TORONTO @ OTTAWA / HAMILTON @ SASK.

Mr Dee

31 minutes ago, Mark F said:

mbb posters have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Sask. I'll get slammed just for posting this.

the dislike is gut level, and a bit irrational.

You can thank the Rider fanbase for that. Where's Migs? Oh yes, he & others like him only come out of their gopher holes when the Riders start winning.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You can thank the Rider fanbase for that. Where's Migs? Oh yes, he & others like him only come out of their gopher holes when the Riders start winning.

I understand that.

I realize people get a kick out of it. slamming the riders and their fans.

It was the dominant topic here well after the game.

Edited by Mark F

I think the Ticats problems stem from the top down, they don't seem to be competitive in the personnel and F.A. market anymore and the last few years they've been relying on a lot of retreads donated by other teams to find starters.  3-4 years ago they were quite active in F.A. and had a plethora of talent stock piled on both their O and D lines, it seems they have lost a lot of that depth to F.A. in the past two years.  They still have a few high dollar contracts in Laurent and Collaros but SMS may be constraining them elsewhere.  Could be some penny-pinching at the top preventing Austin from running his football dept., retaining good coordinators and going after F.A. talent. 

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think the Ticats problems stem from the top down, they don't seem to be competitive in the personnel and F.A. market anymore and the last few years they've been relying on a lot of retreads donated by other teams to find starters.  3-4 years ago they were quite active in F.A. and had a plethora of talent stock piled on both their O and D lines, it seems they have lost a lot of that depth to F.A. in the past two years.  They still have a few high dollar contracts in Laurent and Collaros but SMS may be constraining them elsewhere.  Could be some penny-pinching at the top preventing Austin from running his football dept., retaining good coordinators and going after F.A. talent. 

the ticats right now remind me of the 2010 bombers that went 4-14 (just without all the close losses) They've certainly had a couple bad offseasons the last few years which is pretty much why they went from the penthouse (back to back GC appearances) to the outhouse

The biggest issue I think with the Cats are injuries. Can't find adequate replacements because it seems to be a never ending story with that team. The Scouting Dept can't keep up due to financial constraints budget wise & the salary cap. It's no longer Next Man Up because there is no Next Man, truthfully. There's a body but that's it. Doesn't mean he can play. Then there's the issue of Kent Austin & his staff. Austin is a screamer who rants & raves. The players know it's easier to replace one man rather than 46. So, they've probably tuned him out. Defensively, How much of this is on Reinbold? Probably 90%. Players seem confused & unprepared. Offensively, they have no up front blocking. Can't score when Collaros is playing scared while running for his life. On special teams they aren't a threat to run back punts & kickoffs. Even with Banks. They're undisciplined which is on Austin.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The biggest issue I think with the Cats are injuries. Can't find adequate replacements because it seems to be a never ending story with that team. The Scouting Dept can't keep up due to financial constraints budget wise & the salary cap. It's no longer Next Man Up because there is no Next Man, truthfully. There's a body but that's it. Doesn't mean he can play. Then there's the issue of Kent Austin & his staff. Austin is a screamer who rants & raves. The players know it's easier to replace one man rather than 46. So, they've probably tuned him out. Defensively, How much of this is on Reinbold? Probably 90%. Players seem confused & unprepared. Offensively, they have no up front blocking. Can't score when Collaros is playing scared while running for his life. On special teams they aren't a threat to run back punts & kickoffs. Even with Banks. They're undisciplined which is on Austin.

Austin ... the model of discipline. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Mark F said:
4 hours ago, Mark F said:

mbb posters have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Sask. I'll get slammed just for posting this.

the dislike is gut level, and a bit irrational.

One play pretty sure Hamilton rushed 8, and didnt get to glenn. shitty o line can't stop that quick release or not.

SLAM!

SLAM!

Edited by do or die