TORONTO @ OTTAWA / HAMILTON @ SASK.

Mr Dee

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What has happened to the Ti Cats???

187 yards in penalties is what. I only caught the 2nd half of the game,  but jesus h crispies there was like maybe 5 plays that didn't have a flag for both teams. I'll give the riders credit though, they stopped the ticats when they needed to and their fans will get to bask in this win for the next 2 weeks but up next after the bye is calgary, and I think that bubble will go pop

11 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Collaros looks how any quarterback would look behind a terrible offensive line.

Sounds like the excuses we heard for Drew Willy.

Kevin Glenn looked decent behind Sask's crap OL...  granted Dennis was better than Fulton.  But still, Ham was in his face all day.

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sounds like the excuses we heard for Drew Willy.

Kevin Glenn looked decent behind Sask's crap OL...  granted Dennis was better than Fulton.  But still, Ham was in his face all day.

Sounds like you don't understand the game you're watching. There's a reason why anyone who's been involved with the game at any level will tell you the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. It's not a cliche. 

Dennis versus Fulton is irrelevant. If the other four aren't doing their jobs, regardless of the situation, it doesn't matter how good your left tackle is. All it takes is one weak link to make an offensive line look poor.

No matter what, Kevin Glenn has been playing lights out with his quick release and identifying blitzes. He only got sacked once, by no-ill Will Hill. 32/43 for 380 yards and 2 TDs and ONLY 1 pic6. Of course they had the ball over 13 minutes more than that putrid Hamilton offence, but what the hey!

Hamilton looks horrible. One scoring drive in the whole game. Huge number of big penalties. Looks like Rein-dolt's only a good special teams coach. Give him any more responsibility and he sucks. Collaros looks shell shocked. Happy feet and poor throws. He needs to get it together or it will be a very long season for the Ticats.

This one was closer than it should have been. Take away the 115 yard pick 6 and it's 37-13 and that doesn't account for the Riders getting any points without the pick. Rider had too many penalties and made too many mistakes, but it didn't matter cuz Hamilton made more. Funny to think that the Riders would most likely be 2-0-1 if their kicker played just a bit better.

Watching the Cats in both games...it has been a heated mess.  
Bad OL, bad secondary, weak receiving corps.
Pointed out the lack of confidence from Collaros , in week one - more of same last nite.  
His body language is none too good right now, and he seems unwilling to scramble around (when he is at his best)
Won't say Hamilton run game is bad.....simply because by design (Austin) it is completely non-existent.

Overall that team looks very unprepared, disorganized and undisciplined in all facets

As far as Dr. Jeff.....everybody in this town already knew ....that making him anything over the level of assistant coach, would not end well....

Well guys. Was sure nice to win one. We cheered our butts off again but at least this one we got to enjoy. Hamilton was never in the game for a second, it was over when we won the coin toss. Chick looks like the motor is done, he made some good tackles on running plays but wasn't over powering anyone on our line to rush Glenn. Collaros looked bad. Cant think of anyone who really looked good. Shovelface looks like he doesn't even care anymore. A total butt kicking from top to bottom.

6 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Sounds like you don't understand the game you're watching. There's a reason why anyone who's been involved with the game at any level will tell you the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. It's not a cliche. 

Dennis versus Fulton is irrelevant. If the other four aren't doing their jobs, regardless of the situation, it doesn't matter how good your left tackle is. All it takes is one weak link to make an offensive line look poor.

I don't remember ever claiming that the game was not won and lost at the line of scrimmage.  Howver, left tackle has a pretty significant effect on the QB's play.

That post was in response to your point - 'any QB would play like Collaros behind that OL' - except Glenn had a crap OL and didn't play like that.  Collaros has happy feet, Glenn does not.  So, like Drew Willy, he is done.... or do I need to explain the concept of happy feet to you.

Another typical mean-spirited post from a guy who couldn't remember what year Gary Etcheverry was our DC.  Nice.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't remember ever claiming that the game was not won and lost at the line of scrimmage.  Howver, left tackle has a pretty significant effect on the QB's play.

That post was in response to your point - 'any QB would play like Collaros behind that OL' - except Glenn had a crap OL and didn't play like that.  Collaros has happy feet, Glenn does not.  So, like Drew Willy, he is done.... or do I need to explain the concept of happy feet to you.

Agree with your point about LT, critical position on the line, qb's blindside. As far as riders oline, I thought they played very well yesterday and have this year to date. Picked up multiple blitzes yesterday. Shut Chick down completely, was reading here yesterday how he was going to have multiple sacks

Austin maybe rewarded Rienbold for his great special teams work. by making him D coach.

He's now maybe over his level of ability, probably not knowledge, but ability to react during the game.

don't know. I know Trestman destroyed him the other day.

Jeff might be the first coach to get canned this year, if their D doesn't start playing better.

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Agree with your point about LT, critical position on the line, qb's blindside. As far as riders oline, I thought they played very well yesterday and have this year to date. Picked up multiple blitzes yesterday. Shut Chick down completely, was reading here yesterday how he was going to have multiple sacks

mbb posters have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Sask. I'll get slammed just for posting this.

the dislike is gut level, and a bit irrational.

One play pretty sure Hamilton rushed 8, and didnt get to glenn. shitty o line can't stop that quick release or not.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Maybe I'm too anti-Rider...  but Glenn got nailed hard more than a few times.  Plus holding calls wiped out some Sask gains.  

They picked up a few stunts - but not many - Glenn was under pressure a lot.  Difference I saw is that he stepped up in the pocket to buy an extra second while Collaros bailed.  Probably time to put this myth about Glenn wilting under pressure to rest.

The other difference is that Hamilton's D is a mess - no discipline at all.  

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maybe I'm too anti-Rider...  but Glenn got nailed hard more than a few times.  Plus holding calls wiped out some Sask gains.  

They picked up a few stunts - but not many - Glenn was under pressure a lot.  Difference I saw is that he stepped up in the pocket to buy an extra second while Collaros bailed.  Probably time to put this myth about Glenn wilting under pressure to rest.

The other difference is that Hamilton's D is a mess - no discipline at all.  

Hamiltons entire team was undisciplined. should be two suspensions coming out of that game