Oh, please... He played in the CFL the past two seasons after being unable to stick down south. That must be one hell of a hangover... Maybe he's been drinking Pilsner.

It's looking less and less likely with each passing season Muamba will return to his 2013 form. A bloody shame he went to the NFL, too. He had all the makings of a CFL MLB stud, with the right passport to boot.

I get the pursuit of money and fame but I think he really did himself a disservice by chasing that dream.  He was in the prime of his career when he was a bomber.  he was making plays, flying around and was a force.   Now hes a shell of his former self, still a good option but is he even really that much better then Hurl at this point?  maybe a bit but hes heavy, slow and not nearly as game changing as he once was..

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

beat me to it lol.  Singleton, hands down, is the best canadian LB in the CFL right now.  Guys a gamer and the switch from american to canadian at his spot would actually downgrade the stamps defense IMO.

Sorry guys. I thought he played WIL, guess I wasn't paying that close of attention to their depth chart. Yes Singleton is definitely a very good MLB 

44 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think with certain players getting to the NFL is what makes them great when they are here, before they go. They play their hearts out for no money so they can get out of here to make the bigger money.  The realization that the dream is gone has them settle back here to get a paycheck and continue playing football. Chick and Dressler are two that played as good after coming back as they did before they went, although both suffered injuries while down south. Cory Sheets is one that probably regrets going back down to try again. I think Muamba will get better and better as the year goes on, or at least that's my hope

On 7/9/2017 at 8:36 PM, Kluchk said:

Lol Bakari Grant is 2nd in the league with touchdowns and you have players with zero touchdowns on that list ahead of him. Hilarious.

And Matt Nichols doesn't even crack top 50? C'mon now.

You think Bakari Grant is a top 50 player?! Really?

Mike, ban this guy for the 4th time please!

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Sorry guys. I thought he played WIL, guess I wasn't paying that close of attention to their depth chart. Yes Singleton is definitely a very good MLB 

"I know nothing about him but yes he is very good!"

How can you even provide a valid opinion on a player when you don't know what position he plays?

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I think with certain players getting to the NFL is what makes them great when they are here, before they go. They play their hearts out for no money so they can get out of here to make the bigger money.  The realization that the dream is gone has them settle back here to get a paycheck and continue playing football. Chick and Dressler are two that played as good after coming back as they did before they went, although both suffered injuries while down south. Cory Sheets is one that probably regrets going back down to try again. I think Muamba will get better and better as the year goes on, or at least that's my hope

The fact that Henoc showed up to camp 15 lbs. overweight shows that he doesn't take his training or his CFL career very seriously.  He may have presumed that because he is a Canadian MLB he will always find a CFL team willing to accommodate him, but that is a false assumption as many tier one Natls. including himself have been cast off in the last few years in order to shed bloated salaries.  He may have found a home in Sask. for now but that could be his last refuge, if he doesn't commit to an attitude adjustment shortly he will dither away talent that could have provided him with a long CFL career.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The fact that Henoc showed up to camp 15 lbs. overweight shows that he doesn't take his training or his CFL career very seriously.  He may have presumed that because he is a Canadian MLB he will always find a CFL team willing to accommodate him, but that is a false assumption as many tier one Natls. including himself have been cast off in the last few years in order to shed bloated salaries.  He may have found a home in Sask. for now but that could be his last refuge, if he doesn't commit to an attitude adjustment shortly he will dither away talent that could have provided him with a long CFL career.

Well said. He seemed to let his NFL "experience" go to his head and who he is now is a far cry from who he once was only a few years ago. A real shame when you consider the raw talent and football IQ he demonstrated early on in his pro career.