2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

25 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Don't see a Shipachev on his roster though...?

That roster is just the draft.... doesn't include players that Vegas has already signed.  Ha.

Center is definitely the weakest position available in the draft.  It is mostly 3rd and 4th line guys.  A few teams have good centers unprotected but have other better players unprotected too like Eric Staal with the Wild but they also have Matt Dumba. 

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That roster is just the draft.... doesn't include players that Vegas has already signed.  Ha.

Center is definitely the weakest position available in the draft.  It is mostly 3rd and 4th line guys.  A few teams have good centers unprotected but have other better players unprotected too like Eric Staal with the Wild but they also have Matt Dumba. 

Yeah. Its interesting. Where did you do the mock expansion draft? 

My guesstimate of a realistic / favourable Golden Knights roster. 

Eaves from ANA because I think there's a deal to not take Vatanen or Manson.  I believe there's picks coming to VGK to take Lethonen (DAL) and Kruger (CHI).  I believe Minny has a deal done to keep Dumba

This would likely be a mid-range cap team in 2017/18, but the players under contract goes from 19 this season to 10 in 18/19  - I think that would be favourable.  They'd have solid pieces that could be moved now - Raanta or Grubauer and a defenseman.   They'd have solid pieces that may be attractive come trade deadline - Plekanec, Lethonen, Boedker. 

In addition to the picks they already own, + acquired picks for above-mentioned & well-rumoured deals, they set up remarkably well for the next 3-5 years.

Other than the Jets 'cuz I love them, VGK is the team I most look forward to watching the next few years.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

^^^I agree, I dont know why, but Im a Vegas Golden Knights fan.  Maybe the same reason I was a Sharks fan when they debuted.  Its nice to root for the new guys (and I love Vegas).

For me, it's all about the Manitoba content. Either Manitobans, or people with strong Manitoba connections. So much of it...loving it. Sports is all about the regional relatability...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For me, it's all about the Manitoba content. Either Manitobans, or people with strong Manitoba connections. So much of it...loving it. Sports is all about the regional relatability...

I agree.  I think it helps (for me anyway and others here) that Vegas seems to be a regular destination for many Manitobans so there is a sense of wanting to see Vegas succeed anyway.  Plus, it will be interesting to see ticket prices because I can see people going down there for games.  I know a few people that have said the moment Jets/Vegas is announced, they'd want to go.  If the prices are right and availability too, Im going.

I remember when the Jets played Coyotes in year one, I was one of a group strongly considering getting a box in PHX for the game as it was pretty cheap.  Didnt make the plunge though.  Vegas for 3-4 days to see a Jets game?  Sure, why not.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

My guesstimate of a realistic / favourable Golden Knights roster. 

Eaves from ANA because I think there's a deal to not take Vatanen or Manson.  I believe there's picks coming to VGK to take Lethonen (DAL) and Kruger (CHI).  I believe Minny has a deal done to keep Dumba

I don't know what kind of deal you could make that could possible work out better then picking someone like Manson or Vata. There's some good ship available, no deals.

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I don't know what kind of deal you could make that could possible work out better then picking someone like Manson or Vata. There's some good ship available, no deals.

"Barring a major surprise, the Ducks don’t count on losing Vatanen or Manson. Ducks general manager Bob Murray is believed to have worked out a deal with the Golden Knights so that neither will be selected by them. Vegas will reveal its picks during the NHL’s awards show Wednesday night."

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/18/ducks-leave-sami-vatanen-josh-manson-available-for-nhl-expansion-draft/

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

"Barring a major surprise, the Ducks don’t count on losing Vatanen or Manson. Ducks general manager Bob Murray is believed to have worked out a deal with the Golden Knights so that neither will be selected by them. Vegas will reveal its picks during the NHL’s awards show Wednesday night."

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/18/ducks-leave-sami-vatanen-josh-manson-available-for-nhl-expansion-draft/

Vatanen or Manson worth more then the Ducks 1st round pick.